Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
can't get shatner for the special i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

this show ruled front to back

also, HHH is gonna say something on facebook in 15 minutes, hopefully it won't be boring https://www.facebook.com/WWENXT/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh sweet, a Breaking Ground epilogue? Awesome.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Not a bad match on the card, great show. I do think that cage matches should be reserved for Takeovers like Brooklyn, where they can use the big show's cage though, and not that thing.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Reminder that Triple H is going to be in a live interview in 15 minutes on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tripleh

Expecting Bobby Roode talk if nothing else.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh sweet, a Breaking Ground epilogue? Awesome.

Gonna be good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Go RV! posted:

this show ruled front to back

also, HHH is gonna say something on facebook in 15 minutes, hopefully it won't be boring https://www.facebook.com/WWENXT/

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Stephanie sold her shares in NXT to a Consortium, and the Consortium was Bruce Tharpe!"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That was a fun takeover.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

eljackass posted:

They either bring it all along with them, or have their own sources. Like if you'd try to order a hurricane fence locally, they usually wouldn't even have the poo poo in stock, or on short notice:) The always bring that stuff along with 'em, last event I worked had 12 trucks! 6-8 semis is the norm, mostly. They don't take any risks anymore :)

E: I sure wish Finn woulda won, but he might be getting called up too, so who knows

I figured as much, I just always kind of wonder how WWE gets all their strange stuff, like a giant cage that has a top strong enough to handle a 350 lb klutz with a dislocated shoulder and a concussion taking bumps on it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Poor Tyler :(

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Great matches from top to bottom. Crowd seemed more invested in the first three than the last two, and the camerawork wasn't always getting the best shots, but this was an excellent show.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I thought that match was actually pretty underwhelming.

Glad you guys enjoyed it though.

Now we need Jizz Salami to get the strap.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I thought that match was actually pretty underwhelming.

Glad you guys enjoyed it though.

Now we need Jizz Salami to get the strap.

Definitely wasn't my favorite match of the night, but I'm glad it ended in the ring

never did care much for cage matches honestly

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Platypus Farm posted:

Okay so I only really was able to watch the asuka and nakamura matches. Two things:

1) I'm pretty sure nakamura kicked out AFTER a 3 count following one of aries's rope dives. Like he very clearly kicked out after three.

2) either Nia Jax has been coached in really selling the gently caress out of concussion eyes, or asuka knocked her stupid with that last shot. That was so goddamn brutal.

Oh and yeah the main event was really good, horrible camera work notwithstanding. Joe is a goddamn muscle busting war god
Well Asuka is pretty well known for stiffing people

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Tino Sabbatelli is former Tampa Bay defensive back Sabby Piscitelli, which is an even more loving Italian name

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
That was an awesome PPV.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i haven't liked many cage matches on tv but i always love them live

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i felt bad for tito at the NXT Seattle show because no one gave a poo poo about him against the local competitor, and were somewhat hostile towards him which seemed undeserved (though i have no idea who he is either)

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

achillesforever6 posted:

Well Asuka is pretty well known for stiffing people

Well, yeah, but that was... I don't know. Seems like the match was supposed to go on longer than it did, but after the scream, asuka just flattened her out and the doctor was there ten seconds later. I've always thought people were sort of overreacting to asuka potatoing people, but... poo poo.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gable rocking the old school Four Horsemen short :allears:

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Tweak posted:

i felt bad for tito at the NXT Seattle show because no one gave a poo poo about him against the local competitor, and were somewhat hostile towards him which seemed undeserved (though i have no idea who he is either)

I was at the house show where he botched against Apollo Crews and nobody really knew or cared who he was

Granted, Crews had been in NXT for only a couple months at that point so they weren't gonna cheer anyone against him

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand

Needs More Ditka posted:

I figured as much, I just always kind of wonder how WWE gets all their strange stuff, like a giant cage that has a top strong enough to handle a 350 lb klutz with a dislocated shoulder and a concussion taking bumps on it.

Their road crew has indeed been doing it for years and years! Also especially when there's pyro involved. They accept no substitutes, even the slightest piece of wrong hardware could gash someone, rip their finger off, or God forbid kill them. Heck if they order the wrong kind of hurricane fence, they've been known to send it back and pay the restocking fee! Just cannot risk any accidents anymore, or even someone getting shredded.

I've always been Local crew, not on the road :) WWE crew has been some of the most professional and talented ones that I've ever worked with.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Platypus Farm posted:

Well, yeah, but that was... I don't know. Seems like the match was supposed to go on longer than it did, but after the scream, asuka just flattened her out and the doctor was there ten seconds later. I've always thought people were sort of overreacting to asuka potatoing people, but... poo poo.

The last fire up before succumbing to strikes isn't an uncommon Japanese finish so I think that was the planned end. But yeah, Nia might be concussed right now.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

This show better be a backdoor pilot for a Nakamura reality show.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Hits to the temple and back of the head can both be dangerous :( I sure hope Nia Jax was selling hard...

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

"Does it look like I need to do abs" ohhhhh Baron

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dr. rear end posted:

"Does it look like I need to do abs" ohhhhh Baron

Still cracks me up

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

canyon cemen

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

triple h live: https://www.facebook.com/tripleh/videos/10154391297604683/

"we've transitioned from being a developmental brand to being our own brand... NXT is its own brand now. We are now, full-blown, NXT-the-brand, and that is what this marked the beginning of."

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Triple H sewing a Triple H backpatch onto a track jacket is my new favorite thing.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

on Cien: "why anyone would put a mask on him is beyond me. the women here love him, and the hat and the feather, well, that's his business"

"tye dillinger... the most underrated guy, just an amazing talent"

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Hey! I need a hand here. I'm not a Facebooker. I'm on https://www.facebook.com/tripleh and it's not obvious what to click on for the live interview. Can someone help me out with what to click on?

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
No kidding Tye's underrated, he never gets a big win on the big shows.

Edit: There should be a little vertical (fuckers) video with a play icon on it, that's the stream.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Holy poo poo ZZ is looking good

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

eljackass posted:

Hey! I need a hand here. I'm not a Facebooker. I'm on https://www.facebook.com/tripleh and it's not obvious what to click on for the live interview. Can someone help me out with what to click on?

this link should work: https://www.facebook.com/tripleh/videos/10154391297604683/

you may need a facebook account but don't need to "Like" his page or anything

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Triple H: What the gently caress was Paul Ellering doing here?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Triple H: What the gently caress was Paul Ellering doing here?

lol

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

shoulda said he didn't know who it was

eljackass
May 19, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

this link should work: https://www.facebook.com/tripleh/videos/10154391297604683/

you may need a facebook account but don't need to "Like" his page or anything

Thankya SIr :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

abraham linksys posted:

triple h live: https://www.facebook.com/tripleh/videos/10154391297604683/

"we've transitioned from being a developmental brand to being our own brand... NXT is its own brand now. We are now, full-blown, NXT-the-brand, and that is what this marked the beginning of."

"and that brand, by the way, is actually going to be called SmackDown"

• Locked thread