Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Reik posted:

Is there ever a reason to take Longbeards (Great Weapons) or Dwarven Warriors (Great Weapons) over Hammerers if you're not worried about upkeep? Would Longbeards be better on the flanks to help with morale issues caused by charging cavalry?

They all do the same thing, flanking, but get better with price so Hammerers are much better at it. I don't think any of them should be dealing with cavalry, that's for missiles and troops that can hold the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
The best siege assault tactic for dwarfs is to just shoot everyone manning the walls with your quarrelers and artillery, right?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
If you have the standard gaps between your infantry squares the enemy will surround it, which gives a clear shot into their flank for your missiles without ever moving.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Raged posted:

What do dwarfs have to build to get walls on settlements? My settlements are all lvl 2. The only thing I have found under defense the watch room and guard room which I have found out the hard way do not give me walls.

The guard hall definitely gives walls to the settlement you build it in. Recheck that or you're bugged, alternatively there's mods that gives walls from upgrading your settlement level.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
This works for me

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694752717&searchtext=

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I started Dota 2 for the first time and i didn't get poo poo? I preordered from green man gaming, does that matter?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
You are fast. All gone now, sorry! Thanks :cool:

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Has anyone seen the AI Dwarfs recruit Grombrindal? I'm playing as Belegar, and when i confederate with the Dwarfs only Thorgrim and Ungrim are there.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
A quick way to set it up is to use ctrl + arrow keys to increase your melee units ranks to maximum, put them in a line, then decrease their rank again. Now there are gaps you can place the ranged units behind.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I predict i'll try to have a bunch of allies as the wood elves, so what is the rule for when allies attack each other again? I know that if i decline to join the attacker i get a relation hit, our treaties break and my reputation suffers. What happens if i join the attacker, and what happens if i join the defender? I hope that helping the defender won't get me a rep hit.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Oh what, i can't confederate with Durthu as Orion and opposite? So i only have one legendary lord, while others have 4 :(

Edit: Oh yeah, my bad thanks.

Party In My Diapee fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 8, 2016

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I've had great success as dwarves by just shooting everything on the walls to death from the ground, so i imagine the elves can do the same.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
What are the wild hunt events that Durthu misses out on?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Plavski posted:

Holky gently caress Time Commanders is back tonight: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b084xym1

And they have TW superstar Lionheartx as one of the contestants.

And they have Mike Loades and Lynette Nusbacher back again!!!

Ahhhh so excite!

Are they using Rome 1 again?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

sassassin posted:

But do they take equally fewer hits against them if targeted by opposing missile troops at the same time?

Seems to me like a lot less arrows get blocked shooting into the forest, so you're at a disadvantage.

How do i know if the archers are getting the forest buff anyway? I put them on the forest edge so the trees don't block everything, but i'm not sure where on the edge the forest terrain stops.

Party In My Diapee fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 14, 2016

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
What's the difference between deepwood scouts and waywatchers?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
The only bonus that doesn't apply to waywatchers here is starlight craftsman, so the eternal guard is at best good for just one lord. Otherwise, waywatchers does everything better.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Battles would be much more fun if magic and artillery caused bigger, badder explosions.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
So i don't lose the list of ancestor bonuses again

https://imgur.com/a/rAfe0

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Does the AI need to unlock legendary lords to recruit them, like a player has to? I want to confederate Mannfred and his two buddies, but he is still stuck in Drakenhof so if he has to unlock them i'll be waiting a looong time before he recruits them and i can unite Sylvania.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Sigmar be damned, the luminark is almost useless now! How can you be obstructed on a flat plain, and why are you just staring at the enemy when it says you are firing? Got two shots off before it died to the rampaging spider it was supposed to kill so the empire is struggling against monsters now.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Why would you use infantry against cavalry when you have demigryphs with halberds?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I would play that except i always need Middenheim as my cavalry province and Wissenland as my artillery/infantry province ASAP. Marienburg also needs to die.

And Luminarks don't loving work good, so i won't play empire with no good anti-monster options.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Ammanas posted:

Can you imagine if they tried double or triple dipping on that though? I'm no dlc partisan but holy poo poo people would go nuts and would be right

I bet the only reason they didn't try is because it would be too hard mechanically to have one blood pack for each game when you combine them together in the megacampaign.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Did they fix the luminark without saying?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
A ratling gunner was in the trailer

1:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfAQ8Cyqlzo

LemonAIDS posted:

That's a warpfire thrower

Oh, okay then. Seems to serve the same function at least

Skaven "cavalry"

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Doom-Flayer

Party In My Diapee fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
The skaven artillery is really disappointing no matter how you use it if you've played Beginning of the end times for Medieval 2. There you had the awesome WW1 tech/fall of the samurai massive death and explosions, but these skaven seem comparable to the empire.

• Locked thread