Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

-firing a double shotgun, elephant gun, or magnum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

landing a direct rocket or grenade, bonus points for gibs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sprinting in mgs5

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the screw attack

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

disintegration in jedi knight 2/jedi academy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the moment you enter the spiked form goron roll in majora's mask

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

playing mario 64

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

shinesparking is incredibly satisfying. hell it even feels great in Other M

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

-landing a lv.3 charged greatsword hit in monster hunter
-smacking a monster head w/ the hammer/hunting horn
-knowing monster hunter generations is out next loving month

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

Probably my all-time favorite in the game is when you've got your arm selected as your secondary and you do a running CQC on an enemy Snake just does a huge loving swing punch that literally flips the enemy over while knocking them out. So satisfying.

the million dollar man sound effect is a really nice touch too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the infinite morphball jump

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

When you get a double jump power. i duno why but double jump is always the most epic power to get in every game its in. maybe its just me

double jump is the best

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

I agree. Maybe it's cause of the huge jump in control you gain over your character, you can maneuver in much more complex ways with double jump

it also enables more intricate platforming if the devs are creative. ori & the blind forest completely stops loving around once you get the double jump

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia posted:

This. I'm specifically thinking of Metroid Prime in this case (though the plasma beam is actually the most epic power up in that game)

i just realized reading this post since they didnt think the screw attack would fit in metroid prime 1 they just made the final beam upgrade completely bananas for that endgame power feel

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the boost ball in the prime games

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was concerned that kills and such in splatoon would feel wimpy but all you need is some good particle effects and a satisfying splat sound

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Jenny Agutter posted:

-smashing through a wall to hit a guy on the other side with the sledgehammer in red faction guerilla

also w/ jensen

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aston posted:

Getting a really long chain attack in the original xenoblade
Also agree on double jump and specifically to Ori, the "bash". The remake is out now right?

its out. it honestly doesnt add much at all but i will take any reason to replay that amazing game lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

-when your bank account clears the transaction and 140 steam trading cards finally hit your inventory

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

critical headshot in RE4

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the PLR in the same game is a lot stronger, but it is a cheat weapon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the side smash in sleeping dogs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gore explosions in diablo likes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

weapons that pin enemies to walls, such as the hl2 crossbow

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

firing the MG in snake eater until naked snake starts screaming

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

corpse stomping in dead space

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

2 is a really great game, just in general. shame the series went in a weird direction

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

I really liked 3, but I co-op'd all the way through it with cool people. I liked extraction too. Still cannot believe they put exploding baby necromorphs in 2 lmao

actually shouted "NO!!" when i first saw the babies i still cant believe it either

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

youre in a playground/toddler care area and im thinking "nooo they wouldn't, they wouldnt have me shoot zombie children" not only were they children they were babies on all fours with nuclear bellies

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

incidentally blowing them up felt great lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

basically everything in kirby superstar

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

-Surfing your shield in the new zelda

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dongicus posted:

does kaz's f-bomb in tpp count

i rewatched that scene on yt a number of times so, yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thought of a good one..clicking the shoulder buttons on the GC controller

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

firing a smart bomb in star fox 64

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive grown up with consoles my whole life and i still kind of freak out when my 3ds works outside of my house

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im also the type that doesnt trust the game at all to figure out the best gear

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

even diablo 3 fucks up sometimes and it's doing basic addition

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I got one: Hitting sort items in an RPG and seeing your inventory organize itself perfectly

this was the best part of titan quest. poe doesnt have an autosort button and its the diablo that most badly needs it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hmm, gore explosions or hilarious ragdolls? a tough call. both good feels though

getting a combat shrine in titan quest and launching the loving goatmen into the sky team rocket style was some win but so is watching the screen get bathed in blood in d3/poe