Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

maniacdevnull posted:

speakerphone + accent = productive use of everyone's time!

If I were ever cursed by ending up a VoIP admin literally the first thing I would do would be removing speakerphone from anyone under door-level.

And I shall be called Saint RedSquare of the Cube Farm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

DrPossum posted:

I don't know how i missed this but thank you

This site/app makes a really good white noise machine to fall asleep to.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Monday clusterfucks, best clusterfucks.

:munch:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Thanks Ants posted:

people in cubicles should be issued headsets and have the speakerphone features disabled.

loving this. If you aren't important enough to have your own door you don't rate for speakerphone either.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
People who speakerphone in a bullpen should be loving flayed.

I don't even dislike the guy, particularly. But get some goddamn headphones.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The "gently caress you" implied by a coworker (and my director in from out of town) taking a conference call on speakerphone in our bullpen never ceases to impress me.

And they've started inviting the guy (a third shifter I take over for in the morning) to a daily huddle on a roll-out! :iamafag:

:yotj: soon I loving hope...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
People discussing whether or not they can hear each-other is, by far, my favorite thing to listen to. Especially when it's in a bullpen, especially especially over speakerphone.

:smithicide:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 20, 2017

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Progressive JPEG posted:

To check that the room can hear me I just unmute and fake a light cough while watching the sound indicator

I usually do a quiet "ahem" thing right after I join, right before I mute.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i like to swig carbonated water right from the bottle and belch loudly when i get on a call

Same, but descriptive narration of testicular self-exam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Thanks Ants posted:

i dropped out after about six minutes of the host asking people to mute themselves

How loving hard is it to set "Mute Entry/Exit Sounds" and "Mute On Entry"?

WebEx call hosting is a serious responsibility. Step the gently caress up.

:cmon:

• Locked thread