Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
http://conferencecall.biz/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
everyone just use these https://www.google.com/work/chrome/devices/for-meetings/

lol if you conference at 8khz just lol

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i haven't done a conference call that didn't include video in like 7 years it's p great

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i'm up on support rotation this week so i get a bug for every failed call anywhere in the entire company. nothing quoteworthy for the thread yet tho.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

maniacdevnull posted:

Companies that do not offer free caffeine do not deserve anyone itf as employees

i found out what the total spend on just beans for one calendar year was for my work office which at the time had 850-1000 people in it. take a guess.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it was $300k on the dot. Raising the productivity of basically the entire office for the cost of one employee. Not a bad deal imo.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Well now you can try something new:

Amazon Chime is a communications service that transforms online meetings with a secure, easy-to-use application that you can trust. Amazon Chime works seamlessly across your devices so that you can stay connected. You can use Amazon Chime for online meetings, video conferencing, calls, chat, and to share content, both inside and outside your organization. Amazon Chime frees you to work productively from anywhere.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
g711 ought to be enough for anyone!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Sniep posted:

hangouts are fine imho

except gently caress google for breaking firefox and making a big whinefest about it (trying to get people to go to chrome i guess?) instead of just making it work

lol fixing that is my project. it'll be out soon©.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Raluek posted:

are you the reason why contacts in browser hangouts arent the same as google contacts

no as i said i'm working on bringing ff support back. also safari support was dropped in meet because we are going with a pure webrtc solution and apple doesn't give a poo poo about supporting web standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Thanks Ants posted:

hangouts meet is good but it's annoying how integrating things like dial-in into it requires enterprise plans that google won't sell to smaller organisations, or subscribing to a third party service that is poo poo. it's one of the few g suite things that doesn't have apis that anyone can use.

yo i fixed this for u should be buyable by the end of the month

• Locked thread