Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Has anyone tried the mod that lets you upgrade smaller settlements to higher tiers so you can build the higher-end buildings in more places? Does it feel like it negatively affects the overall game at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Mazz posted:

I actually make that mod, it shouldn't do anything too crazy since it takes a bit of growth to get to t4, especially for the dwarves since their baseline growth is significantly lower. I just added the ability for the AI to use them in the most recent one.

The only things it'll change is add a little to mid and late game economies and increase the odds AI armies have higher tier units in them, since they won't need province capitals to build tier 4 barracks.

Makes no changes to Chaos, Norse or Savage Orcs.

Awesome, I'll have to give it a try!

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Deakul posted:

Crap, guess I'll be passing on Beastmen, not crazy about horde gameplay.
Shame, they look pretty cool.

I wonder if Lizardmen will be horde based too? :ohdear:
Maybe I should get used to that style...

I really hope Lizardmen aren't horde style.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I just played a bunch yesterday for the first time since right before Beastmen came out. I bought both Beastmen and Grim & the Grave, just hadn't had time to play them yet. This is probably common knowledge in this thread but holy poo poo, Vlad is so good. His army makes a mockery of every battle they fight in.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

How do you overcast a spell? I always forget about it and then last night I realized I don't even know how.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Has there been any word on what/when the next DLC will be?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

If it ends up being magazine-only (don't be surprised, this is GW we're talking about), there will be a bunch of the codes or whatever on ebay.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I've just started using the better autoresolve mod and I think it's making things a little better? They bar itself still feels inaccurate to me at times.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

What do I need to recruit Knights of the Blazing Sun? I must be blind because I'm looking all over the building tree and not seeing them.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

ZearothK posted:

Their chapter house must be built in Talabecland.

Oh drat, guess I need to do some confederating.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I picked the game back up after not playing for a while and I'm having some trouble figuring out something I never wrapped my head around before. I'm playing as Dwarfs and I've got my main army defending a city that's about to get attacked by a big Orc army and a 2nd, slightly smaller one. I've got a 2nd army of my own that I want to help out with defending the city, otherwise I don't think I can hold them off. How do I position my 2nd army so that they're pulled into the fight when the Orcs come and attack? I thought they just had to be nearby inside that circle of influence, but last night I tested it and the big Orc army attacked my backup army, and it wasn't pulling my main army or garrison into the fight. So I had to retreat with that backup army and then both Orc armies were able to attack my city at once and I couldn't beat them with just my main army and the garrison alone. Sorry if that was confusing, I'm still technically new to this and it's been a long time since I last played (near launch).

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Yeah, I wish I had walls but unfortunately I haven't gotten them built in time. Maybe I don't actually need the garrison, just my 2 armies, but I'm not great at the game so I figured I'd need all the help I can get. I did try to fight the battle without my 2nd army and got a close defeat, so I reloaded. I think it's crazy overleveled Grimgor that's screwing me there. I'll have to try putting my guys in Ambush stance to give that a shot. Even though I don't have walls, I do have a couple cannons and a grudge thrower or 2.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

In TT 8th edition, High Magic was an actual lore with its own spells. High Elves and Lizardmen both had access to it, but there might've been differences between their 2 versions? Can't recall exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Maybe the experiment thing is the mega campaign or whatever they're gonna call it. Or has that already been talked about and it's not part of the free DLC stuff.

• Locked thread