Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
our videoconferencing software just up and crashes if I try to join a room with my USB headset plugged in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Arcsech posted:

is skype4b really so lovely it can't candles multiple clients connected simultaneously in tyool 2016

I mean, I know the answer to that question but seriously what the gently caress

And the really sad part is that we switched from skype4b to jabber and jabber is a thousand times worse in every way

s4b doesnt do offline messaging or even chat history, whats the loving point of using it if I have to send a loving email or check outlook half the time

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

minivanmegafun posted:

it's me, the person playing with their cat on camera and not paying attention to this meeting

your fault for expecting me to have my camera on

I did this yesterday and one of my coworkers messaged me on slack and demand I pet my cat more during the meeting

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Amazon probably uses all their compute resources to optimize billing. it looks so reasonable until you do some math

i ran into this trap when i first estimated pricing it seemed way cheaper, then as we brought non-prod envs online we started catching poo poo we missed and welp turns out we didnt save much, but the nice thing is that you're finally off some lovely ancient private cloud running ESXi/vCenter 5.0 and you can actually work towards true elasticity

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

PCjr sidecar posted:

necroing this post from november, re: threaded slack

hahaha god dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

qirex posted:

zoom is so bad for screen sharing and the application UI is awful much like my posting

we switched to zoom and although what you say is correct it was way better than the last videoconferencing app we used (vidyo). It would crash whenever my USB headset was plugged in. reproducible on other peoples laptops

• Locked thread