Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it almost sounds like using teamspeak would be more foolproof than most of these "business" products

wasnt it once named teamstream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

when i do go to the office the real tragedy of the commons isn't the full cans of la croix, it's the limited recycle bucket space for empties and nobody crushes cans or knows where to empty the thing

*loudly stomps on can in the middle of the office, partially-crushed can flies onto someone's desk*

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i liked the figgie threads

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

May all your calls be filled with the screams of many children

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

ScrumPLOP

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

kpmg deloitte ey pwc

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

"Darmok and Jalad in WebEx. Temba, his microphone unmuted."

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Miss-Bomarc posted:

SO AS I WAS SAYING BEFORE WE MOVED ON TO THE OTHER TOPIC I think that the changes we need to make have (mumble) been to the (mumble mumble) finish the group (mumble mumble)...(mumble)...(mmbl)...(breath) AND I THINK THAT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THAT IN THE NEXT couple of days to the required level of (mumble) for the (mumble mumble)...(mumble)...(breath) OKAY?

they need to fix their audio, get pagancow on the case

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

my first job was at Avid when they owned M-Audio so I got a really nice condenser microphone w/ employee discount and now everyone on the call gets to hear my mouth noises

mixer boards are also great and I recommend getting one if you frequently WFH, I can mute myself with a physical button, hear myself in the headphones, and/or just play music into my headphones that noone on the call can hear (unless i screw up the mixing whoops)

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Mad Wack posted:

out of curiosity, do you have a mixer board rec?

i have an A&H zed 14. wanted a lot of stereo inputs because i occasionally screw around with a synth and a drum machine. the full size faders are p great also

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

graph posted:

today involved someone snorting boogers twice without muting

graph please mute next time

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

the number having doesnt have to be reciprocal

until you contact them with it i guess

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Mad Wack posted:

also i just got invited to a bluejeans adoption call where a comms person in 10fps 720p video with a 15 sec audio delay lectured me and my team on why we arent driving adoption

is this some 'company initiative' or something lol

working somewhere with more people than work to do can indeed be annoying

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

we just use hangouts for videochat and slack for textchat

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

carry on then posted:

instead of "can everyone go on mute" we get "i'm going to go ahead and put everyone on mute due to background noise" 15 minutes into every call. from a guy who hosts this call every week.

just start out muted, christ.

But maybe at the start of the meeting someone else will have something important to sayahahahha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

To check that the room can hear me I just unmute and fake a light cough while watching the sound indicator

• Locked thread