Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

our voip system has built in conferencing and its pretty awesome and painless, you literally dial a phone number if youre not in the company and then a 3 digit code, if youre internal you just dial 7 and the three digit code

screen sharing is built in but kinda meh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

can't wait

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

i literally work for an av consulting company and we spec installs like that all the time

i can tell you two things:

1) it cost way more than 14k
2) its a huge piece of poo poo

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

someone on a call must have had two phones dialed into the conference in the same room because we just got pretty hilarious echo/feedback/loudening as one phone picked up the "you have joined the call" and broadcast it then the second phone picked that up and broadcast it etc etc

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Shaggar posted:

if both sides are on skype 4 b it should work pretty well, but if you aren't all on skype 4 b then its anybody's guess what happens

Microsoft branding lmao

Onedrive is onedrive

Onedrive for business is actually sharepoint and might be the single worst piece of software ever written By humans

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lmao i dont understand how polycom is a thing

its a webcam, with a microphone, and it connects to a tv

$20,000 USD

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

literally everything microsoft tries to ape ends up being poo poo garbage, and its almost always because they have some other company/infrastructure that they bought and they feel like they HAVE to use it

we were evaluating office 365 and thought, "hey, maybe one drive for business would make a good alternative to box"

lmao

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

nude zane

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

mishaq posted:

if microsoft can make teams not terrible and include it with O365 subscriptions slack is dead in the enterprise space

no one is gonna drop five figgies a month on slack when a good enough alternative comes with what they're already paying for

Yeah this is why nobody uses Box since Microsoft added onedrive for business to o365

Lol

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Is onedrive for business the worst product that Microsoft has ever released? Sources say yes

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

quick someone has made an excellent service that businesses are signing up for en masse

throw something together really quickly and be sure to base it off of sharepoint

Microsoft

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

because they have sales teams to convince you it's good and once you've made the investment to move over it's a pain to switch no matter how terrible

see: avaya

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

maniacdevnull posted:

Col. Panic is Gen. Protection Fault's right hand man

Heh

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

you also can't have groups on onedrive for business

like I can't create a folder and set it up to be shared to 3-4 people. it's hilariously bad

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

if you're already paying for office + software assurance perpetually then yeah its cheaper

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

our dr plan is basically "if the data center goes away it's the nuclear holocaust so who cares"

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

minivanmegafun posted:

ew no, lacroix is gross stuff

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

we have veeam copy our nightly backups over to a 2 disk NAS sitting on a shelf (10gb fiber link between dc and office)

of course since we are literally on the river any kind of disaster will result in the office flooding well before the DC

we also have a failover vpn concentrator and SBC/voip system here in the office, for some as yet unimagined scenario where the datacenter is offline but the catastrophe that caused it didnt effect us 4 miles away

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

dont get me wrong, its nice to be able to say "hey i asked for money to do these things and they actually said yes" but lol

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

veeam is the only piece of enterprise software i have ever used with both:

1) an installation procedure that literally consists of "double click exe, hit next a few times, it works"
2) a user interface that seems to have been designed by someone who actually knows how to design UI/UX

they should really start charging 4-5 times what they do now

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

also they only make you license based off of what host you want to back up. like if you have a 3 host cluster w/ 2 sockets each but only one host actually runs VMs that need to be backed up you only have to license two sockets

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

the entire company must smoke tons of weed because idk how else the could be so chill

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

holy poo poo our official, regulatory compliance approved sop still says and I loving quote "facsimile is to be the preferred method of communication, where cost is not prohibitive"

are you loving kidding me

like the whole thing doesn't even mention email wtf

of course it does. they're exempt from tons of laws and faxed signed documents count as originals

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lol we have these, they drop out when if there's a wireless keyboard/mouse too close (assuming if they connect at all which is a crapshoot)

oh and they also require you use a microsoft surface and LOL

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

i can't believe microsoft released a trackpad this bad on the surface type cover, if apple would have released this trackpad stebe would come back from the dead and remove their heart temple of doom style

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

you see, apple isn't actually good, they just control the hardware and software

*microsoft releases their own hardware running their own os*

oh yeah if it goes to sleep ever its going to require a hard reboot

oh and yeah we released a patch that makes the battery not charge

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Agile Vector posted:

i imagine this mummy style and he takes tim cooks tongue and eyes c/d?

also good

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

quote:

This means that if a site is not *.webex.com or *.webex.com.cn, then the user must click OK for code execution to happen.

I think we will consider this issue fixed now.

man good thing users never click OK without reading the message or understanding what it does

way to drop the ball tavis

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

please dont reproduce images of my posting station without attribution

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

we started using teamwork and if you want ad integration you have to get "enterprise" which is like 10x as expensive lmao

oh and our voip system literally does not do ad integration, at all.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

never ever buy anything made by avaya.

that is all

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

the answer is incompetence

like im not even on the IT side of things but im prob gonna write up a proposal and do a fuckload of research and try and get us moved over to freepbx or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

thats what we did 3 years ago and they pushed avaya on us (i was not employed here at the time)

• Locked thread