Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the Greatest Team?
Oorai
Pravda
St. Gloriana
Saunders
Anzio
Chi-Ha-Tan
Kuromorimine
Selection
Maginot
Jatkosota
View Results

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i just watched the movie and it was good as hell the entire way through. good anime feels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

god drat the movie owned

it made me elevate the saunders crew to just about the top of the list in terms of insanely cool pals you can count on, which is a pretty hotly-contested spot in this series

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

i read all of the 4komas and they're extremely good. anzio might actually have the most lovable cast after the ooarai gang, they're just so goddamn nice. but now i'm out of material to watch and read, so i guess its time to die

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

i want season 2 to involve a lot more kisses, as god intended

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Gamerofthegame posted:

Annihilation is just for the world tournament stuff.

ps; a thought. All the best scenes of the movie either directly featured or involved the italians. coincidence???

checks out, gamer

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

to be honest every scene is the best scene, for beautiful and unique reasons. der film is a treasure

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Katreus posted:

Lastly, someone made a fanart for a 'new' UST (and someone added in their modified text):

i know we heard Anchovy's real name at some point, but are the ones for Kay, Darjeeling and Katyusha all made up? i don't remember seeing them anywhere despite looking around for them, specifically

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Jintor posted:

yeah, I'm slowing on buying physical stuff right now cos I'm moving soon, but once I'm settled I'm gonna go get Motto Motto whatever.

Does GuP have english manga out of anywhere, or will this contribute to my growing stack of manga-I-can-read-very-slowly?

Motto Motto etc etc is extremely good and adds a boatload of character for everyone, even poor Shiho. in addition, it is also extremely cute, so it's basically perfect

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Desuwa posted:

They're having fun with Motto Love Love and it's mostly characterization, so if you really want to care about what is and isn't canon you can probably consider the characterization canon until it's directly contradicted by the anime?

they're done by the production committee and listed on the main site (unlike lovey-dovey panzer) so it isn't like its some random-rear end doujin or something. it's probably safe to assume your favourite character traits in there are accurate until proven otherwise, yeah

Luceid fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jun 15, 2016

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Katreus posted:

Saunders

saunders owns and i feel like i've seen the least supplemental material to flesh them out compared to st glorianas and pravda

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Command Ant posted:

I figure that the schools are getting some funding and support from the countries they're representing/emulating.

i can't remember which source says it but that's definitely true for some of them

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

jng2058 posted:

How about Saunders getting a frikkin' Nimitz class like the George Washington instead of something WW2 era like Enterprise or Yorktown!

look they had to spend everything in their budget and nobody's producing WW2-era carriers anymore, they were just at the mercy of the market!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

CommissarMega posted:

Momo finds her true calling as a Fleet Admiral, GuP crosses over with Kancolle.

hell, i'm down