Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Hell yes, CA please take my money :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Good ol' crotch skulls, the only superior stylish choice is the rare Skaven's crotch bell.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Kainser posted:

At least Kemmler can still have his vampire harem

He needs no filthy vampire harem, just his bone bro Krell.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
19 bucks is a somewhat steep price, it may be worth it if the mini-campaign is good enough, but I think I'm going to wait for it to go on sale, not in a hurry honestly.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

quote:

Lore of Beasts wizards can summon Manticores to battle and Lore of The Wild Bray-Shamans can summon towering Cygors

:captainpop:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
People who played High Elves in tabletop usually were assholes and terrible human beings in general. gently caress them all.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Yukitsu posted:

Gee, thanks.

Sorry, I'll take my medication.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Gonkish posted:

I'm holding off on it until they livestream it (IF they livestream it). That's what sold me on a preorder for the game: they were constantly on twitch just showing off the game, no tightly-controlled PR bullshit just straight up on twitch playing the game like normal nerds. If it crashed, then it crashed (and to my recollection that only happened once).

Same, I'm on the fence until I see the new content's stream.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
It's pretty much the Paradox DLC model, all the major dlcs for EU4 are 15-20 bucks and there's a ton of minor cosmetic poo poo.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

drat Dirty Ape posted:

They could probably fix most of the clipping by going the cheap route and modelling it as a broken horn on the boulder side. Honestly, I'm not actually sure how they could model him doing much of anything with those horns.

GW never had cared enough to think about those things when they designed their miniatures.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

I'm sorry

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Wait, so Beastmen have the best mechanics of Chaos and Orcs but none of their problems? Holy crap.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I've started playing Warhammer tabletopt again after a long time and having a lot of fun, man, I really look forward to get the lizardmen expansion.

Also, the Beastmen stream will start shortly: https://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Goddam the Gorebull, his charge attack is a full-on diving tackle with wrecks an entire unit, so fun to watch.

Deified Data posted:

What does it mean that Khazrak has lightning strike? Does that imply the other lord doesn't?

They've shown Khazrak's skill tree and lightning strike is in the usual place, the second tier of the blue skill line.

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 22, 2016

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

madmac posted:

Thorgrim should definitely get his armor and the Book of Grudges. The crown is pointless and the axe is...probably the worst quest weapon for combat bonuses.

Which is sad, because in the lore, that axe is one of the most powerful weapons in the world, it was one of Grimnir's weapons.

Props to the original maker of this image. I had to make that lovely joke but I'm terrible.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Beastmen get to skip the "dealing with norsca" phase and go straight to murdering civilization, which is definitely a plus in my book.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Geisladisk posted:

Considering that they're known mostly for giant pyramids and fat, immobile frogs, I doubt it.

Indeed, they only come out of their cities to deal with invaders, pursue raiders that stole some sacred artifact or carry some obscure mission issued by the frogs. They are one of the factions with less reasons to roam the world, alongside Tomb Kings and Chaos Dwarfs.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Triskelli posted:

To be fair, Chaos Dwarfs WANT to take over the world to prove that they're totally relevant and just as cool & edgy as the other Chaos races. It's just that there's only one city's worth Underbite Gnomes in existence, and a million billion Greenskins between them and anyone that actually matters. So right now the Dawi Zharr plan boils down to:

Step 1: Aquire Slaves
Step 2: ????????????
Step 3: Conquer World!

Welp, you're right of course, but you know how greedy the Chorfs are, they need a lot of slaves to forge their warmachines, and the Darklands are choke full of ogres and orcs breeding like crazy, so basically the chaos dwarfs are playing a never-ending game of Pokemon Go (but with slaves). Everybody is happy with this arrangement (except the slaves of course), chorf industrialists get their cheap labor, slavers make a decent profit and orcs&ogres get to fight constantly for fun and profit.

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 27, 2016

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Deified Data posted:

I'll probably do the grand Campaign with Malagor since you have to start the mini-campaign with Khazrak, unless Khazrak's starting bonus is just too good to pass up. The prospect of starting in Estalia is tempting too, since I've never even set foot down there.

Are you guys going with the grand or mini-campaign first?

Mini first, for the grand campaign maybe will pick Malagor but I'm finishing an orc campaign and I'm pretty fed up with the Badlands, so dunno. Maybe starting with Malagor and getting out of the Badlans asap by boat to the border princes and invading the Empire through Wissenland can be a good move, we'll see.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
DLC now unlocked and downloaded, around 3,2 GBs.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Ok, so it seems that the condition you needed to unlock Sarthorael was completing a grand campaign, it just unlocked for me when I entered the game.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Khazrak and the Doom Bull have some really good support chains, also the Bull has some chains that lock other skills, so you now must choose, for example you can get a 2-kill chain that improve army ambush and leadership or recruit costs and xp for recruits, not both.

Also just fighted an ambush against an imperial army more or less equal my numbers, had 3/4 in my favor of autoresolve, all basic units, fighted it manually and got a phyrric victory, nearly wiped out.

drat, beastmen suffer a lot in long grinding battles.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Some of the beastmen campaign mechanics are super strong, the Dark Moon phase that fully replenish your army for two turns at the cost of growth is beastly if you manage to time it after a tough fight, like a siege.

Also, due to the nature of the terrain in the mini-campaign you can do a lot of fuckery, like luring out several enemy armies protecting a settlementent, because they are stronger than you they will chase you a lot through the narrow snaking roads of the forest, then you can use the best paths to mover over the terrain back to the settlement and raze it before the enemy comes back.

My only complaints so far are that minotaurs get shredded by auto-resolve, as always, and attrition caused by chaos corruption is super weak, only kills like one soldier per regiment and it's completely negated by replenishment.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

StarMinstrel posted:

Karl and his allies did that to me a few times as Chaos : they travelled the world to reach me, despite their mainland being sacked and captured by VCs. I felt like I was in Attila all over again running from the horde as visigoths.

It was a fairly common issue with Chaos before, it's supposed to be greatly reduced with this patch though.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Aurubin posted:

Out of curiosity, is the Beastman language a conlang that CA made up or some GW thing? Or are they all speaking Finnish or something pitched really low.

IIRC, both in tabletop and WHRPG lore, the Beastmen speak Dark Tongue and Beast Tongue. The first is the common language used by chaotic creatures, including demons. The latter is a a collection of grunts and animal sounds, usually alongside body gestures, this one is exclusive to Beastmen and can't be used by common humans.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

terrorist ambulance posted:

Beastmen are really fun. I can't wait for wood elves.

Dang, Wood Elves are major assholes. My usual tabletop opponent plays them and we've started playing again recently, my lizards have so many arrows protruding from their bodies now they resemble hosed up porcupines.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Gonkish posted:

For your gratuitous violence needs, Minotaurs charging things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIU6BmuHtI0

The diving rolling tackles are ridiculous and awesome.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

:five:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Bitter Mushroom posted:

I couldn't find a general total war thread, so I'll ask here instead

Do either of the musket era TW games have an active multiplayer community?

The Total War Megathread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3490183

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Khazrak is the true tactical genius of the warhammer multiverse, he infiltrates an entire army into the battlefield.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Four Score posted:

I won't accept any TK LL but Settra and Settra alone, because nobody commands Settra :colbert:

SETTRA DOES NOT SERVE, SETTRA RULES!

Please CA, don't screw up the Tomb Kings.

I guess Nagash should be a faction by itself, he's just that badass, even if he's technichally dead in the grand campaign timeline, death hasn't stopped him before, anyway.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
My internet has been super lovely for the last month, so I'll pass on the tourney, but I am going to follow it, I'm curious to see if someone will be able to beat Yukitsu and be proclaimed the EverGoon Champion.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Regiments of Renown, hell yes! I hope they eventually add the unique flavorful ones, like Long Drong's slayer-pirates, Asarnil and his dragon, the birdmen of Catrazza and the rest.

edit:

Cardiac posted:

Isn't there a Chaos hero Scyla something grim as well?

Scyla Anfinngrim isn't much grim, just a very mean, named, chaos spawn.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Fellblade posted:

It's a Forgeworld model/character so I guess they ignored the lore for the rule of cool.

Basically this, he has like two paragraphs of lore and it can be summed in that she's a misterious special snowflake.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Mukip posted:

Here's the first set of matches I was sent between Yukitsu and Asmodai_00. I forgot that he was a MP newbie so I might have had him face somebody else otherwise.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxL-q9Tcsh-abUpaX0JjUXEzMXVoejdkNjFFeFd0WmYwV3FZ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxL-q9Tcsh-adGl4eXpWcHd6WGdLTU8xcW5MVV85UmdmS1Fj/view?usp=sharing

Here we see Yukitsu in his native element: clubbing baby seals with Wind of Death. And so passes Asmodai_00, son of Asmodai_0; you were too innocent for this world :3:

"Here lies Asmodai_00; Dismembered by the Snow Fox"

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Perestroika posted:

The elves (pre Age of Sigmar) also still have most of their original pantheon hanging around, which in 40k was mostly eaten by Slaanesh. But I think they're under a commandment not to interfere with mortal affairs, so you don't really see them doing a whole lot.

Tell that to Bretonnia.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

SickZip posted:

DLC video on Greek Facebook page.

Ghost and Volkmar

Arch Lector and Strigoi Ghoul King

Mortis Engine (!!!!), Knights of the Blazing Sun, Corpse Cart, Free Company, and Flaggelants
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1184481238280867&id=135465356515799&_rdr

September 1st though...

Holy crap, the Arch Baldie and Battle Pope Volkmar. Take my money, CA.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

ZearothK posted:

Would Vlad replace Mannfred if you pick him at the start? Because I am not sure those two would be on the same side.

Why not? Mannfred was Vlad's most favored son, even though Mannfred went full Starscream and arranged for the theft of Vlad's ring, indirectly causing his untimely death at the hands of the Battle Pope.

Lore-wise, the only wrong part is that Vlad has been dead for three-hundred years at this point, and usually that would make me wanna sperg, but the world has been destroyed by GW, and in the End Times, Nagash ressurrected pretty much every named undead character ever, so I'm cool with it, CA please go hog wild.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Mans posted:

hi CA please make more ORC mini campaigns, unit DLCs, renown units and inflatable dolls tia

New mini campaign! Grom the Paunch invades Ulthuan! Inflatable dolls as loot included, 13,99$, dead elves for free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

BadOptics posted:

Definitely doesn't skip leg/rear end day.

Iron butts and gunpowder are the foundations of the Empire.

• Locked thread