Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

straight for inflate is a common sex doll fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

had a heavy breather today, only breathing out though so idk what was their deal maybe they talk inverted and all the words were the in part but it was weird and gross and lol trying to work without laughing

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fart simpson posted:

1080p? i wish lol

yeah, our office default is 11 year old 17" hp panels with dp to vga converters and blown out color ranges

they litter the corners of cabinet tops like a garbage nest and every sad person i see at work is inevitably staring at one of them while they browse some ebay auction and try to stay focused on their call

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

A Pinball Wizard posted:

:tipshat: but at the same time lol at paying my own money for work equipment

i give in and buy cheap stuff and either expense it our take it with me when i leave so theres two useless monitors at my old desk

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

conference call bingo report: heavy background, soft breath, heavy accent with bad signal. made that defect call fun this morning. i inferred all the feedback from other people responding to them :shepface:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh its a daily :shepicide:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Silver Alicorn posted:

my org is dropping skype for zoom... should I be worried

well good luck with zoom week where everyone has to wear jnco jeans every day

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sniep posted:

godspeed but im getting p good at copy/pasting calendar links into safari at this point

(please fix this)

lol goon projects

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

why dont you tell them to wine about it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol nah s4b is hot garbage and it barely runs on windows

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

every time you post i think its me on awful.app and im like 'wow i guess that was good advice'

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

AtomD posted:

although if you've invested in on-prem sfb you've hosed yourself already

lol we are fully lubed :shepicide:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

[quote="“cheque_some”" post="“476634547”"]
one guy at my office that runs a weekly meeting will always have the webex window up on the screen shrunken to like 25% of the screen area so we can barely see everyone else on the call. the screen is 25% video of the other people on the call, and 75% windows desktop background.

idk why
[/quote]

today our spreadsheet screeshare was like 80% size and i was distracted the whole time trying to figure out of the actresses had a small screen or if it was smaller for a reason

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

[quote="“~Coxy”" post="“476643156”"]
Today CIsco Jabber has silently installed an extension into my chome.
[/quote]

the subtle knife strikes best -paul muaddib

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Mad Wack posted:

haha you idiot dont do a good job on it they will just keep using you

please exercise learned helplessness until they give the project to someone else

ah, i see youve heard of my powerpoint skills

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

speaking of PMs, mine is set on meeting for everything and they actively discourage email chains to resolve issues. their meetings frequently run over by 30 minutes and they use only offline docs for planning. we have bug reporting tools but they insist on sharepoint because ??? which makes every call run over because of course their system is slow

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

JewKiller 3000 posted:

a good PM is great to have but they're few and far between, all but the most masochistic people end up switching to other roles

one awesome PM I worked with kept dept hopping and I wish I could have followed her because I never saw someone crack heads and get things on track so well

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

we use a pile of ancient but reliable cisco phones, some tp ones nobody uses the camera on, and a mix of jabber and proper tps

i honestly couldnt care less because i use my cell to dial in and use a not lovely headset and walk away from my desk when the call is boring (always) and stretch my legs

oh but we use skype4biz so our screenshares are wet diarrhea on a soft tortilla

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i never thought id say this but adobe connect is so good by comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Iridium posted:

call into meeting
loudly interrupt to shout your own name
stay off mute while you rearrange literally everything in your office to be within 6 centimeters of your speakerphone

*frantically types new friday morning meeting gauntlet techniques*

im on call 3 hour 3 of my morning calls and i have a lunch meeting after this :shepicide:

• Locked thread