Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

madmac posted:

Also a facebook interview yesterday where they basically said "Yes there will be balance patches and we know about Demigryphs. We like to take our time to figure out what is causing balance issues and gathering all feedback before making measured changes, ect ect."

Demigryphs are kind of what lets Empire play with the big boy monster factions so I hope they don't get nerfed too much but you could totally see it coming. Although I suppose that at the same time Empire magic should get a buff but how you would make magic effective anti-monster without exacerbating the lord sniping I have no clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Mazz posted:

Hold the right mouse button down while you drag the arrow, and look at the bar on the far bottom left near the portrait. The green part is movement left, the yellow part is consumed. Congratulations, you just fixed your problem.

This should be in the OP. It's not at all obvious from the UI.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Kitchner posted:

I was doing multiple things at once so it's entirely possible he had stuff I missed, I suspect it's more to do with the fact he was shooting three units of cannons at it and they it was charged by pegasus Knights while its fighting Dwarfs with great weapons.

Yeah, so, canon are armor piercing, so are great weapon armed infantry and my guess is pegasus knights as well (which probably have magic weapons but I'm not sure exactly what that means vs armor).

It sounds like he concentrated 5+ armor piercing units against your 1 armored unit. That would have been a good opportunity to have a very mobile unit like Reiksguard or Demigryphs to flank him and wreck poo poo.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Get some demigryphs in your life (until their inevitable nerf).

I'm not so sure it's such a clear case against Demigrpyhs, stat wise comparing Demigryph Lancers vs Chaos Knight Lancers they are pretty much equivalent except in couple of ways, demigryphs are slightly faster, have higher weapon strength and are armor piercing. Chaos knights have more models in their unit and a 20% higher charge bonus though which probably does a lot to offset the damage differences.

Halberd demigryphs lose the shield but gain anti-large while retaining armor piercing and good weapon damage stat. I think what must be pushing them so far over the edge compared to, say, chaos knights, is the combination of bonuses and not the strict stat numbers.

It's clear that it is the design intent that demigryphs be the #1 cavalry unit in the game (until Bretonnia?) so I don't know how much room there really is to nerf them. It really seems to come down to the armor-piercing and/or anti-large bonuses being on that capable a chassis that seems to be over-powering.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Maybe someone more familiar with Total War mechanics can explain something that happened last night?

I was chasing down a chaos stack when the chaos stack ran into some woods and disappeared, the beginning of the next turn I get the message that it was attempting an ambush. So, I sent over my Witch Hunter who assassinated the Chaos Lord and then moved my stack in to attack. Franz refused to move into the red-circle and attack even though I thought I had a little movement left and was right clicking to initiate the attack so I hit end turn.

Next turn starts and the chaos stack is no where to be seen but the moment I moved Franz 1mm I got a "You have Intercepted the enemy" attack on the chaos army (who had a new lord now).

1. Why was Franz unable to initiate the attack? How much movement do you need to have left to initiate an attack if your turn could end in the red circle but not right up next to the enemy?
2. Why did the chaos army go invisible the second turn? Was it because it was still in ambush and this time I didn't detect it?
3. Why was it an intercept and not me being ambushed if the chaos stack went back into an undetected ambush state?
4. What in game terms does an "Interception attack" mean?
5. Am I correct in assuming that if you kill the Lord commanding a stack then that stack can't move until the Lord is replaced?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Wilekat posted:

RNG traits are the stupidest loving thing.

Sometimes they're pretty cool. I left a lord in Marienburg to guard that flank after having watched a raider come down the coast. Several levels later and he's got several +income and +tax traits. Now I can't move him because he's funding whole army stacks by himself.

I got tired of hand holding Gelt in battle so I stuck him in Altdorf for the +mage recruit exp and to see if he will do something similar with +income and support traits. I mean, the guy likes to transmute stuff into gold right?

• Locked thread