Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Mordja posted:

Haha chill your dumb pill, buddy.

People itt get real livid about multiplayer talk for no reason.

I wouldn't call terrorist ambulance people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

That Grey Wizard looks like a perfect model for a Rincewind mod.

Reskin Skarsnik so Rincewind takes Skarsnik's place and The Luggage takes Gobbla's. Gobbla's attack animations should be perfect as is, lots of jumping and eating and stomping. Give him a really high missile parry, and ward save and no spells. Oh also make him the fastest infantry unit in game but he starts the battle broken and fleeing. :v:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Percelus posted:

if we're getting skaven, tomb kings and ogre kingdoms in the first game according to that accurate thus far russian datamine, are we looking at a complete roster of warhammer fantasy by game 2? that would leave game 3 open

open for age of sigmar :whitewater:

Game two is probably going to be western and southern sides, giving us Skaven, High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Tomb Kings, with possibly Araby, Skeggi and Vampire Coast though probably not, they'll most likely be reskins of existing factions retooled as minor players, like Tilea/Estalia/Border Princes. Assume there will be wandering hordes of Greenskins and Beastmen in these new zones because those bastards get everywhere.

Game three will be the eastern side, giving us Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms, and maybe some new Vampire Count and Skaven sides. This will also give us a land route that bypasses Kislev for the wandering Chaos hordes to use on their way to destroy the Empire. And that leads to the final army, Daemons of Chaos. When the third game launches, it'll replace the Chaos Invasion with a new event called The End Times, where Beastmen, Chaos and Daemons all run amok together to try and destroy everything, because GW will have slipped a clause into their contract with CA that makes them have to acknowledge the End Times and Age of Sigmar.

This is purely speculation.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

madmac posted:

Well sorta.

https://steamdb.info/app/364360/dlc/

The two empire wizards took two slots, which means at this point there's only enough left to cover the other remaining FLC, ( Second Promo DLC+Bretts+New Vamp Lord+Old Friend=4) If we get anymore paid DLC (I'm sure we'll get at least one or two) they'll have to add them to Steam first.

As the other guy said though CA has also stated the next two games will have four races each so we'll probably not get anymore major races as DLC.

It's a pretty straight forward split except for Tomb Kings and maybe Skaven, since they are south of the Old World and could technically be slotted for either expansion. I'd bet on Skaven for game 2 just because they give Lizardmen a rival power, though.

Ah ok, I hadn't heard that about the 4 races per expansion. That gives me hope that they'll eventually flesh out Kislev, Estalia, Tilea, the Border Princes etc and sell us dlc to play as them. Or they'll just give us more packs like the King and the Warlord with alternate leaders and starts for existing factions.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Vlex posted:

Don't hold out hope for those factions. They're aiming to include every army that had a book in WHFB. Kislev, Estalia, Tilea, and the Border Princes do not, nor do Chaos Dwarfs for that matter.

I want to believe. :negative:

However, Chaos Dwarfs were mentioned by name in that dataleak from way back so we're probably getting them.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

gently caress yeah!

e:

This may be counteracted by this?

Probably not, all Beast Lairz do is give three ranks and a moderate recruiting discount to cavalry in that province. About time it was updated to boost Squigs too.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

I'm pretty sure as the Dwarfs you shouldn't be war-ing the humans if you can help it...

What? No. Wrong. Those loving lanky shits shortchanged you 2 pennies 100 years ago for that castle you built for them. gently caress them and gently caress their manling loving coins, it's time to take what is rightfully owed.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Eschatos posted:

Nah, I can run through the Empire pillaging every other city without getting caught. Why would I stop? I am sending my weak baby Chaos army up north though for some easy razing. The worst aspect of playing Chaos is easily the slow army growth.

Take the Grand Alliance tour into the Badlands, get the Greenskins to join in. Hopefully against both sides for maximum comedy.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Lassitude posted:

CA doesn't seem to be comprised of paint-huffing clownshoes so I think fake Robin Hood and Chaos Dwarf hats are never to be seen again.

Some things really are too beautiful for this world :(

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Eschatos posted:

Now I'm switching things up to try out the Orks. Crushing the other Ork factions is easy but Dwarves are wrecking my poo poo. I never really had to learn to fight Dwarves as other factions, but now I got no choice. How do I deal with their super-tough infantry? Even when I had a unit of Ork Boys in melee with a unit of standard Dwarvish infantry, along with wolf archers shooting arrows into their backs the whole time and sneaky stabbing casts every time it came off cooldown, my unit still broke first. Am I pretty much just hosed without superior numbers?

Orcs can take Dwarves, but you'll need to work for it. Drop orc boys for big 'uns ASAP. Those sneaky stabbas are gonna need to be flanking so they'll give the dwarves a leadership penalty. Cycle charge them in the back with boar boys, flank with sneaky stabbas or night goblins for poison debuffs. Trolls are good but will run easily, keep them with your warboss. Get your warboss stuck in and make sure to upgrade his leadership aura ASAP, you'll have less boys running that way. Pray to Gork and Mork that you get a shaman from an event or build a shaman via the stupidly high shaman hut building, both goblin and orc shamans can buff your boys and goblins can debuff the enemy. Shaman buffs are game changers, shaman damage spells are kinda meh.

Really it's just practice practice practice, save scum some fights to see what works or go ahead and do some custom battles. You'll pick up orc tactics for crushing stunties pretty quick.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

toasterwarrior posted:

Trying to figure out which characters are the "super-Legendary" Lords for each race. You know, LLs that are deliberately overpowered for lore reasons, like Vlad von Carstein for the vampires and Grombrindal for the Dwarfs.

Empire could go with Valten, Bretonnia could have the Green Knight/Gilles le Breton if they don't add Legendary Heroes, but the Greenskins have me stumped.

Greenskins don't have one because that kind of cheating is weedy and grot-like. :orks:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

sauer kraut posted:

Pay for the wall upgrade in every village and install the +50% movement in own territory mod?

I keep seeing people bitching and moaning about chasing enemy armies and then saying they installed a mod to fix the "problem." Are you people just not using agents or ambush stance or even a bait army? I feel like I'm playing a different game, I have no mods yet I can catch enemy armies with ease just by using an agent to go gently caress up their movement. Sure, sometimes it fails and sometimes the agent dies, but it's really not that hard to build another and go send him to gently caress with the enemy army again. What am I missing that makes this such a huge problem that people can't use the existing options in the game and need to mod it?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

peer posted:

I wish they'd at least made beastmen giants have cow heads :(

I mean, they went to the effort of making their chaos spawn look different

edit: I know beastmen giants are a little different from their WoC counterparts, but still. Shoulda gone for cow head.

Should have skipped the giant entirely and added the Ghorgon instead.

He's only a little bigger than a giant.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Lassitude posted:

I actually modded that out. It was weird to me that skeletons march in sync but nothing else does. Are skeletons less autonomous than zombies? I find the inconsistency jarring (because I am a huge nerd).

what the gently caress

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Phrosphor posted:

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if expansion 3 deleted all the content from 1 and 2 and replaced it with STORMCAST ETERNALS(tm) and STEAMHEAD DURADIN(tm)

for the love of god don't give them any ideas

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

I am an Aussie and Bretonnia is unlocked right now without any preordering, and has probably been unlocked since 10am eastern.

Mate in the US has to wait ten hours though.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

:black101:

Best fight in the game, best race in the game.

I wouldn't call Chaos the best

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

oswald ownenstein posted:

Boar riders suck rear end IMO. Too slow but very mediocre as shock cav. - AI quarrelers will shred them.

I screen mine with gobbo wolves so the goblins take the majority of the fire while the boars trundle up to hit things. Peel the gobbos off at the last minute, sometimes the archers will turn to keep shooting them and your boars can hit them in the flank, otherwise just take the gobbos around behind the archers while the boars smash them in the front.

Boar boy big 'uns are one of the best greenskin units, hands down. Regular boar boys, not so much but they won't die as fast to archers thanks to their shields. Need to play around with the newly buffed savage boars to see how they stack up.

Gejnor posted:

You will need The King and the Warlord DLC since i changed the Waaghs that spawned to be the same kind that Skarsnik gets, just an fyi.

Speaking of spamming mods, did you make the toned down blood dlc mod? If not, anyone got a link to it? Kind of sick of my blokes looking like they had cans of red paint thrown on them. It doesn't even make them go faster. :(

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Now is not the time for dancing Mr Jackson!

Also I don't know what is going on lately, but I'm getting a lot more bad traits for bad reasons (slaughter dwarf garrison while personally leading the charge into their lines, receive Timid. Massacre nothing but dwarf armies and garrisons for 20 turns, receive Likes Dwarfs.) and my battles where I'll kill 95% of the enemy army while losing 10% or so are being reported as close or pyrrhic. What is happening CA?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

theDOWmustflow posted:

Oh right, totally forgot re: Cygors.

Aww really? In the video at the top (e: of the previous page), there's a Bone Giant Archer sniping the Demigryph Knights. Guess it's fan wishful thinking.

Nah, Bone Giants got a bow option in 8th edition when GW changed their name from Bone Giant to NECROLITH COLOSSUS. Between them, bow Ushabti and the screaming skull catapult Tomb Kings should have some nasty heavy range damage when they get added in like a year or two.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Are ogres like real huge I get that ok cannon like a human uses a carbine but are we talking like an early cannon or american civil war or just generic "cannon".

Check the ogres in the background firing cannons at the caravan.

Also fluff says they just pick up a regular Empire or Dwarf great cannon, fill it full of scrap metal and enemy weapons and tote that thing around like a giant blunderbuss.

I think for the models they made the cannons a bit shorter than the Empire/Dwarf artillery. Sawed-off cannons if you will.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

JBP posted:

They're big fuckers. They're already in the game for the boring faction though.

Dwarfs don't get them though?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Indecisive posted:

Aw man, started a greenskin campaign and started out really well, got the first province in like 5 turns and by like 10 or 15 had a full army and waagh bashing on the dwarfs home base trying to rush them down early, but I couldn't pull off the seige. We busted in the front door and killed like half the defenders but the waagh suicided most of its units on the defenders where I wasn't fighting and I couldn't finish it off. Now thorgrim and the barak varr are tag teaming me and I missed the opportunity :(

That's exactly what I do to get my Greenskin games rolling well. Having the Silver Road and Death Pass puts you in prime position for beating up your choice of target. Have you tried autoresolving the siege on the dwarf capital? I find with a decent stack of boys and a waaagh army as backup Grimgor will take their city with minimal casualities, and you avoid a siege with poo poo tier units vs dwarfs on walls. If you'd rather fight the battle properly then uh, good luck I guess. :v:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Ammanas posted:

nah dudes, taking territory is for later. build up Grimgor and sack the hell out of the badlands. You'll have 40k in no time, then it's time to build 3 more armies and just stomp all over everyone

Kill the dwarfs as soon as possible or you'll end up with doomstacks of Thorgrim, Ungrim and the White Dwarf loving you forever and ever, never dying, always coming back, always more annoying. Kill the dwarfs early, kill the dwarfs fast. Kill the dwarfs.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Hryme posted:

How do you guys deal with all the armies running around in march mode just outside of the range of being able to be attacked? I feel all I do in this game is chase armies around. I am only able to fight siege battles. I guess the only chance is the block army action?

Use an agent to foul up their movement. Get a weaker army with a strong one in ambush stance near it, or put your army in ambush stance near a juicy undefended town.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Speaking of ogres with cannons

So before the ogres moved in, their mountain homeland was inhabited by the Sky Titans, dudes bigger than giants who lived in fancy castles inside the tops of mountains. Things were going pretty sweet for them until the ogres came westward and ate most of them. The ones who survived ended up inbreeding and devolving into the retarded children we see in the game as giants. That cannon the ogre is operating is a Sky Titan's artillery piece.

The catapult is a bunch of scrap barely holding together constructed by the ogre slave race, gnoblars. Gnoblars are smaller and more cowardly than goblins, and where ogres go, gnoblars aren't too far behind. The sooner ogres are added to the game, the better.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

jfood posted:

There's actually an entirely unsubtle Mongol horde stand-in, made up of Goblins. They have khans and stuff.

Whoa whoa whoa

Hobgoblins thank you very much

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

hahaha was that it

no sound and just some dark elves and high elves in the jungle

lmao

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Southlands. Southlands confirmed. That means the superior undead, the Tomb Kings are probably coming as a dlc faction.

Just need game three for the Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs now.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Maybe make it so Skaven can hold bigger stacks then everyone else. I want it to be good that holding lots of trash is better for them.

As Skaven armies fight, they gain notoriety. When the notoriety meter fills, they will spawn an AI army of skavenslaves.

Or maybe CA will surprise us and not just give them a reskinned Waaagh/Brayherd mechanic.

Aurubin posted:

Is this an Ogre Maneater emulating a Slann? Or is that just what I want it to be?

That is exactly what it is.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Maybe skaven will be able to summon poo poo slaves like with zombies.

Actually that could work. Skaven are everywhere, win a battle with the right conditions and you can lure in some skaven who think they're less likely to get killed if they stick with you. Just not sure what the condition to cause recruitment spots like raise dead areas would be. Heroic victories maybe? Or just keep it as number of dead as the rats swarm in to feast on the corpses I guess.

It's still gonna be reskinned waaagh armies

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

We ain't getting the ogre or chaos dwarf lands in this update. :(

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

All out? We've still got the "Old Friend" teaser to be released. And then game 2 that combines with game 1 to make some sort of megagame is happening. Plus the DLC for game 2. And eventually game 3.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Necroskowitz posted:

So how long until someone buys a custom Slann-themed :frogout:?

That one is Slann themed.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Yep, if they even wanted to they could pull some of the daemon stuff from End Times or dip their toes into the new stuff from Age of Sigmar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

every time you're thinking of doing one of these, you can just, like, not do one instead. try it out!

• Locked thread