Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Awe yeah this is my jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Yakisoba with asparagus and a dash of hot sauce

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
what's the most YCS music genre? I'm torn between aryan metal and the abba reunion concert

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
That's one velvet painting of a grim reaper skeleton from being a share zone pic

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i just realized that zen death robot is a pretty good description of zenyatta

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
dude with a hitler av enjoys a racist game, shocker

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

oystertoadfish posted:

i started this http://stronglifts.com/5x5/ a few weeks ago its gone ok ive only skipped one day

hopefully i can keep my poo poo together and keep showing up, i've fallen off this wagon before. im also doing an adult learn to play hockey thing

good luck real life pelple

what a coincidence i literally started this program today, but i started at the bare minimum because it's been almost a decade since i last worked out in any serious way

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

WINNINGHARD posted:

I don't know how you guys put up with lifting. It bores me to tears. I used to do a lot of lifting until I quit smoking weed and since then it's been maddening to show up at the gym.

I picked up a road bike and started riding my bike to work a few weeks ago. It's 16 miles each way, but it's down the PCH and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Any of you guys learning programming to get a job doing it?

actually yeah, this summer i'm learning python to complement r since so many employers want both

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

oystertoadfish posted:

yeah i was just psyching myself out. it's all good. all im really doing is offering drunken specifications on the general truism that grad school can be traumatic, if anybody's in that position believe me i understand

i'm doing grad school right now and it's been surprisingly non-traumatic aside from not learning some things (like the aforementioned python). unfortunately for me, it's an ms that's meant to make me competitive with people who have taken advanced programming courses that i'm not ready for

Goetta posted:

I used Stata in grad school

luckily the one professor who insists on stata has a teaching assistant who only uses r so you can get both sides of the story as it were

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

WINNINGHARD posted:

the hardest thing with learning a language is picking a project and having the energy to work through it after work. ive been trying to pick up C in my downtime {job is python, scala, and a bit of JS} but im usually too tired to do anything but watch jackass clips. it doesn't help that my experience is limited to building web apps and spark stuff and i don't know what project to build in C.what do you think you'll do for a project?

luckily for me i'm really interested in data analytics and stuff, so i want to try and tackle the yelp challenge with it. there's a cash money prize and even if i know i won't win it's still a pretty good motivator

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Baloogan posted:

i just didnt expect ot ever be made a fool by a dog

this god is usually really well behaved, first time iver EVEr had it steal food from me

it was FED this was after it had its drat dinner too
no excuses

:sad:

I just did my second workout, and for some reason my arms are so sore that i can't fully extend them. should i be worried?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I think the most important thing when getting back into exercising is that you don't push yourself so hard that you lose the motivation to keep at it.

well when the doctor told me i was pre-diabetic and i needed to take care of myself so i don't die, that was a pretty good motivator

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Most people aren't wise enough to listen to their doctors, good on you, man.

thanks, i appreciate that. i've already lost a good 30 pounds this year, but now i want to get closer to where i was in high school so i got the gym membership and everything

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Classic Comrade posted:

checking in here 2 say that pizza that gets super floppy after it gets reheated, is the saddest kind of pizza.

if you have a cast iron skillet, put it on medium and then put in your pizza, drizzle a small amount of water (not on the pizza but around it) and immediately cover. come back in 6 minutes to awesome pizza, sometimes even better than it was when it was fresh

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Solvent posted:

Matoi is awesome

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i pulled the trigger and bought a new computer, all the parts are due on tuesday

no more overheating 5 year old laptop for me anymore

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
this month is looking up for me, new computer, new workout plan, new paid internship, and i got the new anti-depressants too

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
also i got really good tickets to hamilton at the pantages, that makes me a huge nerd but i can deal with it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i actually get carded more now that i have a scraggly beard

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
ground cricket meal makes a pretty good protein supplement according to my brother

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
nice job all, you're arguing about what thread to argue in

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Homework Explainer posted:

the hits just keep on coming

just send her the phil ochs song and have done with it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
do you try to radicalize the waitress when she comes over to refill your water?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Cats seem chill but I'm super allergic and taking pills everyday just to have one doesn't seem like fun

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Al! posted:

maybe just "advertising is a window into the political and aesthetic desires of a culture so here's a collection of advertising I found in old issues of the village voice" is good enough for a thread since we're getting more old school lf

i say do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Homework Explainer posted:

do not bring back lf. for every good comrade there were three mental cases

bring back lf

• Locked thread