Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Warhammer has always been pretty good with ridiculous hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Jamwad Hilder posted:

they have different spells and look different. that's about it.

There are some more differences, for example the lore of beasts wizards can get a griphon as a mount.

Edit: Beaten like Archaon.

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 25, 2017

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

toasterwarrior posted:

The biggest chariot, pulled by a Mammoth.

also it has blessing of the lady and is a nazi

And with cannons, like the Ogre Kingdoms.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Vlex posted:

I didn't love Bretonnia, but struggled through a Fay Enchantress campaign and started to have a modicum of fun when questing knights and grail units became my mainstay. Suddenly I get the Errantry Wars event and choose greenskins. So I trudge all the way down to the S Badlands and engage, thinking that this will be one hardish battle in a chain leading to a little bump in chivalry.

Smash the Orcs with my doomstack no problems, exit the battle and apparently that was it? A disappointing end to a boring campaign.

Should have chosen Chaos, fighting and trouncing all the big baddies in a single battle is fun.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

John Charity Spring posted:

So getting maximum favour with The Serpent lets you get a Lord of Change of your own, and max favour with The Hound gives... something that they blurred out. Maybe a Bloodthirster lord?

Maybe, I hope the Lord of Change has a mildly unique skill tree instead of being a generic lord with the lore of metal.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Cythereal posted:

Power armor, chainswords, and bolters have shown up in Warhammer Fantasy in the past as Chaos rewards.

Yep, straight out from the old Realm of Chaos books.

In older versions, when 40k and fantasy had similar rules, there was the odd crossover. The one I remember the most was a battle report in a White Dwarf between chaos warriors and 40k orks.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Not really, it's actually a drag because once you run out of enemies to punch in the nearby mountains you will have to chase them across the badlands, which sucks because it's a gigantic pile of nothing. It's far better to peace out and go north to punch stunties, border hummies and hummies with big hats.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Just downloaded the Ultimate Chaos mod and it is pretty good, not sure yet if its balanced (probably not, holy poo poo pink horrors are fun).

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Panfilo posted:

Ultimate Chaos submod is pretty funny with other factions since every enemy decides you bumrush which is fun when you're at a point the game's a little boring.

Are you refering to the AI submod? That was the only one I didn't install, judging by what I read, it turns the AI into blind murderous lemmings and I'm not sure that's actually fun at all.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Nagash old model is considered by many one of the worst models ever made by GW, however it gets a pass in the fancy hat department. The new model is Hat-tastic.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Vampires are really cool about being dead and are pretty good at being revived. Mannfred was deader than disco before being revived by a no-name necromancer and nearly killed again by Gotrek.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I, for one, welcome our new South American space-toad overlords.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Norsca is pretty rad, but with the new patch I'm playing chaos warriors a lot, finally I'll finish the VH vampaign with them.

Speaking of the patch changes, has Belegar/ Clan Angrund received anything new at all?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

quote:

nagash is the hat king of all time

even his faithful servants get giant hats.

In the old Chaos Dwarves lore, the size of the hat is the measure of the power and social status of it's owner, so it totally makes sense that Nagash gets a giant hat and his underlings get increasingly smaller hats in accordance to their status.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
It's probably Seerlord Kritislik, Thanquol's master, head of the Grey Seers and the only Lord of Decay with two votes on the council.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Hordes of skirmishing skinks and very few ( or even zero) saurus was the way to go in 6th/7th. It was a shame because it was anti-lore but it was a pretty effective gimmick.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

unwantedplatypus posted:

The most adorable saurus warriors

They are two skinks in a trench coat.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Psycho Landlord posted:

Probably Starcraft or Diablo, but no series has a fanbase more autismal, that's for sure.

Dota and LoL.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Warhammer has a long history of dumb/bad joke names, I find Mazdamundi especially amusing, even if it is pretty bad.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Cythereal posted:

And let's not forget Luthor Hess (read: Martin Luther), the heretical priest who was probably in league with Chaos.

Playing Warhammer RPG 1st edition adventures with someone who knew german was priceless.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I kinda wish "tall" empires were more of a possible thing in total warhammer, but I guess the turtle-style game was never really a play-style the total war games were good at? The upgrade and research stuff would have to be more fleshed out and so on.

Weirdly, I guess one of the horde factions might be the best choice for that style of game? Wood elves?

You can play tall with some traditional factions as well, the key is stacking skills and traits from lords and agents. I had success doing so, especially with VC and Brettonia.

Btw, what the heck did you do to earn that avatar?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Vargs posted:

I haven't seen any proof that Gejnor isn't a nazi.

He may also be an actual bear.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
This is the best thing ever.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Vlex posted:

Elven and especially Lizardmen magic is some of the best in the game.

We know Skink Priests are in, any word on what Lore they roll with?

Skink priests used the Lore of Heavens. Lizardmen lost access to High Magic in 6th edition (gently caress elves), which was a shame, because it used to be pretty beastly (at least in 5th edition)

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 18, 2017

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Slann are basically goons with phenomenal cosmic powers and access to magic internet all the time.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
My only gripe with adding Ind and Cathay is that the map would become too big.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Any word about preloading? I really hope so because this game is freaking huge.

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Sep 23, 2017

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Most grogs only care about the game/time era that lets them suck their favourite nationalistic penis over and over.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

:allears:

Any word about the pre load schedule?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
In tabletop, the problem with dragons and other similar big monsters/mounts was not their stats but their cost, their cost was so high that they rarely were worth the investment (at least before 8th editon).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
We have a winner.

• Locked thread