Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this is a really fun rp thread, i enjoy the excellent writing

makes you really feel how awful it would be to have a job where you have to go to online meetings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vodkat posted:

Is there ever really a reason why you need an online meeting and you couldn't just send and email or was so important you couldn't just send the person there?

engagement

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's kind of weird to read all these stories that boil down to "the work i do is so unimportant that i can be incommunicado for days on end and it makes no difference to anyone"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i suppose the tradeoff of not being forced into mind-numbing teleconferences or being terrified of the phone is i occasionally have to suffer the indignity of talking to my coworkers in person and being productive

woe is me

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
meetings are the opposite of work so if you're in lots of meetings that means your business functions best when you're not attempting to do work and mess things up

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a work of art created by someone who knows how dumb and wasteful programming really is and is out to fleece others who haven't realized it yet

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bhodi posted:

4pm meeting on a friday, a month before I'm laid off, from the boss who relocated rather than getting laid off with the rest of us. gently caress offffffff

https://twitter.com/kairyssdal/status/852893300025470976

to get your npr name, take your d&d name and use that because they're basically the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FrozenVent posted:

K'THOR the barbarian, NPR News, Neverwinter

see? works perfectly

• Locked thread