Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GCValentine
Oct 25, 2007
Important Event

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

Is no-one asking about the gently caress-tarded "always juuuuuust out of your movement range" behavior for enemies?

Creative assembly has a tough job, AI dumb and people complain. AI smart, people complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GCValentine
Oct 25, 2007
Important Event

Rakthar posted:

Isn't that what Armies were used for ,to kill enemy armies? or no? I guess no since they could never catch them, historically?

Its not trivial to force engagements with someone avoiding it, no.

GCValentine
Oct 25, 2007
Important Event

Rakthar posted:

This is reddit.txt stuff. What happens if you don't roll the 50% on that ambush and they move past you? You'll never be able to catch up to them. Is that your fault for not having the perfect defense of agents and garrisons ready for every opportunity even though you're limited on funds, armies, slots, and money for the first 50 turns?

Chasing armies around that can keep loving with you and you can't catch sucks. If this is the only way to make Chaos work, I propose finding another way.

:confused: Anytime my ambush doesn't trigger I can catch the armies because they spent a bunch of movement points moving towards me.

• Locked thread