Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

ok we're going to get started here hi everyone how-*boopBEEP* Hi who joined? Hi John we were just getting started. Ok as i was sa-*boopBEEP* Hi who joined? Hello? Who j-oh hi Bob how's it going no it's ok we were just starting. First topi-*boopBEEP* Hi who join-*boopBEEPboopBEEP*-ed? Fred...Jane. Hi. Someone else? Did someone else join? Ok anyway let's just st-*boopBEEP*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

jammyozzy posted:

"Click here to start meeting"

*Click*

"If you are the host, please login to start:"

*Login*

*Redirect*

"Click here to start meeting"

Repeat ad infinitum

*browser spews out a hot, steaming load of java, flash, and activex in your face*

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

everyone just use these https://www.google.com/work/chrome/devices/for-meetings/

lol if you conference at 8khz just lol

i was completely unaware that this was even a thing google had

i'm giving it another year before google completely squanders everything good they've done with chromeos

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

*deafening roar of wind and traffic from someone taking the call in a convertible or at a highway rest stop*

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

bump because

.lnk to the past posted:

*someone hits hold*
*muzak plays*
"DAMMIT NOT AGAIN"

i dont know what this meeting is about anymore

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

yall get ready, the quarterly yospos conference call is coming up.

i'll have a bridge running off my asterisk box we can dial into, and there may be a webex

the webex will just be goatse, right?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

this call isn't really a clusterfuck but I'm falling asleep uuuuggggghhhh

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i survived the call but it ended up being a clusterfuck in terms of not getting a goddamn thing done and running out of time because lol why prepare for anything ever?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

whenever i hold a conference call that poo poo is tight. (i'm part of a trianing suborg and we're always trying to whip others into shape and it doesn't work, it never works ebcause we can't fire or discipline people)

yeah this call has rotating hosts and a couple manage to actually keep a schedule and keep things in the call moving, the rest are completely loving useless. "ok first on the agenda is this thing...any questions?" *allows call to descend into utter chaos, doesnt speak again until the very end of the call* "ok we'll cover the rest of the items next week"

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

mishaq posted:

my DECT headset at work has really nice range so sometimes i take shits while on calls and get paranoid about whether or not mute is actually on

living on the edge

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

HOLY loving poo poo OUR HOLD MUSIC CHANGED!! :aaaaa:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Dislike button posted:

counterpoint: i would no longer be regarded as a computer god by my coworkers for things like 'uses keyboard shortcuts in excel'

our last training included things like how you shouldnt shut down your computer by holding down the power button

i encountered someone at work who does this. every single day, work is over he holds down the power button to turn off his computer. blew my mind. had to explain that this was a bad thing, and to use start > shutdown.

Bloody posted:

I blew the mind of a young engineering colleague recently by alt tabbing.

:stare:

man i dunno why i'm even surprised. computers are loving terrible really, we're just a bunch of nerds.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Mad Wack posted:

at my job every conference room is owned by a department and assigned to the admin of that apt - this leads to you booking a room and getting a decline plus form email from the admin. there is no structure across the company for how these rooms are booked and each admin comes up with their own process so depending on what room you try to get you may just have a short im convo or you may be logging into lotus notes to submit a form to a database or even doing a transaction or two in sap. its really cool and good because every dept has way less rooms then they need so you get tribal warfare over rooms and hidden conference rooms.

my mind was blown when i went into finance and was introduced to the "cave" a conf room that looks like a group of cubes but the walls have been removed from the inside so people can meet. then after befriending the us controller i learned that the cave had a hidden cave that was actually a full conference room marked as a mother's room hidden in the back of the cave. also another group successfully lobbied to move the company convenience store to the cafeteria so they could turn it into a meeting room but they kept the keys with their admin so nobody could steal it. my dept (it, what a shocker) consolidated our data center and ops room into one room so the old noc became a hidden conference room that you need retina scanner access to get to and its forbidden to bring anyone outside the dept to it

so yeah people get weird about conference rooms and meeting titles

oh forgot one other thing, all our official conf rooms have those little touchscreens where you can book the room but one day global changed the corp directory backend without consulting the vendor so now for four months they just say "error: unreachable host" and flash between red and green

i don't really pay too much attention to any of this as i am currently consumed in the coffee room wars

how the hell does this thread keep delivering like this holy poo poo

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

sleepwalkers posted:

my company is moving to loving lotus notes and sametime please someone push me off of a tall building. s4b will be but a distant dream. time to die.

that's pretty hosed up

sametime is actually good though. we're finally switching off notes/sametime and holy loving jesus does s4b suck. why is there so much white space. why are chat logs so convoluted and weird. why can't i paste an image inline. eurgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

this thread keeps on delivering, lmfao

• Locked thread