Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

firing the shoulder cannon in astro boy: omega factor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

goferchan posted:

I think a lot of other devs don't understand what made it good. Even though you're doing a lot of grappling and diving and stuff between combat sections, Arkham Batman controls really "heavy" as far as video game characters go and it makes sense and feels right that he's basically propelled around the arena by the sheer weight of his own punches. Taking the same system and adapting it to a more acrobatic moveset like in the new Spider-Man game makes it feel like you don't have proper control of your character and feels closer to something like doing homing spin jumps in a 3D sonic game 🤢

I remember mad max had the opposite problem of spiderman where Max felt properly heavy, but had no momentum so trying to reach certain enemies wouldn't register and you'd break your combo swinging at air

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

hearing the ai opponent scream as their screen tumbles away when you get a triple combo in puyo puyo, esp. if it's like your sixth win and it's that fish rear end in a top hat

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

hearing the ai opponent scream as their screen tumbles away when you get a triple combo in puyo puyo, esp. if it's like your sixth win and it's that fish rear end in a top hat

What about a human opponent

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

What about a human opponent

I don't think I would hate them as much as the AI fish guy

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Trapping an enemy so they can't move and combo bullying them to death in triangle strategy. Bonus points if you use the position swap spell to teleport them away from safety behind enemy lines

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Bicyclops posted:

Human opponents do a 3 chain harass on top of their 8 chain in the time it takes me to build a 5 chain

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

fishs rear end in a top hat guy

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Edgeworth saying NNNNGGGOOOOHHH

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Counter-strike

Throwing a molotov on the bomb when there's five seconds left and you deny the defuse

Usp 1 tap

Deag 1 tap

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dongicus posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

I remember mad max had the opposite problem of spiderman where Max felt properly heavy, but had no momentum so trying to reach certain enemies wouldn't register and you'd break your combo swinging at air

I couldn't really get on with that game at all but breaking out the shotgun in combat was a definite goomba stomp at least

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Holding the fire button after launching a missile in Ace Combat and watching your missile hit the target while you peel away on a cool way.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dongicus posted:

Counter-strike

Throwing a molotov on the bomb when there's five seconds left and you deny the defuse

Usp 1 tap

Deag 1 tap

Ninja defuse, especially if you do it because they just forgot to look in the corners

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

-winning a street fighter match
-winning a street fighter match with Dan

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

spiderman devs looks at arkham and said "its silly youre mostly locked down to one place, what if you could run around during fights" and proceeded to make a giant mess of it

now we have the arkham origins devs looking at spiderman and going drat thats a good idea

https://i.imgur.com/eWyhmal.mp4

I think Batmans combat especially from Cory onwards is much more satisfying and fun to play than Spider-Man’s. I really like what Spider-Man did though and I felt like they made it their own thing. For Spidey it makes sense for him to be as versatile in combat as he is moving around rather than the ruthlessly segmented Batman gameplay. It didn’t have the rhythm or fluidity of Batman but I don’t think it was clunky either. The takedown animations were too cinematic though and took too long and there were only like two

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

I think Batmans combat especially from Cory onwards is much more satisfying and fun to play than Spider-Man’s. I really like what Spider-Man did though and I felt like they made it their own thing. For Spidey it makes sense for him to be as versatile in combat as he is moving around rather than the ruthlessly segmented Batman gameplay. It didn’t have the rhythm or fluidity of Batman but I don’t think it was clunky either. The takedown animations were too cinematic though and took too long and there were only like two

Bro who’s Cory.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bro who’s Cory.

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

EmmyOk posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dongicus posted:

Now this is the poo poo we love to see:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bro who’s Cory.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bro who’s Cory.

lord cory balrog, who gets credit as the saint of playstation games who released a game nearest to spider-man

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Lord Cory" sounds like a lord who'd spin his throne around and sit on it backwards to get real with some peasants.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Cory in the asylum

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arkham Cory was banned from LF in 2007 after referencing his list of girls who wronged him one too many times in an increasingly disconcerting manner with fewer jokes every post

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Arkham Cory was banned from LF in 2007 after referencing his list of girls who wronged him one too many times in an increasingly disconcerting manner with fewer jokes every post

lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Larry Parrish posted:

Ninja defuse, especially if you do it because they just forgot to look in the corners

a good one that rarely happens is when you stick the plant and scope in with the awp so the guy thinks you're faking and waiting for him to peek

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Dongicus posted:

a good one that rarely happens is when you stick the plant and scope in with the awp so the guy thinks you're faking and waiting for him to peek

yeah because anyone would have to be an absolute rube to fall for that. you can hold down fire and you will instantly obliterate them the second you let go of use

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bro who’s Cory.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

trying to jack off posted:

yeah because anyone would have to be an absolute rube to fall for that. you can hold down fire and you will instantly obliterate them the second you let go of use

I play matchmaking op

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PowerfulRepleteDragonflyTheRinger-vVbbkh56OQjyTQsR

which fish do you hate more

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Knocking a Rathian out of the air with a downward smash

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
when theres a giant stack of the same object and you pick up the bottom one with your katamari and the rest all fall into you

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

elf help book posted:

when theres a giant stack of the same object and you pick up the bottom one with your katamari and the rest all fall into you

when you pass the threshold to grab buildings and rip dozens of them out of the ground instantly and get a perspective shift at the same time :chefkiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bro who’s Cory.

lolk