Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Any tips for not getting my poo poo comprehensively pushed in by Bretonnia? Their knights just marmalise me every time, by a ratio of like 6:1. I've only just got access to knights - and I have that one unit of Reiksguard I've been carefully preserving since the start - nothing that can compete with 300 of the bastards stamping all over my lovely spearmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

Checkerboard with rifles -- your units are thick enough to brace most charges so spears can do work, and rifles pretty much melt their knights.

LGD posted:

Also consider upgrading from men with pointy sticks to men with sticks that have a sweet can opener attachment (Halberds).

terrorist ambulance posted:

Make sure your spears are braced (not moving) when they get charged.

Ta. Sounds like I need to junk some of these older units and spend a bit more on their replacements. They were ploughing through orcs with no difficulty, but I guess poo poo is getting real now.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Fans posted:

Select everyone you want to march in formation and press Control + G. It'll force them to maintain formation when moving.

This should be added to the FAQs in the OP. I don't remember the game even mentioning it.

• Locked thread