Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Deified Data posted:

They're marching and you're not - it's unironically working as intended.

Except the AI can march and attack, which means the AI has a special movement option that players are not allowed access to.

Which sucks. "Just use ambush stance" isn't a valid response to "why does the AI get access to a stance that the player can't use?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Stanley Pain posted:

Re: The AI having crazy movement.

I've seen the AI move in from just about offscreen, attack + sack a town and then move off screen again.

I have seen this several times in my Dwarf campaign against Grimgor. He's moved his army across the badlands to hit Iron Rock or a reinforcing army north of it, attack, and then move far enough away that the army can't be seen again.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Firing this up after having it my Library for a while. Are there any good combat mods that slow the pace down a little like a few from Rome 2? I definitely enjoyed the slower paced battles with those mods.

• Locked thread