Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qntm
Jun 17, 2009
hold on while I install this plugin

[five minutes pass]

oh I guess it doesn't work in this browser, let me try firefox

[five minutes pass]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Iridium posted:

this is my boss, more or less daily

also someone joined the conference call 5 minutes late, boss asks to restart demo to make sure everyone is up to speed.

then that person also has webex problems.

at least one person in my department intentionally turns up for conference calls 5 minutes late, knowing for a fact that the demo will not have started yet and they will have missed nothing, thanks to everything else in this thread

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
"Your meeting will start momentarily! Please continue to hold"

says automated voice which has no idea at all whether a meeting is about to begin

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

carry on then posted:

think we use that same teleconf provider cause that message is too dumb to actually be common

...right?

AT&T I think

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Roosevelt posted:

instead we watched a black screen while they described what the slides looked like

I guess we don't have a pièce de résistance emoticon

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Clockwerk posted:

I'm the person that repeatedly interrupts everyone mid discussion to loudly ask, "who just joined?"

the Cisco join and drop beeps are both my muse and my master

I like that the Cisco join beep and the drop beep sound almost exactly the same

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
good title choice everybody, knew I could count on you

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
having lots of meetings does not make you important

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

maniacdevnull posted:

I'm the: cancellation notice that was sent seconds after you walked away from your pc

I'm the cancellation notice which was sent maybe a full hour before the meeting but somehow doesn't disable the automatic 30-minute warning notification

And the cancellation notice which was sent 15 minutes before the meeting but doesn't trigger a "this meeting has been cancelled" notification

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
they stopped using "Lotus" when they realised that just mentioning that word in sales meetings was killing sales

• Locked thread