Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Brass Hand posted:

The slow motion “crack” when hitting a home run in Yakuza batting centres.

The slow motion "crack" when doming street thugs with a baseball bat heat action in Yakuza

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Long jumping and temporarily entering orbit around a small planet in Galaxy.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Iridium quality fish.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

Iridium quality fish.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Mario Kart 64
- hitting someone by shooting a green shell backwards
- koopa beach shortcut
- any poomp

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Mario Kart 64
- hitting someone by shooting a green shell backwards
- koopa beach shortcut
- any poomp

timing a lightning bolt to hit just as your friend is about to hit the jump in wario stadium

Sorting Algorithms
Feb 7, 2021
https://twitter.com/evrybodydogfood/status/1373524758357143552

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Recycling items in Prey

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Locking an enemy into the edge of the screen and racking up some sick combos in Streets of Rage 4

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

monster hunter is one big goomba stomp

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
running up to hit a downed monster with the big gunlance blast is my favourite one.

throwing goons into the Sotenbori river in kiwami 2 is a goomba stomp too

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Fungah! posted:

Iridium quality fish.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

- defeating the 4 eyes boss in gargoyle's quest and the whole screen explodes and your gameboy too

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

lol

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/lnSDh2W.mp4

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i like it when you can talk to dogs and cats in games and they say "woof woof" or "meow"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Mikiri Counter, even more so when that leads to the deathblow

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

mycophobia posted:

i like it when you can talk to dogs and cats in games and they say "woof woof" or "meow"

Befriending a dog and having it dig up some treasure for you

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Magnificent Trio into Infernal Melody with a bead of resonance popping off mount damage.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Befriending a dog and having it dig up some treasure for you

idk if it's a goomba stomp but i really love the dogs in Ocarina of Time and especially Majora's Mask

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
they're good dogs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- Freezing enemies with the shotgun alt-Fire and then blasting them to smithereens with a single shot followup in Painkiller.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Laying a spike strip in front of a cop in NFS Hot Pursuit.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Parrying an EMMI.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dodging a knife guy perfectly in Arkham City and getting the special takedown. You can hold triangle and a direction to dodge safely. If instead you take the riskier option and time your dodges to each swing you get an automatic takedown in the final swing. Very satisfying to pull off especially on the “no counter indicator” challenges

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Dodging a knife guy perfectly in Arkham City and getting the special takedown. You can hold triangle and a direction to dodge safely. If instead you take the riskier option and time your dodges to each swing you get an automatic takedown in the final swing. Very satisfying to pull off especially on the “no counter indicator” challenges

hell yeah

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

It's a shame Arkham combat became the legal requirement for every third person action game to use for an entire console generation and got incredibly overused and boring as a result, because it was really fun in the actual Arkham games

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's a shame Arkham combat became the legal requirement for every third person action game to use for an entire console generation and got incredibly overused and boring as a result, because it was really fun in the actual Arkham games

I think a lot of other devs don't understand what made it good. Even though you're doing a lot of grappling and diving and stuff between combat sections, Arkham Batman controls really "heavy" as far as video game characters go and it makes sense and feels right that he's basically propelled around the arena by the sheer weight of his own punches. Taking the same system and adapting it to a more acrobatic moveset like in the new Spider-Man game makes it feel like you don't have proper control of your character and feels closer to something like doing homing spin jumps in a 3D sonic game 🤢

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

I think a lot of other devs don't understand what made it good. Even though you're doing a lot of grappling and diving and stuff between combat sections, Arkham Batman controls really "heavy" as far as video game characters go and it makes sense and feels right that he's basically propelled around the arena by the sheer weight of his own punches. Taking the same system and adapting it to a more acrobatic moveset like in the new Spider-Man game makes it feel like you don't have proper control of your character and feels closer to something like doing homing spin jumps in a 3D sonic game 🤢

yeah, it was cool because the stealth sections involved a lot of patience and planning and the actual combat was a heavy, slugging rhythm game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

spiderman devs looks at arkham and said "its silly youre mostly locked down to one place, what if you could run around during fights" and proceeded to make a giant mess of it

now we have the arkham origins devs looking at spiderman and going drat thats a good idea

https://i.imgur.com/eWyhmal.mp4

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

elf help book posted:

spiderman devs looks at arkham and said "its silly youre mostly locked down to one place, what if you could run around during fights" and proceeded to make a giant mess of it

now we have the arkham origins devs looking at spiderman and going drat thats a good idea

https://i.imgur.com/eWyhmal.mp4

lmao again

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

i like that you can only just barely see that theres two guys way over on the other side of the roof, and as soon as he starts going over there, the camera shifts so you cant see them anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- Killing a Revenant in two Super Shotgun shots
- Killing a Cyberdemon with two BFG shots
- Killing a Pinkie with one Berserk punch
- Opening a door
- Shooting a rocket into 5+ Imps
- Shooting a rocket into 10+ hitscanners
- Closing a door

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- Dodging every Mancubus attack

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Add a point to a skill in Etrian Odyssey

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

making a beautiful spider creature in Sims 4

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

The Mikiri Counter, even more so when that leads to the deathblow

Mikiri counter is the ultimate, I will never stop celebrating it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
warp striking stuff in ffxv feels good. at least. its mentioned in the op but im going to say it again