Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

terrorist ambulance posted:

They can take a city or raze and move away after. It is absolutely something that the ai can do that the player cannot

You can do this, just start your turn next to the city you wanna pillage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Angry Lobster posted:

Yes, but that's a regular army, and it blew my mind how they would be able to field such an army (five units of trolls with triple silver chevrons!) at that stage, along with the other armies they had. Maybe I did something wrong or the Chaos campaign it's just not as balanced.

don't auto resolve if you can fight for lower casualties, replenishment is harder for chaos ironically.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fans posted:

It's exactly the same as Custom battles.

Also no making it cost them wouldn't fix the problem because the price would be worth it. Being able to snipe the enemy Lord is just an incredibly powerful ability to have in Total Warhammer. They just need to redo the magic system because the damage spells veer wildly between "Completely useless piece of poo poo" to "Game breakingly powerful" The problem spells need to be made to cost a lot more magic, or have their damage toned down significantly.

I like the buffs and debuffs! But you won't see them be used because everyone just uses Wizards to kill units in safety.

In TT your own wizards could counter enemy magic and it was part of the balance to keep magic from being OP for vamps. Maybe some sort of counter-spell mechanic?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

el dingo posted:

I reckon it would be pretty unlikely to add in any new mechanics now that its actually released, much more likely that they will just fiddle with the numbers until it's passable/they get bored.

Maybe wizards can get an activated or passive AOE magic resistance aura buff. Cover your troops and/or Lord with a wizard so you can't be sniped.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Get some wolves and chase them off the map.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tardcore posted:

Your orc made his dance too sexy and paid the price, a good event.

I got this event three times in a row when he recovered, dude can't stop dancing.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Operant posted:

Playing my first Chaos campaign feels weird as hell. Am I supposed to be constantly running a negative income and just staving it off with the stupid amount of money I make from sacking cities?

Pretty much, try to upgrade buildings as much as possible to avoid crazy upkeep.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Choyi posted:

Even without force rebellion abuse, its not an issue to stomp down any rebellion that spawns in newly conquered provinces.
VC especially has the easiest way with it since they can muster up an army more or less out of thin air.

I mean people can play the way they like the best, if you wanna roleplay your campaigns and such then go for it! I do that myself as well, I've have run campaigns without either abusing auto resolve bugg/balance issues(fighting near every battle manualy) or similar stuff.
But I feel giving new people the advice to take it slow and wait for corruption before conquest isn't a good nor helpfull one.

Just beeline to the first and second corruption tech that gives +2 to region and +1 to every neighboring region. Also the corruption buildings are better public order buildings than the gibbet because of the VC racial.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Decus posted:

Is raise dead actually bugged or is it just implemented in a weird way? I've had some battles that don't add to the casualty counter on it but from what somebody posted earlier that's because only certain spots on the map actually count. Usually anywhere near/on a settlement should count/generate the raise dead symbol next to it though I'm not actually sure if anywhere in VC territory has one there? Instead, some of the areas within the VC regions have raise dead symbols that will only appear/add to the counter if the fight actually occurred near there.

Assuming there is a more complicated bug on top of the system needing more points that can generate symbols--or just a clearer indication so you can direct your battles towards the ones that exist--a good place to test would be the plains in-between templehof and the starting region minor settlements, sort of north and south of a straight line course. I've had symbols appear in those sorts of spots within VC territory. Maybe those are the boggier looking spots on the map? I'd have to load up an early save to check.

It runs off of the battle markers in the near area it seems. If you can see it on the map it should work, vanilla no-mod as far as I know.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I would actually like to play this one out. If you are lucky you could vanguard deploy all your NG archers and spider riders close enough to the artillery to totally wreck them before they could do much of anything. The knights would be a bit of a problem, but one unit of spider riders should be able to tie them up (poison slows so they should be able to keep your distance). Another option is just to hide them off to the side, hide your main army, and charge the siege behind the enemy lines.

Another tactic that might work is to hide your entire army behind a hill or something. I once had an artillery heavy dwarf army march their siege all the way across the map and on top of the hill I was hiding behind, at which point they were in easy charge range of my infantry.

Spider riders are really fun units that are pretty great at exploiting the AI.

especially forest spider riders, they rule

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Lone Badger posted:

How do I get my economy running as VC? As Empire I just spammed cloth everywhere, but the vamp econ building (gibbet) is terrible by comparison.

city centers and the fact that corpses are cheap.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

unwantedplatypus posted:

Also generally when trolls route they come back after a few seconds, ready to charge into the fight again.

regenning while that happens is a nice thing

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Trujillo posted:

There's a discord a few of us have been using to organize a few casual matches that anyone can join, you can use it to organize the tournament too if you want so you don't have to make a new one:

https://discord.gg/gjDJUpQ

Discord is giving people free poo poo for shilling for a bad app. Reconsider.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It is the Uber of voip and it doesn't work well and it bundles with adware. The incentive program has them shilling it everywhere they can. It is not a good product.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Unlucky7 posted:

At risk of possibly asking a stupid question: Can your own units be killed by the fire of your friendly units? I want to know for sure if I should have my artillery firing at the enemies my infantry is engaged with.

Yes

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
rock lobbas all the way

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Krazyface posted:

I see about forty loving skulls here.

not enough skulls

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Deified Data posted:

Yeah, rushing a Waaagh is definitely the key to early game superiority with Orcs. Pick on the Red Fangs for a while until you get one and curbstomp the Dwarfs with sheer numbers.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Arcsquad12 posted:

I don't know whether I should be honored or to respond in orky fashion.

pretty sure orky fashion would be to out meme him, which could be hard to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mehrunes posted:

They've had 17 years, will they ever learn how to make an AI that doesn't need huge bonuses to even try to compete?

If they ever did you would whine about how the AI is out maneuvering you.

• Locked thread