Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man, MIGF must love Kasich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

loquacius posted:

Man as a bitter Bernie supporter can I just say thank loving christ Rubio didn't win

because HRC would absolutely lose to Rubio in the general and he was almost as bad as Cruz on policy with worse composure under pressure than Trump, with more credibility in the eyes of the public than either because all the GOP heavies who hated them loved him

let's dispense with this notion that marco rubio was capable of winning

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

one possible response: My Glass-Steagall repeal vote was a mistake. If elected I personally am going to push for a measure to reinstate the repealed portions of Glass-Steagall. I'll make it one of my first priorities.

second possible response: I stand by that vote. Those sections of Glass-Steagall had already been weakened and their ultimate repeal was not a cause of the financial crisis.

the Lincoln Chafee response: uhhh well you know i was new, uh i had just joiend the senate and ujh, well y'know my dad died, hate to say it but my dad had just died and i'd just gotten to the senate, and there was a big rip in my pants that day too, and i had them on backwards actually, well thats how the rip came about i went to the bathroom and couldnt find the fly to unzip, and in my haste i foolishly tore a new fly in the front myself, and like i said m y dad had just died and i was mostly focused on holding a dossier over my crotch so peolpe wouldnt see the rip, you know it was my first vote in the senate and i just wanted to fit in and not be embarrassed, so really i have to ask that you ignore that vote, thanks

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
pokemon vietnamese crystal bot has a message [and thread title], for this thread

https://twitter.com/pkmnvietnam_bot/status/740639078580781056

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Ted Cruz. You are a vile being.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jeb!s brother kept us safe

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Ben Carson. You are a human fainting goat.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Karl Barks posted:

let's dispense with this notion that marco rubio was capable of winning

I think he was doing about as well after Christie pwned him as he was beforehand actually

it's just that that amounts to "slightly worse than Cruz and way worse than Trump in aggregate, and worse than one or the other in every state except Minnesota"

Fast Luck posted:

one possible response: My Glass-Steagall repeal vote was a mistake. If elected I personally am going to push for a measure to reinstate the repealed portions of Glass-Steagall. I'll make it one of my first priorities.

second possible response: I stand by that vote. Those sections of Glass-Steagall had already been weakened and their ultimate repeal was not a cause of the financial crisis.

the Lincoln Chafee response: uhhh well you know i was new, uh i had just joiend the senate and ujh, well y'know my dad died, hate to say it but my dad had just died and i'd just gotten to the senate, and there was a big rip in my pants that day too, and i had them on backwards actually, well thats how the rip came about i went to the bathroom and couldnt find the fly to unzip, and in my haste i foolishly tore a new fly in the front myself, and like i said m y dad had just died and i was mostly focused on holding a dossier over my crotch so peolpe wouldnt see the rip, you know it was my first vote in the senate and i just wanted to fit in and not be embarrassed, so really i have to ask that you ignore that vote, thanks

He really did answer that question as poorly as possible

Sanders was the one who didn't prep for that debate and meanwhile Chafee did this

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

While we're on the subject of "the" Ted Cruz:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ted Cruz played Reverend Parris in Harvard Law's production of The Crucible

Here's the main highlight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTcHpPDCu8

e: better link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJrem2w6oo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
op finally updated from the placeholder

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Scott Walker, I'd entirely forgotten that you were a candidate for the presidency in 2016. You probably had a PAC, volunteers, and everything.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

whyyyYYYYYY AM I PERSECUTED

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

:rip: Huckabee, not even memorable for being the fat guy in this cycle

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

Man as a bitter Bernie supporter can I just say thank loving christ Rubio didn't win

because HRC would absolutely lose to Rubio in the general and he was almost as bad as Cruz on policy with worse composure under pressure than Trump, with more credibility in the eyes of the public than either because all the GOP heavies who hated them loved him

I was scared shitless of Rubio last fall, but I really don't think that he was all that good of a candidate to begin with. He buckled like cheap steel under pressure and never really seemed like he wanted to be in the race.

But yeah, Trump is very beatable and a gift from bitter old men who let their racism and anger get the better of them.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

wow... just getting word the Huckabee's Three Large Sons have clinched the republican nomination

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Karl Barks posted:

wow... just getting word the Huckabee's Three Large Sons have clinched the republican nomination

They clubbed and ate the other candidates.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

let the bodies hit the floor LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Classic Comrade posted:

whyyyYYYYYY AM I PERSECUTED

if there ever was a person who deserved to experience 'reverse discrimination'

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

:sad:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Editor's note: An image that originally accompanied this post on The Fix's main page and appeared in a video in the post depicted a woman being egged. Given the headline and context of this post, the photo could have been misconstrued as a reporter, which it was not. It was of a Trump supporter at a rally last week in California. The photo has been changed.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lmao

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Mr. Horrible posted:

if there ever was a person who deserved to experience 'reverse discrimination'

:allbuttons:

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

:catstare:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Deez Nuts. You polled 9%

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

:bagl:

Bockscar
Jun 17, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

rip now i have to vote for gross green party people

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/734469069009735680
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/654590909741445120
:love:

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 22:52 on Jun 8, 2016

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Thoguh posted:

Vermin Supreme, you were to beautiful for this earth.

My friend I think you'll find he was too bootiful.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
and, with a flute up his nose, chris christie

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

logikv9 posted:

Martin ":eyepop:" O'Malley
Beaten By: People with easily offended sensibilities
Clinton Foundation Donation Status: Not yet donated
he'll be back in 2020. it has been written.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/218431733224325121

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

he'll be back in 2020. it has been written.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/218431733224325121

gonna have even MORE ppl in prisons, GET HYPE!!!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Friendly reminder that Bernie only has 3 days to concede before he's officially doing a Hitler. - t. Mainstream Media

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Do we get a Free Speech Zone thread during the conventions? Maybe hosted in a different subforum in order to really capture the spirit of Free Speech Zones.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Thoguh posted:

Do we get a Free Speech Zone thread during the conventions? Maybe hosted in a different subforum in order to really capture the spirit of Free Speech Zones.

Yes, where do we gather for the kettling and pepperspray?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Error 404 posted:

Yes, where do we gather for the kettling and pepperspray?

Fishmech being idiot king of that thread would even make a lot of sense. Senseless 6 hour probations for looking at someone funny would also fit with the spirit of Free Speech Zones.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

mission accomplished
https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/740599850002157569

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The Fitness log cabin is gonna be so confused why they suddenly have a thread with 10,000 posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Aren't there still a shitload of ballots left to be counted between mail ins and provisional ballots?

• Locked thread