Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
"Click here to start meeting"

*Click*

"If you are the host, please login to start:"

*Login*

*Redirect*

"Click here to start meeting"

Repeat ad infinitum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
"Please hold while we wait to start your call."

*Ear-buggering sound of terrible 30 second muzak clips farted down a VOIP line*

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I'm not even in a meeting, but the "WebEx document loader" has made itself the default printer on my work machine regardless of which printer is set as default in the control panel. :argh:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
A guy in my office has Skype set up on his iPhone and, inexplicably, his iPad too.

They ring about half a second out of sync, and once he inevitably answers on the phone the iPad keeps ringing for like 30 seconds after. If he hangs up on the iPad while it's ringing it hangs up the call on his phone too, so he has to half shout into the phone to be heard over the still-ringing iPad sat next to him on the desk.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I did not know until today that if you're viewing multiple people's webcams you cannot stop WebEx from flicking manically back and forth between who it thinks is talking, unless the host picks one to show everybody.

It's a little frustrating when we're having a conversation between me, one guy in another office and then 5 people in a 3rd office that I'd really like to just keep on the screen. It completely loses its poo poo if people start talking over each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
We replaced all our old Nortel phones with Avaya stuff about a year ago. I think my favourite glitch with them is when you pick up the reciever and the call never gets connected, the phone just keeps on ringing.

• Locked thread