Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Two questions...

1) For those of you guys who have played a lot of the older Total War games. How is CA's track record on patching / fixing things. Can we reasonably expect them to address the various problems with certain units being over/underpowered or is that doubtful?

2) For those of you who played Warhammer on the table-top long after I had stopped playing. Were Empire Demigryph knights ridiculous there too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Fangz posted:

They already said that a rebalance patch is coming, but that they are still investigating what exactly needs to be done.

I know they're working on a patch, but I'm asking what their track record is for actually seeming to properly fix things based on how they handled the older games.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
So I've been away from the game for several months due to mainly work and other games occupying my time. Plan to start playing it again this weekend. Over Christmas I said "gently caress it" and picked up various DLC. What I'm wondering is if there are any "must-have" mods or which mods are good to add some aesthetic variety to the forces?

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Lookin for some advice.

Currently slowly playing through my first multiplayer game with my buddy. He's played a ton of Empire and me a ton of VC so we both looked for something different. He settled on Dwarfs and so to keep that theme going I went with Clan Angrund. My problem is that I'm stuck barely holding on against the loving Wood Elves now that they've eradicated Bretonnia and I keep getting teamed up on by them and Skarsknik. So what usually happens is that they show up and we end up fighting horrific battles where I barely win and wipe them out, but since I've only got my one lovely province I can barely hold on to by the time I get my army rebuilt I end up having to engage in another cataclysmic battle with them and we end up at square one again. I often end up getting pushed back to Karak Izor as well. My friend sent his main force with Grombrindal over to help out but even with him here it's a freakin nightmare.

Any tips on dealing with the pointy eared twerps?

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
I'm thinking they'd really have to. I don't know if you'd NEED the Man O' War license to use the ships from the lore. Hell just last night I noticed that when the dwarves embark an army it's the little Nautilus sub from Man O' War :kiddo:.

No naval battles with them adding Ulthuan, Naggaroth, and Lustria would be pretty stupid. Just would be curious what kind of vessels they'd give to races that never really had much described for them like the Undead.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Super 3 posted:

Isn't all of Bretonnian religion/grail hype based on WELF trickery too? Hence some of the WELF skills to increasing diplomacy with them.

This is all End Times bullshittery, which any real Warhammer fan would know is complete garbage and truly non-canonical. It, along with all the other End Times stupidity, is essentially the ravings of a terminal patient on hospice care.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Psycho Landlord posted:

You've had this said to you like three times already, but for real, none of the Welf/Bret relationship was created by the end times, only confirmed.

Say it to me one more time! :)

This must've been something they added after I stopped playing then. Back in my day you youngsters worshiped the lady as her own thing not some pointy eared stupidity! :corsair:

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
I was told that naval combat was shot down in the game largely due to them not having the rights. Was this confirmed?

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Haven't played the game in a couple months and feeling the itch to get back into it. Are there any good/recommended mods to tack on? Either for cosmetic purposes or for balancing / shoring up areas of the game that are kinda lacking or lackluster? Magic was always kind of hit or miss for instance.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Ham Sandwiches posted:

For those asking about mods I've tried a bunch and SFO is maybe the single biggest change from vanilla because the AI fields serious stacks all game long. It's to the point where I'd love to be able to run some of my normal campaign mods with SFO but given the choice I'll just run SFO since it's the one that most improves the gameplay.

No more garbage fights, I can't even begin to describe how much that changes things. It didn't matter if you were on VH / VH with better campaign AI and recruitment mods the AI just couldn't / wouldn't field real armies. With SFO it does.

Went and looked up SFO. Definitely sounds interesting and something I'll definitely check out. But for the moment it sounds like a pretty massive rework of the game (which I can get the argument that the game needs to some extent). That being said I'm more interested in any minor mods/tweaks at the moment if you have anything you can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

madmac posted:

Let me go dig up my mod list and see what I can suggest.

Thanks a ton! Gonna look into these!

• Locked thread