Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Larry Parrish posted:

My fitted suit is the most comfortable thing I own

my seersucker suit is more comfy than pajamas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

maniacdevnull posted:

I had a new headshot at work a few days ago and going into it i didn't want to wear a suit the entire day, but after a while i realized it was super comfy to wear all day

yeah, they are. ties are the only lovely part but you could easily do without (and most usually forgo now anyways). slacks are basically like lounging around in pajamas for me. it actually kind of throws me off since i usually wear jeans (also because if i get called to a construction site, im not going in slacks).

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

yeah, they are. ties are the only lovely part but you could easily do without (and most usually forgo now anyways). slacks are basically like lounging around in pajamas for me. it actually kind of throws me off since i usually wear jeans (also because if i get called to a construction site, im not going in slacks).

i typically wear a pair of redwing boots to work in case i get called into the field since they're nice enough for the office or a meeting and are durable enough for a site visit

tho i'll wear slacks to sites unless it's gonna be an all day thing or i'll be around hot asphalt or smth since khakis are p durable

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

DaTroof posted:

this made me chuckle and for the first time ever i feel like i'm laughing WITH shadowhawk

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

maniacdevnull posted:

In your case it is really accurate tho

I wouldn't go that far, friend

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that 16 - 36 range is just lazy demographics, they did the same for gen X and baby boomers. the real lol is how often people forgot 'older millennials' are a thing and they spout dumb opinions right next to one. i legit heard a room full of olds talk about a terrible idea millennials would love and to a man not one of them asked anyone under 36 if it was vaguely interesting

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

we have a strict no nerds or fat chicks policy

good username/post combo right here

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
yeah millennial is <35, <25, or teenagers depending on who youre talking to lol

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Millennials is "everyone born more than one second after me"

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
late 20's and older people don't generally have the characteristics we talk / laugh about when we say millennials. so while they may technically be in that group, nobody actually cares about them.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

idk. im late 20s and i have no buying power.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you should get some. its nice 2 have.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shaggar posted:

you should get some. its nice 2 have.

if you want some buying power
GET IT
if you need a raise
just ask

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if they don't give you a raise at ur current job, just go get another job that pays more.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Shaggar posted:

if they don't give you a raise at ur current job, just go get http://github.com/anotherjob/paysmore/

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shaggar posted:

if they don't give you a raise at ur current job, just go get another job that pays more.

can't argue with that

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Agile Vector posted:

if you want some buying power
GET IT
if you need a raise
just ask

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The Management posted:

late 20's and older people don't generally have the characteristics we talk / laugh about when we say millennials. so while they may technically be in that group, nobody actually cares about them.

teens are the next generation, not millennials

this will prolly be amended to include children who are 20ish due to their dumbassery

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

that 16 - 36 range is just lazy demographics, they did the same for gen X and baby boomers. the real lol is how often people forgot 'older millennials' are a thing and they spout dumb opinions right next to one. i legit heard a room full of olds talk about a terrible idea millennials would love and to a man not one of them asked anyone under 36 if it was vaguely interesting

i've had to play the "hey, i'm technically a millennial, don't loving do that" card a few times. it sucks.

we have a company social network (ikr) and somebody posted a thing where some guy made his resume look like an amazon product page. for some reason this was attributed to millennials and then people started making GBS threads on millennials because of deep-rooted anxieties about being replaced by youth and technology brain problems

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

duTrieux. posted:

i've had to play the "hey, i'm technically a millennial, don't loving do that" card a few times. it sucks.

we have a company social network (ikr) and somebody posted a thing where some guy made his resume look like an amazon product page. for some reason this was attributed to millennials and then people started making GBS threads on millennials because of deep-rooted anxieties about being replaced by youth and technology brain problems

an older coworker excitedly showed a group of us 'millennials' a video that was a bunch of *wink wink* *nod nod* millennial stereotypes set to music and it was the most :cripes: thing

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

duTrieux. posted:

the worst is people at work talking poo poo about their kids and blaming it on them being millenials. you raised these kids it ain't there fault!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Trashman posted:

the worst is people at work talking poo poo about their kids and blaming it on them being millenials. you raised these kids it ain't there fault!

Talk about self centered kids? Not like we made all those Worlds Greatest Dad mugs on our own

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

"Why did you get a participation trophy???" *pays invoice to trophy maker*

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

They didn't even keep score in little league?! *weeping lady liberty embracing kellyesque man with caption 'nation's score card printers'*

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

maniacdevnull posted:

They didn't even keep score in little league?! *weeping lady liberty embracing kellyesque man with caption 'nation's score card printers'*

:eyepop:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i typically wear a pair of redwing boots to work in case i get called into the field since they're nice enough for the office or a meeting and are durable enough for a site visit

tho i'll wear slacks to sites unless it's gonna be an all day thing or i'll be around hot asphalt or smth since khakis are p durable

boots? not steel toe oxfords? someone isn't ready for the executive suite :smug:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

a higher up at an oil company we work with wears loving steel toe wingtips with a suit

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
steel toe is too heavy if you're gonna be doin a lotta walkin

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the composite ones aren't bad

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hobbesmaster posted:

a higher up at an oil company we work with wears loving steel toe wingtips with a suit

hobbesmaster posted:

the composite ones aren't bad

please dont share my fallout 4 armor piece choices

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

BiohazrD posted:

Yeah we totally had a dude who interviewed extremely well and could not accomplish a single thing, would constantly ask others for help for the most basic programming tasks. He had no interpersonal skills and was just in general a terrible person to work with

I'll let you guess where he was from

Pittsburgh

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BiohazrD posted:

Yeah we totally had a dude who interviewed extremely well and could not accomplish a single thing, would constantly ask others for help for the most basic programming tasks. He had no interpersonal skills and was just in general a terrible person to work with

ur mom

because

its u

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

BiohazrD posted:

i work with this dude now except its not programming

new boss hates him almost as much as i do though so looking like he might get fired soon :mmmsmug:

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

we have someone just like that except for the asking for help part. took a month of feedback to get them to stop checking new poo poo code into tags.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

hire me

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
what are you good at?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Management posted:

what are you good at?

waste management :smug:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

computers and computer-related systems

done a lotta embedded stuff, soft real time stuff, and ML stuff

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

the civilized world calls this a beer garden

theres a really good one in downtown SA that used to be only for members of a german men's choir or something

good german food in TX because all of the original european immigrants to the region were german back when it was the spanish/mexican frontier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Tatsujin posted:

theres a really good one in downtown SA that used to be only for members of a german men's choir or something

good german food in TX because all of the original european immigrants to the region were german back when it was the spanish/mexican frontier

Mannerchor!

We have one about 5 minutes from our place in Pittsburgh. There's a whole German area on the north side. I need to find a way to become a member

• Locked thread