Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Choyi posted:

Even without force rebellion abuse, its not an issue to stomp down any rebellion that spawns in newly conquered provinces.
VC especially has the easiest way with it since they can muster up an army more or less out of thin air.

I mean people can play the way they like the best, if you wanna roleplay your campaigns and such then go for it! I do that myself as well, I've have run campaigns without either abusing auto resolve bugg/balance issues(fighting near every battle manualy) or similar stuff.
But I feel giving new people the advice to take it slow and wait for corruption before conquest isn't a good nor helpfull one.

Yeah I don't think you're going to make any progress with this. The active posters in the thread have decided that doing anything other than trying desperately to keep your provinces happy as VC and spreading corruption through techs and agents is powergamey bullshit. Build a wight king, research some tech. That's how you do it, apparently.

For what it's worth I had the same observations from my VH campaign and agree with your advice.

Ham Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Chomp8645 posted:

See the reason people don't like you is because if you disagree with them you go straight to painting some exaggerated caricature of their opinion.

As opposed to your measured response, wherein you called me an autist for posting that ignoring Vampiric corruption is the way to go and treating rebels as a commodity you can ignore or pop when you want.

For the second time in two days, can you please keep this personal bullshit out of the thread? I don't like you, you don't like me, nobody needs to read about that poo poo in the Warhammer thread.

Ham Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 20, 2016

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i dont like you either btw

Is it possible to post in a thread with people you don't like, and be quiet about it? Apparently not.

I guess I can claim the title of thread rear end in a top hat and leave folks to their discussion. Sorry for wasting folks time.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I'm keeping track of the tournament so pardon my question here. I haven't seen a mention of a winners and losers bracket in any of the posts so far. Seems a bit odd for a 16 player tournament, no?

quote:

Rules are as follows:
Funds and unit size: Large
Timer:20 minutes. No stalling or evasive behaviour for the sake of achieving a draw.
Map: Karak Azgal for the first match. The loser decides what map to play in subsequent rounds.
Best out of three matches to decide the winner of each round. Post a replay.

Was there always a winner and loser bracket like a swiss style tournament? Sorry for the confusion just wondering where I got mixed up.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Vox Nihili posted:

Mukip added a losers' bracket after the first round so people could get in more matches. Nothing about the tournament has been terribly formal, it's mostly just for fun.

It's definitely been mentioned several times, though.

That owns, more replays to watch :hellyeah:

Hey thanks for putting on this tourney guys. It ended up being really interesting to watch the differing race picks and map strategies people used.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

brocretin posted:

All ranged units are equally accurate and they'll hit the enemy much more than they will your own guys unless there's a big size differential between the two units. Normally the only reason to care about friendly fire is when the ranged unit has a debuff attached to it, because even a single arrow will apply that to your own dudes as well as the enemy.

In Rome 2 and Attila there is a hidden height modifier that actually makes it far more likely your troops will hit your own guys rather than the enemy. Like it makes the enemy units .85 of their height and friendly units 1.15 of their actual height for calculation purposes and that means your dudes soak the arrows. In unit testing it was always worse to have a unit firing into a melee than it was to simply have the unit fighting - took more casualties, inflicted few kills.

Here's the relevant vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2CDVqdYXSU

Given CA's love of hidden modifiers like that, I don't think saying like "Yeah it just works like you think so go ahead and fire into the mass" is the way to go. The other thing is that Warhammer added some specific rules against friendly fire, so it's possible they removed the friendly fire height thing. Or maybe they left it in. You'd really have to test to figure out which is optimal.

[edit]
Here's another Vid that shows it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvxWC108eEQ

Ham Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 5, 2016

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

For those asking about mods I've tried a bunch and SFO is maybe the single biggest change from vanilla because the AI fields serious stacks all game long. It's to the point where I'd love to be able to run some of my normal campaign mods with SFO but given the choice I'll just run SFO since it's the one that most improves the gameplay.

No more garbage fights, I can't even begin to describe how much that changes things. It didn't matter if you were on VH / VH with better campaign AI and recruitment mods the AI just couldn't / wouldn't field real armies. With SFO it does.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Glenn Quebec posted:

Uhhhh SFO has blood knights on foot for vampire counts which is a deal breaker

They're adding a submod to remove all their custom units they added if it really offends you

I like having real stacks all game so much that I actually totally 100% don't give a gently caress what else they do. Every single other campaign I've played through has involved me finishing a beast stack around 60-80 depending on the race and having nothing to hit with it because the AI has already razed / sacked the poo poo out of the other AI's high end unit buildings.

SFO gives me fun fights all game long, it's all I wanted out of the warhammer campaign.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

There were some issues with lag in the campaign map around the release of warhammer, I'd do some google searches. There's a TWC thread where they suggest enabling an FPS limit, maybe try vsync, idk. Plenty of people ran into that so you should be able to find a fix that works for you. Search for warhammer campaign map lag

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

So the charge bonus is a bonus to what stats and how long does it last?

Fot cycle charging I just run the cav in and then back it out immediately right? Cause I assume the collision counts as an attack

It adds to melee attack and weapon damage

The charge bonus lasts 15 seconds after the charge impact however it drops during that time, so the amount of charge bonus is higher at 5 seconds after the charge than at 10 seconds after the charge. As it gets close to 15 it gets pretty negligible.

The charge bonus of the cav you're using affects cycle time, if the bonus is higher that means you want to cycle it faster. Cav that have a lower charge bonus and higher melee attack / weapon damage stats can stay more towards ~12 seconds, high charge cav should be cycled more like ~8-10 seconds, try a few different combos and pay attention to the kills the unit gets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

StashAugustine posted:

Does charge bonus affect the disruption and damage you get from impact or is that all mass and speed?

That seems to be based on unit type vs unit type, whether the unit getting charged is moving or not, whether the unit getting charged has a defense against charge, and for chariots unit depth plays a part too. I believe chariots can bust through a unit that is <7 ranks deep but get bogged down if it's 7 or more. I have not really experimented with unit depth and cav charge damage / disruption amount.

So basically the weight / type of the unit charging vs the weight / type of the unit getting charged, and whether that unit that got charged was standing still, seem to be the major factors for that disruption from what I've seen

• Locked thread