Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
A unit which is monster and siege engine in one, sounds really fun. I also wish giants could throw boulders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

peer posted:

DLC steam page is up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/404013/

Mortis Engine looks pretty impressive in the screenshot.

Trailer is up too. The model and animation of that thing is top notch.

This looks like a really cool DLC and at a fair price too.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Reading through that I feel that it would have been way better if a regiment that reaches max veterancy has a chance to get a special regiment title and a random perk (from of a table of appropriate ones).

I wonder if that would be moddable.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 15, 2016

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Archonex posted:

So this game has some great mods. Since there isn't a thread to post about them I guess i'll do it here.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=765762123&searchtext=

She also has a set of unique summons and a unique model for both her and her dread guard.

Any idea if the model was already in the code ? I thought modders couldn't import their own model and animations yet ?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Shouldn't Aspiring Champions, Marauder Horsemasters and Manticores be available for Chaos since the patch ? I don't see them in the QB army roster.

Edit: Nevermind - after DLing Wurrzag they showed up.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 21, 2016

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

brocretin posted:

Did you grab Wurrzag? I think they're packaged with him for some reason.

That fixed it, thanks.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Things I do for that Grombrindal key....

I haven't set foot into a Games Workshop store in over 10 years. I expected the cozy embrace of social awkwardness and the smell of nerd sweat. Instead my out of shape, generation X-er body was bathed in the cold, hard neon light of the 2000s, while the fit and sharply dressed millennial shop clerks scrutinized my every step.

This new world scares and confuses me. I feel old now.....

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 28, 2016

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I have a 20% rebate code left from the Grombrindal card:

T004T-B0ZKA-C683X

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Considering how fleshed out the Wood Elves DLC sounds (Eagles, treemonsters, treemen, green dragon...), it really stresses how much the Beastmen need their Harpies, Jabberslythes and Ghorgons.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

China would be interesting for history aficionados, but I think it has less appeal to a Western audience.

American Civil War would be great and I would play that. Especially if it has an rpg like system for the generals of that era, together with all their quirks and follies.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

xthetenth posted:

They really should do the high middle ages into the early modern, just because a tercio done in total war would be the coolest drat thing.

Actually now that you mention it...

They said in the article it's an era they have never done before. Medieval 2 has unlimited turns, but I think the technology progress ends somewhere in the early 15th century. Empire - Total War begins in 1700.

So this could be a setting somewhere between 1450 - 1700.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Ammanas posted:

I really want them to make a real-time strat map ala Hearts of Iron

Plus the diplomacy from EU IV.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

V for Vegas posted:

ACW is one of the most popular time periods for historical games, plus they have all the mechanics for it ready to go - easy money. They would be mad not to do it.

They really gotta adapt the campaign map for that though. Zones of control, supply, fortifications....and so on.

Otherwise the game would be over quickly if the Confederate player keeps pushing towards Washington after winning at Bull Run.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

PcGamesN has an actual Wood Elves gameplay vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMyiT3WKcpg

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Alternative comedy option:
Dominions Total War

Dibs on Late Age R'lyeh....

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Some D&D Forgotten Realms setting would work too - but on the battle map it would not look that different from what we already have with Warhammer.

Priests and more cleric magic would be cool though....

dtkozl posted:

They should do a Black Company total war where every ruler is an insane evil wizard and you are just a mercenary captain trying to make his nut

But what if I want to rule as insane evil wizard ?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Sept. 28th already ? That's a good deal earlier than I expected.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

So what is missing now ? Tomb Kings, Chaos Demons, Ogre Kingdoms ?

I wonder if these will be DLC or another full game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Panfilo posted:

I don't know how I feel about the climate system. It seems like it will take away from unique occupation methods. Wood elves, for example would be at a disadvantage in the grand campaign if they could only build t1 outposts when other races could build full settlements.

Instead I feel like it should be dynamic:
Empire: can occupy Brettonia, and Vampire Counts; colonist subfaction can occupy coastal settlements like Norsca currently can, though limited to t2.
Brettonia: can occupy Empire, Vampire Counts, and Tomb Kings (when added)
Vampire Counts: Can occupy other human settlements, Tomb Kings and any coastal settlement that has some minimum amount of Vampiric corruption.
Dwarves: can occupy Greenskin, Skaven, and any territory that was once a former dwarf hold that other factions might be occupying.
Greenskins: Can occupy Dwarf, Chaos Dwarf,and Skaven settlements. Can also occupy Norscan and dark elf native ports.
Wood Elves: Can set up t1 outposts everywhere and treat other elf settlements like their own home areas. However, enemy movement penalties and attrition only apply in their 'home' areas and not some dump like Naggaroth.
High Elves: Can occupy other native elf settlements (but not wood elf outposts or dark elf slave ports)
Dark Elves: Can occupy other native elf settlements as well as any coastal settlement if you have a black ark nearby. This becomes a slave port max t2
settlement.
Tomb Kings: Can occupy Vampire count native settlements and former Tomb King territories controlled by Araby/Brettonian crusaders.
Chaos Dwarfs: Can occupy Dwarf, Greenskin, Norscan and Skaven settlements.

With this every faction has a means to establish a toe hold on other regions and most can capture ports of many different races.

I guess a lot of this stuff can/will get modded in by the time we get the merged campaign map.

• Locked thread