Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

There is no honor in this

its usually what happens when you're winning 7+ to zip and everyone rages, feels good everytime

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Perfect dodging

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

When you use cheat engine to beat the tutorial of Nier: Automata

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

I want to play a 3D Nuclear Throne

edit: actually I don't

a doom with random levels and guns in the same style as NT that's very easy to jump in and out of is my dream game

NT is awesome but it always makes me think "what if this was an fps"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

That's exactly what Strafe was supposed to be but I believe the game turned out to be butthole.

yeah its full of bullet sponge enemies that are boring to fight and you move like molasses. everything about that game is rear end and it sold itself in its marketing as a return-to-quake style shooter when it's enter the gungeon 3d lmao

In Training posted:

someone could probably do it but with like every Roguelike game the run length is way too long. I think the reason NT is so godlike is that you can get to the last level in like 11 minutes and get there with a starting weapon basically. most games ive played are way too long and give you new crap way too slow

the thing about nuclear throne is that it CAN give you powerful guns that wipe half the screen per shot, because you're always one mistake away from eating it so you feel powerful yet terrified at the same time.

it's harder to do that kind of game in an FPS format but it can be done. new DOOM on higher difficulty settings is basically this but it still has awkward platforming bits and some inconsistent pacing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

Ziggurat is kind of bad that way too.

youre a little too slow in ziggurat, lots of bad guns, like 5 different enemies and the boss balance is wack

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

playing pharah so well the entire enemy team switches to counter you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

witnessing two new metroid game announcements, prime and a traditional 2d game for the 3ds, in the same day

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

starting a new save after beating a fairly technical and open game like dark souls with all your new knowledge and skill and completely crushing the early bits, stumbling into brand new secrets, and noticing all the details and shortcuts you didn't the first time because you were too panicked

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

- when a poison tick kills an enemy in a JRPG and ends the battle

causing a status effect with a standard attack when it's only a 10% chance

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aston posted:

Anti-goomba stomp: seeing an anti-goomba stomp in this thread

about borderlands

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

killing things in hyperlight drifter. causes this really short freezeframe and the death animations are really expressive, feels good when you're murdering a whole room and the action stops for just a split second each time you kill

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Freezing Metroids and blowing them up with missiles
Freezing and stomping with the freeze gun in Spelunky
Ice spells in Diablo 2 and 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcCmkRBVr1s&t=22s

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the demo ended the level halfway through, so grats to rediscover on getting halfway through the easy gravity gun demo level with the gravity gun and then pirating the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

Oh gently caress yeah. That’s a classic ‘stomp

nailing the frame perfect 1HKO on anyone's dizzy never gets old

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

anti goomba stomp: when an extreme post-game challenge that makes you rip your hair out has no reward

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

lootboy needs loot

its the truth

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ol yeller posted:

giving the game away when the clerk says he cant pay you anything but he can "take it off your hands"

lets see..Zelda 4-pack Collection, pikmin 2, foil box metroid prime trilogy (sealed), err..yeah, we really can't sell these but, maybe we could give you a 5 dollar store credit since you're a loyal customer

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Gamer Gash Got Wet for a man who knew 9 steps in 2004-2006

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

major spoilers for the end game lol but that is crazy cool. every weapon in MHworld has a super satisfying jump attack i think

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

getting into the Tank in any halo and the trail of totally helpless enemies that always follows

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Forging a +3 item in DQ11

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

Stop. I don't have any money or time and this post is testing my strength.

the game will be waiting for you when you are ready. it's a bad time to be a gamer with a job lately

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I know a guy...