Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Well they have small ones

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

Scathach posted:

it's beautiful

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
My favorite tables are Cyclone, one of the Mario ones, and I recently played some whitewater rafting one that owned

weed cat

I hope I'm not the only one that played this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFu0KXkZGJE

weed cat fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 18, 2016

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Scathach posted:

Oooooo.....

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

tao of lmao

My favorite pin of all time has to be Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball. Could play for an hour on a single credit. Super easy and fun.

FluffieDuckie

Scathach posted:

do want

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pinball? pinball is good. something about the way that the game depends on the interaction of tangible, physical items that scratches an itch deep within my psyche.

that by seeing it, it makes the idea that the game is entirely dependant on your skill. by pulling the plunger back just right, by waiting maybe a fraction of a second before hitting the flipper, it can spell the difference between draining the ball or getting it all the way up the ramp.

and i had a flash of something that would have been an interesting point, but like so many things, it has vanished into the aether. :(

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe one of these days, when I have the room for my very own wood shop, is like to try and build my own table.

----------------

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

many an afternoon of not having internet was spent playing this

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

alnilam

Chill la Chill posted:

many an afternoon of not having internet was spent playing this

ty manifisto

weed cat

Only reason I regret going from Windows XP to 7

MrWillsauce

hey guys. spider solitaire

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

garbage owl posted:

I hope I'm not the only one that played this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFu0KXkZGJE

i love d that game

thanks Manifisto!

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
i got the star trek table for that steam pinball arcade game. its fun and i like star trek

thanks Manifisto!

MrWillsauce

is ds9 your favorite or is tng your favorite ds9 is my favorite I think

Scaly Haylie

any of you guys remember pinball quest?

Scaly Haylie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nndbb6HVSlQ&t=44s

holy poo poo

Zeluth

by Fluffdaddy
Who wants a corn dog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNlg74HNpNE

----------------

tao of lmao

There's a real nice Wold Cup Soccer pin down the strip here, but it reset twice on me when I was kicking rear end. Real mad rn.

Also bad cats and pool shark pins as well. So cool.

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

tao of lmao posted:

There's a real nice Wold Cup Soccer pin down the strip here, but it reset twice on me when I was kicking rear end. Real mad rn.

Also bad cats and pool shark pins as well. So cool.

That's called a game over.

alnilam

brutal

tao of lmao

Tiberius Thyben posted:

That's called a game over.

GO'd for kicking too much rear end.

tao of lmao

World cup soccer is great fun though. If you see it out in the wild give it a few plays.

worthless insect

I have been playing a Metallica pinball table at a local record store. When I am up to going outside I will sometimes go to the record store. They give me free games because I would just stand around and listen to whatever record was playing. I think I creep them out and they just want to give me something to do. It's pretty fun but I am still trying to get a hang of hitting the side of the table and stuff to save the ball etc.

bad boy

symbolic

worthless insect posted:

I have been playing a Metallica pinball table at a local record store. When I am up to going outside I will sometimes go to the record store. They give me free games because I would just stand around and listen to whatever record was playing. I think I creep them out and they just want to give me something to do. It's pretty fun but I am still trying to get a hang of hitting the side of the table and stuff to save the ball etc.
for whom the ball tolls

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

worthless insect posted:

dont hit it too hard or theyll have to call a Fixxxer

Lawrence Gilchrist

I suspect Dorky's in Tacoma has several tables

Isn't space cadet hidden in excel or something now

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I would do whore-ibly shameless, and i mean shameless things for an Elvira and the Party Monsters pinball machine.
Willing to tip my depravity scale pretty hard for one.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

worthless insect

DraconicImpulse posted:

dont hit it too hard or theyll have to call a Fixxxer

I don't. The employee was actually the person to tell me I need to bump the side a bit to save balls. He said if it says tilt then I am doing it too hard.

bad boy

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

I always got confused because the pinball sometimes says tilt so I tilt it and then it stops.

tao of lmao

worthless insect posted:

I don't. The employee was actually the person to tell me I need to bump the side a bit to save balls. He said if it says tilt then I am doing it too hard.

pro play involves shaking the table and learning just how much give they have. They're all different.

tao of lmao

learning how to catch and shake and deadflip at 50 cents a pop adds up quickly

worthless insect

tao of lmao posted:

Pinball machines often cost 1 dollar to 2 dollars Canadian where I live. I will never be able to practice other than free games at the record store when I feel like going :(

bad boy

tao of lmao

The two "new" machines I saw this week, Star Trek and Ghostbusters, both cost a dollar per. Too rich for my blood, but beautiful machines. Color-changing LED's changed the game.

alnilam

tao of lmao posted:

What do these things mean pls

tao of lmao

A catch is like....think of a stall playing hacky-sack. You drop the ball onto the flipper at the same time you lower it, killing its momentum. Catch is probably not the official term it's just what I use.

A shake is exactly that. Shaking the machine to nudge the ball out of the drains without tilting.

A deadflip is when the ball is coming for a flipper and you don't press the button. With enough ball-speed, it'll bounce over to the other flipper, where you can then trap it or shoot. You do this when you need to hit specific things like ramps to trigger multipliers or jackpots or whatever.

worthless insect

tao of lmao posted:

A catch is like....think of a stall playing hacky-sack. You drop the ball onto the flipper at the same time you lower it, killing its momentum. Catch is probably not the official term it's just what I use.

A shake is exactly that. Shaking the machine to nudge the ball out of the drains without tilting.

A deadflip is when the ball is coming for a flipper and you don't press the button. With enough ball-speed, it'll bounce over to the other flipper, where you can then trap it or shoot. You do this when you need to hit specific things like ramps to trigger multipliers or jackpots or whatever.

Nice, I'm going to use this hot lingo next game I play.

bad boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

cool

• Locked thread