Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Halo plasma stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Downstabs in general, but zelda 2 is the first thing that comes to mind

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Evil Eagle posted:

Downstabs in general, but zelda 2 is the first thing that comes to mind

Toon Link's down stab in Smash is great

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Yo did he just walk up, slowly, and down smash?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squeezy Farm posted:

Halo plasma stick.

awwwwww yeah

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Another great downstab is the one you can do in Shadow of the Colossus to do full damage without charging. I always use that to finish off a colossus.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
When you get a new piece of equipment and put it on, your character's look in-game reflects the change. Like if you get a new sword or piece of armor.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

NickRoweFillea posted:

When you get a new piece of equipment and put it on, your character's look in-game reflects the change. Like if you get a new sword or piece of armor.

Seeing the change in equipment during cutscenes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'm almost positive this is already in the list but takedowns in Burnout 3, since I started playing that game again last night

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I'm almost positive this is already in the list but takedowns in Burnout 3, since I started playing that game again last night

i posted that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I kept playing the chicago level over and over so I could do the one where you push them into the steel pillars in the middle of the street. Also, anytime you can push enemies up a divider and they launch 100 ft in the air for no reason...goddamn!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I kept playing the chicago level over and over so I could do the one where you push them into the steel pillars in the middle of the street. Also, anytime you can push enemies up a divider and they launch 100 ft in the air for no reason...goddamn!

yes! this!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I hope they put this on PS4, I would love to get all the trophies

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Max shaking her Polaroid after taking a photo collectable.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Diving in any of the max payne games

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

I like the slow Roman chariot type take down, where you grind them up against a divider for a big segment of road till they finally blow up! drat I wish they'd make a new Burnout game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
It's genius that they put the slow motion button the same as the boost button so when you inevitably slam into a 2ton semi truck at 240mph and crumple into a twisted mass of explosive steel, you are always seeing it in insane slow motion

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite was always the psyche out, faking Into a car and the AI swerves to miss but instead slams into an obstacle. 👍

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Criterion is now just making Star Wars games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Getting some intense feels right now thinking about playing Burnout 3 with my friends in college

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

It's genius that they put the slow motion button the same as the boost button so when you inevitably slam into a 2ton semi truck at 240mph and crumple into a twisted mass of explosive steel, you are always seeing it in insane slow motion

when you crash while you're in the lead and you manage to aftertouch takedown every car that tries to over take you

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

when you crash while you're in the lead and you manage to aftertouch takedown every car that tries to over take you

oh man I forgot about this, it even negated the loss on your boost meter and refilled it I think

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I like that burnout 3 has a boost meter even though 15 seconds into every event it's maxed out and doesn't ever seem to go down lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I like that burnout 3 has a boost meter even though 15 seconds into every event it's maxed out and doesn't ever seem to go down lol

it goes down if you drive like a pussy. its there entirely to make you drive against traffic and check cars lol

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

In Training posted:

The "Burnout" cars in Paradise that keep boosting as long as you're scoring are sick for this. So satisfying watch the meter fill up.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

-ending a level with the Dustforce super attack

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

jumping through doors in megaman

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Machai posted:

jumping through doors in megaman

yeah!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Ooh walking into a boss door with a fully charged buster in MMX and releasing it right after the boss intro is some good poo poo too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'm kinda shocked this thread has managed 8 pages

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Turns out people in this forum love video games lol.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

it's required

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I hate video games.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

It's one of two forums in the entire world that do

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

A Family Circus strip but the Not Me Monster is a Games poster

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I hate video games.

gently caress you!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The trolls have been warned.