Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Millstone posted:

I have used the koala in so many presentations to great success

big fan of mr. scruff for audio testing here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
i'm the outlook meeting notification for a meeting three years ago that only appears in the webmail

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
oh you can try dismissing or cancelling me, but if for some reason you get on the outlook web interface again, i'll be there. better show up. you're now 3 years 1 day overdue.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Space Whale posted:

Bike shedding if we show units, that is, currency, at a POS (hehh) where you can pay in usd but get cad back, and if you show units when setting pricing.

Yes you do. Next?

sometimes when checking for pricing on a touchscreen outside of one of our vendors, Ill google it and get info from POSWORLD.COM which always makes me smile

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
my company seems to be trying to use basecamp to do some organizational stuff

i hate it

my father in law is using Slack for organizing development of content for an app that my wife is helping with. I looked at it briefly and it's 1000x better but unfortunately no person in my company would understand how to use it. Like, as a person who codes some, it makes total sense. but these poor PMs and the construction leads would NEVER get the hang of it, so i'm just keeping my mouth shut.

plus there is that tendency at our company to do over-drive on organizational concepts so then you are doing 3 times the work documenting a simple thing in a completely unnecessary way.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
idk, most of the time in our case it's literally better to get people in a room together to go over physical paper. Sad, unfortunate truth is that a man who works with wood his whole life and struggles with setting up his smartphone is going to view having to use a PC to communicate as an obstacle rather than a tool.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
we outsourced our IT to a contractor this last year.

it's been bad.

one of our PMs was talking to the network admin of one of our local clients and his response was

"oh CJ Associates? yeah... they're one of the two worst in town"

when my coworker told one of our old IT guys, he just laughed.

so, this may explain why i'm never told there is a new VPN method (even though it's essential to what I do when I'm on the road), and why the new VPN download they provide is a broken link, and why when it doesn't work, and the guy is remoting into the computer, where the directions are open on the desktop, with the server info displayed, he is somehow typing the wrong info into the boxes and we're having to go "hey dude you forgot the i on the domain."

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

I had a friend just recently contact me cuz apparently deloitte had a budget issue laid off a bunch of contractors locally, so friend-of-friend was looking for work. i'd never heard of them until yesterday.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
ours still is dial out on 9 and it seems live a v. bad idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
my boss has been slowly buying those extra-wide monitors for our department with spare job money. we all have one now I think. they seem goofy at first but they're really nice for viewing cad drawings and stuff, and they give a lot of workspace for only having 2 monitors.

• Locked thread