Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm laughing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
who the gently caress is neil breen quoting when he says "great reviews'

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
dont doxx my twitter

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i love wayne brady tho

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
yo somebody who knows a thing or two about betting

i'm putting together a c-spam prediction and betting thread where people can bet on things happening or not happening. i am exploring adding the concept of people betting against others (example: I bet that hillary will run in 2020. another user will bet against me that she will not) but i actually have no clue how this works. i don't really gamble :sweatdrop:

i kinda want a situation to occur like in Games where some dude bet that trump will win and then like a dozen people bet against him, resulting in him getting a ton of free games

if i can't figure it out i'm going to keep it simple and just have them have straightforward bets that don't interact with each other

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

My first idea would be soft toxxs. Like risking probs for prestige. Maybe up to bans for fabulous prizes like avs

yeah i already have a list of things you can bet, like probations all the way up to bans. no permabans tho, and you can also "bet" an aclu / rainn donation

i just don't understand how you can bet against somebody else

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

mormonpartyboat posted:

biggest question is how much overhead you want

like a neat solution would be inventing trumpbux and having posters barter for them with bans or probes or donations or whatever (and letting people spend them on sweet prizes) but then someone would have to keep track of the ledger

the lowest overhead would be like you just come up with the bet terms and throw it out there. like "bet in this thread that the piss tape leaks this week, if it leaks the losers eat a month probe, if it doesn't leak the losers eat a 6 hour probe with a giant funny QCS annoying gif"

The latter seems like the safe option out I've considered, the former is too difficult IMO

The problem with the safe option is the lack of like, interaction amongst betters. Like I want people to increase the stakes if possible if somebody bets against them. I also have no idea what I'm talking about because I don't gamble woooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm probably going to do the dumbed down betting-lite version for simplicity's sake, it would essentially be a toxx thread without the toxxing

• Locked thread