Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

#GBSHatesAddiction

thanks Anime is Blood, i will add this to the excel sheet.

lets see what we have so far

#GBShateswomen

#GBShateschildren

#GBShatesdemons

#GBShatesaddiction

#NotAllGBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JiveHonky posted:

#GBShatesdemons

WTF?

JiveHonky posted:

#NotAllGBS

drat right

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I get people already into heroin being unable to quit. But how does a human being of sentient level thought actually decide to take heroin in the year 2016? Like, it's a well documented and certified stupid loving thing to do.

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos
i actually know plenty of people that use it casually every few weeks or so the way that most people use alcohol. i mean i'm not going to sit here and say that not even trying it once isn't a good rule of thumb but i also don't believe that people really become addicted to it after their very first hit. i'd say the danger probably comes from a casual user deciding to binge for more than two or three days in a row and then taking more a couple of days later when they inevitably exhibit minor withdrawal symptoms, or from using it as a form of self-medication instead of just to party or have a bit of fun.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
It takes like a minute or two to kick in so if after 10 you arent felling it, then lol

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
also u triggered my addiction and now im craving some opiates thanks

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Panda Bear posted:

this is only true if you're already physically addicted. if you aren't, then you're not susceptible to withdrawing in the first place. also op has no idea what buprenorphine is or what it does if he thinks that it only blocks opiates if used intravenously. i mean you obviously don't know what it is if you're even taking it right now in the first place. like what the gently caress do you think people take it for then if it supposedly only blocks them when you IV it? op you're going to have to do a lot more heroin to feel it now that your opiate receptors are saturated with the bupe. or wait at least 24 hours. you could have posted this in tcc and gotten real advice but instead you decided to be a dumb attention-seeker.

Yeah, tcc is a repository of wise responsible posters willing to dish out 'real' advice on your junk habit. Just look past stuff like the people cooking themselves to death in hot cars, and those who buy baby grand pianos when they're high out of their gourds.

Crack
Apr 10, 2009
i had a healthy opiate habit for a while, i used to drink poppy pod tea, got me more blitzed than the time i snorted heroin and lasted upwards of 24hrs, especially when i rebrewed. the dreams were sublime too, but i never got properly addicted because it was a hassle to make and tasted lke vomit.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Roylicious posted:

Last time I was in SF China Town I bought 4 playing cards that were metal with sharpened edges (they're the aces of each suit). Look into that?

Could probably gently caress someone up with those and they are goony as all gently caress.

You better ramble in Cajun before ineffectually throwing them at someone

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna go buy some LSD today and have a much more productive day than this heroin junkie

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
TCC is that way, OP

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lichy posted:

TCC is that way, OP

The thread I will always remember from TCC back when I used to get on the forums from the front page was about injecting cocaine directly into your eyeballs.

I voiced this was a terrible idea and got probated for "a negative opinion of a drug."

TCC is loving nuts

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Blazing Ownager posted:

You better ramble in Cajun before ineffectually throwing them at someone

he also has to hit on a southern brunette with white streaks and say "mob cherie" all the time

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
OP you should give up on all this snorting bullshit and pop that poo poo straight under your skin. The high is the best, you get the most bang for your buck, and abscesses are a myth. Good luck on your journey!

EDIT: And while I'm handing out good advice, you should also try crack. The heroin rush can make you feel warm, so crack chills will cool you down. C-C-COMBO POWER!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Blazing Ownager posted:

The thread I will always remember from TCC back when I used to get on the forums from the front page was about injecting cocaine directly into your eyeballs.

I voiced this was a terrible idea and got probated for "a negative opinion of a drug."

TCC is loving nuts

which is why I hate it when mods get semantic over GBS covering a topic from another subforum

if I'm enough of a sperg on something I will seek its topic out in the appropriate subforum, otherwise I want to just shitpost about it with the relatively normal

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

The Sphinxster posted:

WTF?

drat right

I forget who told me to add #NotAllGBS but it is a great reminder that there are all different kinds of people with lots of differing viewpoints here in GBS and we mustnt forget this.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Blazing Ownager posted:

TCC is loving nuts

i mean yeah lots of mostly harmless drugs are banned for no good reason nowadays but heroin and coke should probably stay that way forever

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
just lol if you don't take your heroin through the eyeball

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

when the cocaine hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amoooore

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

mdm posted:

just lol if you don't take your heroin through the eyeball

LMAO you pussy, use a syringe that doubles as a urethral sounder and shoot that poo poo straight into your dickhole.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

skit herre posted:

nah, that's just when used intraveniously doofus

you're dumb. that's the naloxone (aka Narcan) in Suboxone, it's activated somehow by crushing the tablets to snort em (which I don't think they prescribe the tabs that much nowdays) or cooking up either the tabs or the strips. it's not activated by taking it sublingually, but it still has bupe in it, so it would still gently caress with your receptors.

Subutex is straight bupe. Bupe is a partial agonist. When it binds to some of the receptors that make opiates give you the good feelings, it's keeping them busy with its partial-agonist self. the agonist in the smack A. has less binding going on because it's sharing space with the bupe and B. the lower influence of the bupe is being experienced instead of the higher influence of the smack. the 'partial' part isn't because it 'partially' doesn't gently caress you up, it's because some receptors, it binds completely and blocks all of the smack. can't remember if it blocks it from binding or just blocks the effects.

FFS this poo poo is on wikipedia

Fallows posted:

also u triggered my addiction and now im craving some opiates thanks

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos

Rasta_Al posted:

Yeah, tcc is a repository of wise responsible posters willing to dish out 'real' advice on your junk habit. Just look past stuff like the people cooking themselves to death in hot cars, and those who buy baby grand pianos when they're high out of their gourds.

there's actually an abundance of peer-reviewed info on drugs in tcc whereas it took until page 2 of this thread before anyone with basic knowledge of one of the drugs the op took showed up. but you've probably never even read tcc or you wouldn't have had to use the two most extreme examples of idiocy on there of all time.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

lotta unlicensed pharm techs ITT

#LEGALIZEMETH

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Whatsthe best rc opiate i dont think there is any dope in my city only lovely overpriced hydromorph

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

Whatsthe best rc opiate i dont think there is any dope in my city only lovely overpriced hydromorph

W-18

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

heroin sounds cool nd good

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Panda Bear posted:

there's actually an abundance of peer-reviewed info on drugs in tcc whereas it took until page 2 of this thread before anyone with basic knowledge of one of the drugs the op took showed up. but you've probably never even read tcc or you wouldn't have had to use the two most extreme examples of idiocy on there of all time.

Also provide a hugbox of junkies rationalizing each other's prolonged suicides.

Also "a bloo bloo bloo it's actually my doctor who made me addicted to butt buttplugging xanax and now he won't give me more"

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
i fell asleep for a few hours, so i guess there is at least someting in i try smoking it now?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
The buprenorphine will still interfere.

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

The buprenorphine will still interfere.

yeah if you're set on having it now you'll have to "break through" the bupe. smoke a bunch to the face until you feel it or just save it until tomorrow or the day after. if you took less than 4mg of bupe you can probably do it tomorrow.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Panda Bear posted:

yeah if you're set on having it now you'll have to "break through" the bupe. smoke a bunch to the face until you feel it or just save it until tomorrow or the day after. if you took less than 4mg of bupe you can probably do it tomorrow.

Or better yet, don't, on account of heroin isn't good for you.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

skit herre posted:

i fell asleep for a few hours, so i guess there is at least someting in i try smoking it now?

bupe has a really long half life, fyi

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Panda Bear posted:

harmreduction.txt

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model

Pawn 17 posted:

I think I read somewhere that that average heroin user has a $150 - $200/day habit. GL OP. Even if you don't die, you will be broke AF.

Unless he starts selling his bum on the streets

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
soo did i understand this wrong? i thought the bupe would only work if used IV so people don't inject it? (there also is no Naloxone in it) well ne prob, I will use the bupe to come down when i got no more stuff.

smoking is the way to go?

skit herre fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 6, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Try freebasing instead op. Hell of a lot better than IV or snorting. Other than that stay safe and have fun!

remember when a goon did this with coke and made a pancake from it lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
:gas: this bad troll thread

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
was it coke? maybe it was speed idk

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

thathonkey posted:

:gas: this bad troll thread

check my post history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Just don't do it then pass out in a hot car with the windows rolled up and you should be fine.

• Locked thread