Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Downstabs in general, but zelda 2 is the first thing that comes to mind

Toon Link's down stab in Smash is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm almost positive this is already in the list but takedowns in Burnout 3, since I started playing that game again last night

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kept playing the chicago level over and over so I could do the one where you push them into the steel pillars in the middle of the street. Also, anytime you can push enemies up a divider and they launch 100 ft in the air for no reason...goddamn!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope they put this on PS4, I would love to get all the trophies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's genius that they put the slow motion button the same as the boost button so when you inevitably slam into a 2ton semi truck at 240mph and crumple into a twisted mass of explosive steel, you are always seeing it in insane slow motion

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that burnout 3 has a boost meter even though 15 seconds into every event it's maxed out and doesn't ever seem to go down lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm kinda shocked this thread has managed 8 pages

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Turns out people in this forum love video games lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The trolls have been warned.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- taking your 3ds out of your backpack at the end of the day and seeing the street pass light is on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It works in the older FF games because the equipment is usually just a straight numbers upgrade, so every time you reached a new village you would go buy all the hella sweet new gear and OPTIMIZE.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- getting 5 or more points when you level up in fire emblem

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

beepstreet posted:

The sound of Kirby going in the hole is so insanely satisfying.

Yeahhhhhhhh, not even gonna touch this one :catbert:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- juggling an enemy in Valkyrie Profile

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unnnnnnnggg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

-blowing up a shmup boss and the explosions are so big and there are so many points flying around the screen that the game slows down

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- firing the brimstone in Binding of Isaac

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- the running body slam in the Warriors

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- rolling away from the host when he rolls away and you both drink Estus and bow like you're reenacting the final boss of MGS4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- the grapple in Titanfall 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah at first I thought it was weak as hell but then I realized the pro strat is to aim at like rocks or at the lip of hills, then hit the jump button and it feels kinda like the Spider Man 2 swing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Winning a race in Tricky Towers by having your tower fall over just slow enough to beat the three-second timer.

This is a good one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

someone may have posted this already but i just played the game for the first time today, so,

- jumping in journey

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I updated the OP and noticed that there was a glaring omission:

- eating ghosts in Pac Man
- eating a ghost train in Pac-Man CE series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive been thinking about making some epic khantent by putting together videos of some Goomba Stomps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just thought of another one

- getting a triple combo with Beat's cards in TWEWY and unleashing the super

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- clearing a row or column in Picross 3D Round 2 and the orange cubes break apart into their rounded shapes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Clicking Buy Season Pass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

When the camera goes all slo-mo after beating Master Hand

drat that's a good one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

any really good screen freezing hitstun feels good, like you've done something so badass and powerful that the world froze briefly to process it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sleeping Dogs has a bunch of little things like this, like when you successfully ram someone's car, or the action hijacking, or some of the slow-mo in brawls.

My current favorite is blowing up a boss in Nuclear Throne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- finishing off an enemy in Silent Hill 1 by crushing their mutated skull into the concrete with your boot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

- finishing off an enemy in Silent Hill 1 by crushing their mutated skull into the concrete with your boot

Video: https://my.mixtape.moe/zlabpu.webm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Finishing a round with a super in KOFXIV and most KOFs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- taking your first step in a town in the bravely default series and seeing where the camera zooms in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- also, using bravely 4 times in one turn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Chaining battles while fast forwarding is so satisfying in that game. Also I love all the quality of life features...: at one point I was like "man I wish I could save multiple equipment and class/skill configurations" and literally not 5 minutes later the ability to do so gets unlocked, stuff like that

i think its my fave turn based JRPG mechanically, but im not a fan of the writing. Its all a little too "on the nose cartoon" for my taste, but I dont mind because i like the gameplay and art a lot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- peace offer gets accepted and you gain a bunch of new territory

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

When you finish integrating a PU

Havent experienced this one sadly, but I imagine its similar to annexing a vassal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- hacking the analysis cube and moving on to the next layer