Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

literally 12+ hours of conference call meetings this week, the first 3 hours was to agree to send an email for comments on the feedback from the meeting in order to discuss it in the next meeting

i told them to gently caress off for the rest of them and that i'd only turn up if our pm came to me in person and told me it was necessary. he had to go to all of them and was not happy about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

i had a classic one last week, it had:

* 5 minutes of people being unable to be on the call and the webex at the same time and just dialling off one then onto the other

* "hello? jo? hello? are you on mute? hello? i can see you on the webex? hello?"

* indian guy talking at 5000 words per minute so nobody new what the gently caress

* this was the best, somehow in an attempt to conference someone in the host dialled into someones voicemail so then they recorded the entire meeting and then got a "warning, this message is too long, please hang up, please hang up..." on repeat blasted out at everyone and probably hosed that persons voicemail up completely (good because voicemail is worthless)

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

mishaq posted:

we've had people put the conference bridge on hold instead of mute from europe so it starts blasting "please wait, your call is important to us" or whatever the gently caress in german

this has happened multiple times

oh yeah, I've had that as well but in....japanese i think?

we should go back to operators with plug boards, far more reliable than whatever poo poo cisco produces

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Arcsech posted:

in a multi-site conference call/presentation right now, the call is hooked up to the room speakers and is absurdly loud

every 3-5 minutes there's this really loud noise over the speakers like somebody is playing sound effects of people getting punched and/or breaking glass. i wonder if one of our remote workers is getting murdered

someone once dialled into one i was on from home as it was late evening there and half way through the call forgot to mute themself so we got a massive blast of what i think was either lock stock and two smoking barrels or snatch because there was a sudden 'YOU STUPID BASTARD, FACK ORRRRRRFFFFFF *gunshots*' from their tv.

the next week there was a toilet flush half way through the call and someone in new york went "WHO WAS THAT?" and us in europe all looked at each and went "errr, we're all in the same room so....."

the other one we used to get a lot was people dialling in from the street in mumbai and it would just be non stop horns blasting everyones eardrums apart.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

lmao someone just used the 'call me' function on a webex and didn't pick up so they basically just dialed their voice mail into the call and its spewing 'message is too long' at everyone

• Locked thread