Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Their twitter hasn't changed from saying it'll release at 4PM GMT. This could just be a preload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Yeah that totally worked; awesome.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

they should be able to buy an army from you as mercenaries

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

drat that's nice

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

everyone in the old world has such strong necks!

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

hey hey guys

guess who's weak?

nagash lol

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

hmm is anyone else excited for this game cos i am

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

i think warhams 2 is shaping up to be a really good game. if anyone here knows someone who works for ca, tell 'em they get a thumbs up from me!

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

im gonna tell them you said it sucks

oh you git

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Gonkish posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6wfx44/til_use_j_to_supercharge_your_cyclecharging/

I just learned two things. There's a keybind (default is J) for "about face" (turn 180 degrees), and if you use it on cavalry it makes them pull out of combat, run ~30 yards away, and turn back around ready to charge again.

There's literally a hotkey to cycle charge? How did I miss this in all my time in total war?

this needs way more attention

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

sassassin posted:

Because British devs consider hiding mechanics like this a part of the fun/difficulty.

I did some work for Sports Interactive for a few years and the number of mechanics they hide from players - or outright lie about in the in-game tips - is staggering, and 100% intentional.

you're right, it's not a "difficulty in presenting an encyclopedias worth of information to a user without them feeling overwhelmed" issue, it's a nationality one

the gently caress

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

sassassin posted:

Do you believe that cultural preferences in game-design don't exist? Japanese games and Polish games and American games all sing from the exact same hymn sheet?

you are saying that all british devs sing from the same hymn sheet.

your experience with the makers of football manager is no basis for a cultural stereotyping about the british design ethos.

i have no idea what you're doing

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

For other Warhams news, Vermintide 2 just got announced. The sound effects are squelchy, so maybe it's Lizardmen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxXonDaGOxA

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Sirbloody posted:

I have had an itch to play this game but I just read about Warhammer 2, should I wait for that release?

in no way, the base game is still insanely good. the expansion is just another few continents and will (in a couple months) merge with the base game for one insane-o huge map

play warhams 1 now, it is great and the sequel is horizontal development, not vertical

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

"The rite cannot be performed: This rite will become available after 30 turn(s)".

CA, get your technical writer some more coffee!

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Frankly posted:

Awh no way! Thanks for the tip.

Also I'm looking to build a new PC that can handle Total Hams 2, what sort of rig do you guys who play on Ultra have?

Just get a 1080 and a modern quad core. You'll be fine

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Raygereio posted:

I think we can all agree that the CA dev who put this idle animation in is a mad genius.

not enough love for this

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/rockpapershot/status/912316554427211776

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-25-total-war-warhammer-2-review

"It's taken nearly two decades, but they've finally nailed it. Warhammer 2 is Total War perfected."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Sprechensiesexy posted:

Just gonna leave this here

chevy chase?

• Locked thread