Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

madmac posted:

Some relevant dev comments today from Reddit:

Well that was a disappointing bundle of rear end-covering non-answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Apparently someone datamining uncovered that beastmen and wood elves will be DLC races in the current game.

Not unexpected, but good to have even dubious confirmation.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Is there a good way to do early sieges without artillery or elites as the Empire? It always seems to boil down to throwing swordsmen at swordsmen at hoping. Short of hoping for a light wizard from the first scripted battle I don't know how better to play it.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

Angry Lobster posted:

It's a good item, but teleport to the battle, it's so far from home (it's the pillar of bone quest right?) it's never worth it to go there on foot.

From a pure strategy standpoint, sure, but the journey could be fun.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Man, Irondrakes loving suck. Their small unit size makes em useless for me, Im disappointed.

Anyone find a good way to employ them? They should have some sort of AoE value to bathe a unit in damage, since it seems they kinda just kinda piss in a stream of piss rather than 'palm.

I've heard good things about flanking with them and burning the poo poo out of a unit already engaged in combat.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

Triskelli posted:

Found a list of the Chaos Runes in case anyone wants to take a crack at translating it. The Total War Facebook page notes that the phonetic pronunciation isn't "what it seems". Which probably means it's as imprecise as the "DIE URKS" you see engraved on grudgethrower stones.

According to that, it seems like 'Aaz Akaash Nardharhurh'. Going to give the Beastmen army book a read to see if it has anything to shed light.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

Gejnor posted:

According to some dude on the TW forums:

Blood DLC ? I mean we knew it was coming, but so soon?

Only took two months for Rome 2. They probably made it alongside the base game while they were making the models, wouldn't make sense to do it all separately. At this point they probably only keep it separate for ratings reasons and dosh.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, Chaos isn't getting another Legendary Hero because even CA wouldn't be dumb enough to release a DLC for a DLC.

I wouldn't put it past them, but not as the first post-launch DLC.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

So if Beastmen do get added... where the hell would they end up? Map seems pretty crowded as is. Would they be able to take any settlements, or would they be another horde army?

It doesn't make sense for beastmen to be a pure horde, especially since orcs aren't. They only become an army when a leader manages to unite the tribes, and otherwise they just stay within their territory, fight amongst themselves and raid villages and caravans.

To take a wild stab in the dark: I think the easiest way they could be represented would be to do something sort of similar to the Vampire Count corpse counter. Each forested province has a beastmen infestation level that, when high, lets beastmen replenish and recruit there as well as 'leaking' into the local city as higher chaos corruption. It'd put them in a middle ground between the complete nomadism of the current Chaos armies and the city-building of the other factions - they'd have the freedom to choose between either maintaining and spreading the corruption of the forest they start in, or wandering wherever they please and corrupting nearby forests just enough to restore their numbers, but either way they'd have to pay some attention to the map beyond 'what will I kill next'.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
When playing as dwarves, is there a better solution to the Grimgor Problem than a dozen cannon focus firing on his face for the entire battle?

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
You get a necromancer as a reward from the Hel Fenn story mission, which you can do around turn five without trouble - Mannfred and Fluffy can practically solo the Empire forces if there's a half-dozen units of zombies to distract some of the army, and Kemmler's horseywraiths brutalize the poor Reiksguard.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Shame they didn't take out or modify the 'confederate 2 tribes' ultimate objective. It's too easy to fail that one through no fault of your own.

I was thinking exactly that. I haven't gone too deep into it yet, but I've yet to meet another tribe without it getting wiped out within half a dozen turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Maybe Vlad von Carstein?

Edit: Actually it might be really interesting if picking Vlad as the LL removed the diplo penalty with humans so that the VC could play the diplo game like the Empire does. Maybe even give them the option of annexing human provinces if you drive their corruption up high enough.

• Locked thread