Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Have they made any indication in posts/social media that they intend to fix the spell scaling? Magic damage feels pretty useless if you don't play on one of the smaller unit settings currently. For VC the only reason to really recruit a Necromancer over a Vampire currently is to turn him into a money lord through the blue line passives.

Edit: Thats a really nice first post OP, thanks for putting it all together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Did they ever fix magic damage scaling vs unit size or do you still need to grab a mod to fix it?

Ugh I hate that I won't have internet at home till this weekend.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I've decided I don't know how to fight battles with Orcs..

Trying to do actual combat with orcs against dwarves and I lose half my army with a 75/25% split.

Then autoresolve is like 5% losses..

I mean, I march my guys up, archers first, start peppering, charge my orcs up to meet their warriors, flank from the sides with black orcs and orc boys and pepper their quarrellers with rock lobbers/doom divers but still getting just stomped hard.

Autoresolve is not a very good indicator, I dont know the specifics but from what I have seen if you have more numbers, even if the units you are going against are better quality, you will end up with better percentage. Plus T1 dwarf unit stats are beastly to begin with so they are a tough opponent.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
They posted a new teaser on their social media of a letter written in what appears to be blood with some smudged and its in cursive so this is the best I could get.

To the Gravelord,

I hope the carrier bird was successful in delivering you this message. Under normal circumstances I would have communed with you via arcane means. The risk of interception (blurred) in this case. It seems the Witch Hunters continue (blurred) disrupt such spells. So to keep our plans covert I have put blood to paper (this is blurred but what it looks like).

As you predicted he has given chase. My brothers and I will lead him a merry dance around the Old World if we have to. While he is drawn towards my mischief your own plans will be unshackled (I think its unshackled). I hope this proves beyond doubt that I am your worthy servant and that the secret knowledge you promised to impart will at last be mine.

I dare not say too much more in case the Witch Hunters, using more mundane methods, intercept this letter and this missive finds its way into their hands. Yet I feel this last warning must be given - I hear whispers that another who bears your name is abroad once again. If such rumors do not prove false, then we must prepare. It will be the ring that has brought him back - therein lies the source of his powers.

Your obedient servant,

big red smudge

FlyingCowOfDoom fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 22, 2016

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Could they be setting up Vlad as the bad guy of the Wood Elf stuff coming up as that was data mined as the next bigger paid DLCs? I know nothing about Fantasy lore.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Baron Porkface posted:

Are there any major outstanding bugs? I want to wait until the 1st, but I'm super tempted to start my beastmen campaign now...

None that I have run into or seen anything about at this stage.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
So they've gotta make a similar DLC for Dwarves and Greenskins right?

Also I can't remember which quest it is exactly, but has anyone actually gotten Karl Franz to fight the 4/5 times against Greenskins for one of his quests? By the time I level up for that the Greenskins are usually well contained to the badlands and I'm dealing with VC/other Empire bits/Chaos and have no chance to send Franz to the south.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Aurubin posted:

Wonder if it's some half assed invite to be a beta tester or something. I am curios as to how the Wood Elves will work in the grand campaign. Either they redesign Athel Loren as its own discrete region like in Empire Total War, or they make it so the campaign goals are different than the rest. Keep Bretonnia intact to preserve the buffer? I kinda like the latter idea.

The actual sign up page for the drawing says it is NOT for an in game item so that sounds like its not a drawing for early access to the DLC, unless I am reading this wrong.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Was there ever an explanation as to why player armies have to respect AI Army area of control but AI can just stroll past your armies? That is really the only thing that annoys me with this game, that AI armies can attack and force march and are almost impossible to engage unless you have a full turns warning and setup an ambush. Can't wait for the Elves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
gently caress yeah, High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizards and Skaven. Rock on.

• Locked thread