Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Oh, why thank you. I draw sigs over in BYOB if you're interested!

Your sig is... su-sigoi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Homework Explainer posted:

tbh if the meme culture around overwatch weren't so strong and if the gameplay weren't so solid it would be a joke too
Blizzard is trying to control you all.

I'll trade deets for 2 SoJs

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

NumberLast posted:

It wasn't me because I would never say anything to facilitate the sale or use of Steam controllers.

:catbert:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

NumberLast posted:

I haven't tried Code Academy but I like Lynda and have access to it for free. :shrug:
How'd ya snag that?

also: https://itpro.tv/ <- good site for IT training videos.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Solvent posted:

Huh. Guess I'll find out when it gets here if I agree with you. The link seemed cool since I can stream movies from my PC with it, and almost all of my games are on Steam. The controller is something that it's designed to work with, so I figured "what the hell".

I love my steam controller

I just never use it as it takes some time to learn it and I mostly play MKB games at my PC.
:effort:

It's still great though

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
You guys want a programming language? :shepface:
https://solidity.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

To write smart contracts there are a few different languages: Solidity, which is like JavaScript and has .sol as a file extension, Serpent, Python-like with extension .se, and a 3rd, LLL, based on Lisp.

Javascript-like thing for smart contracts.
Unlike python and not knowing what to do, there are barely resources on this (but enough for me to get by somehow??? Maybe because people make the smart contracts open source so I can just cannibalize similar functions)

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Homework Explainer posted:

i miss my dreamcast, didn't give it the respect it deserved when i had one

I fear my DC has a laser issue (common issue) because Sonic Adventure 2: The Last Good Sonic Game restarts randomly during boss-rush mode.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Solvent posted:

That's probably just a dead video card. Have you tried taking it out, and plugging your monitor into your motherboard's port?

E: On another note, the Steam link's not bad. I can stream my desktop to the living room for 35 bucks. Steam controller is cool too, haptic feedback for the two thumb touchpads, good weight, and no real problems, really plug n play with the link.

Yup, the only problem now is :effort: in making key bindings for the game, or waiting for a scrub to make one you can use.

It's great for things like First Person Roguelikes and such though, that's for sure. Played a shitton of Delver with it to get used to it. Medium paced FPS style movement is good for getting used to it.
Love the trackball mode for mouselook and right analog stick, but wish they would add trackball style momentum to left analog//movement bindings.

Fantastic game for it: Valkyria Chronicles. Not only does it support simultaneous KBM and controller, the mouse can be used as fine tune aiming while everything else in the game you can have the original xinput bindings. (Plus as a console game port it is one of the best technically done ports I've ever loving seen and wish every console game gets an amazing port like this, and I wish Sega would capitalize on the PC functions with more games. I believe they're making more VKs and I hope those all use the same ported engine... if they port those to PC when they do re-release them.)

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 20:18 on Jun 11, 2016

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I spent like 20 minutes just now unscrewing the side panel bolt with a knife and have determined that this motherboard port you're referring to isn't inside the pc and instead is on the back, sealed by a black piece of plastic that is bolted onto the machine with screws that I haven't got a screwdriver for. :sigh:

The VGA/DVI cable can come undone with your fingers. If it's stuck in use plyers or a coin or something to start turning it.
The secondary port thing is only if you have a video port on your mobo as well as a GFX card

Your HDD should be fine though depending on the issue. The data can be recovered.

If you wish to see if it's just your video card you can boot it up and then look at your router's web UI to see if it says it's connected. Perhaps do a ping test to the PC to see if it responds (if the PC doesn't just go "I WON'T BOOT WITHOUT A VALID VIDEO CARD RESPONSE" though, some do.)

If you verify your PC can respond, it's fine and just a video card issue.
If it doesn't respond, could be any number of things depending on how far it boots.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm broke so that's not going to happen anytime soon, if you post a sig request in my BYOB sig request thread I'll get to it in a couple of months, when I get a new computer.

get one of those android pixel programs to make lovely pixel art.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm sorry but I don't understand any of this.
VGA/DVI = the video cable. (since you said it has screws and HDMI cables don't have screws, typically)
Some motherboards don't have onboard video port for a second port.

Depending on the issue, your songs and data are fine. (doesn't sound like a hard drive issue since it shows no video from the PC as far as you said)
Your router may track what devices are connected, if your PC connects and you can communicate with it on the network then you know your PC is working, mostly.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

That doesn't sound half bad.
Spotify is good, has a large selection. Free with ads between a few of the songs but it's still worth it if you don't have data limits//are at home

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

rear end cobra posted:

I remember when people were sperging their colons out about their mp3 file structures wrt itunes (itunes is bad)

I use Foobar2000 and download only FLACs if possible

:unsmith:

Mrit posted:

If you don't game, you can probably find something on eBay for ~30 bucks.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Lol but it is actually a good time to get high. But I ain't got no cash so no drugs for me, only the poor man's high: exercise.

Get ripped
Beat up dudes for pot
Get fat
Get beat up trying to get pot
Get Ripped as revenge
Repeat.

---

Also: While I'm procrastinating(because Cali technically isn't done counting yet!) actually starting the dumb loving OP I need to make , I've been working on/looking up really weird poo poo

Why the hell do you need so many currency "denominations". Yeah it's helpful so you don't have to decimal things like Bitcoin (0.000001 btc, or 1 xbtc or whatever it is), it's confusing to call a smaller denomination of Ether "shannon" or "finney" (or a larger denomination of wei).

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

how many research chemicals can swim get from the deep web for 12 babbages

Well 1 Ether is currently ~14 USD, so not very many.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Seriously though BTC is going up again due to Ethereum getting a lot of attention:

Mostly due to this finalizing 1.0: https://daohub.org/
https://daohub.org/about.html
/The DAO/ is a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (“DAO”) - more specifically, it is a new breed of human organization never before attempted. The DAO is borne from immutable, unstoppable, and irrefutable computer code, operated entirely by its members, and fueled using ETH which Creates DAO tokens.

It's basically a board of directors/stockholder thing where the money owned is voted on being sent to things on actions. Owners of tokens (ownership) can trade them to other dudes, and depending on the proposals there could be return Ether sent to their addresses, or the DAO tokens themselves are worth more.

https://www.ethereum.org/dao

Literally no clue if it'll bust or not, but it's interesting that's for sure.

---

I only bring this up as I'm trying to see if I can work this into my gimmick for that OP, since the same voting style system could be translated into the same thing people do for actual voting. It's really fascinating and my minute amount of Ether I bought for $50 a month ago is like $100-120 atm lol.

Granted I care more about making a game on the drat Ethereum processing system (since it processes Turing complete code, vs Bitcoin which is just moving bitcoins around and nothing else), which said voting stuff could be useful for game stuff or even NPCs ran on the same system.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I do 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 squats and 8.3 miles running every single day. I've been doing this for a little over 1000 days now, and I dream of being a ufc fighter! I'm going to join a mma gym just as soon as I get a new car!
Wow, you could kick my rear end.

:ohdear:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Most people aren't wise enough to listen to their doctors, good on you, man.

Since my insurance covers my visit I'll be going to get my yearly ball fondling on monday.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matoi Ryuko posted:

My PC is working again, I think maybe it just needed to cool down or whatever.

Sounds like you may definitely need to dust it out.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Earth-2 Ron Paul's Virtual Goldmine

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
So You've Decided You Hate Hitler, Do Tell.

(Would probably discourage pro-hitler chat. Which is an acceptable side-effect.)

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Constitutional Coding Coalition

Straw Wars: Crow Squadron

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Al! posted:

Useless Idiots

Gonna say this is most apt for a discription/subtitle

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Cephalocidal posted:

imagine a butt farting on a boner... forever

Talk about a blow job

:downsrim:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Fast Luck posted:

i like C-SPAM

C-SPAM is pretty good if we don't find a better one.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Did you guys miss me or something because I'm not posting much

Definitely
You're a good poster

If you posted to twitter much like BernieThoughts but in your own style as C-SPAN Caller, I probably would follow.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Baloogan posted:

thank you

You're the best poopery worker.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Making me feel bad I haven't started my own dumb thread yet. Still torn between two gimmicks

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Al! posted:

I feel like this game would probably be fun with more than just randos on the Internet but I'd have to coordinate with people and set up voice chat and then there's my wife making fun of me all night.......
Discord is basically the easiest way to do voicechat with strangers IMO.

The actively trying to form a group with goons is the harder part.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Tatum Girlparts posted:

is it, because I can't imagine a more insufferable read than ~the inherent violence in driving culture~ or whatever
Never been to Mass have you?

zen death robot posted:

Passing on the right is dangerous and illegal
:agreed:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Karl Barks posted:

wha? passing on the right isn't illegal. unless you mean like on the shoulder or something...

Depends on which state you're in.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Cephalocidal posted:

Tomatoes are bullshit but the rest of that looks great. Cold. Man, I want cold food.
Something something cold (asian) fusion joke

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Baloogan posted:

LOL YESSSSS FIGHT THE SYSTeM BALOOGAN BOT

i love that the bot programed with my posts is fighting the twitter system and is winning

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Looking good for Maine from this dumb article. (Which at the time had 43/46 for Mass rather than 41/51 that your article shows)

Maine should be close enough but I'm sure MA police will be on the lookout.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I miss You A loving Hat(rear end rear end In Princess) and C-Span(Bad) Caller

They used to post in the progressive thread but no more.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Fast Luck posted:

Limited licesnses huh? Hopefully this is at least better than the Ohio initiative that was basically just grift that would've given a near-monopoly to some chosen corporate benefactors.

This world is so corrupt
http://maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/upcoming/

Legislation is in Doc format if you wish to read.
I haven't gone over it, but wikipedia has some general info

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_Question_1,_2016

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Cspam deserves it's placement

It knows what it did.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zen death robot posted:

Baloogan for IK? Maybe?
I agree

Karl Barks posted:

with that in mind, obdicut, zoux, and constance hamprice for ik imo
If that's a new rogue's gallery then you'd need another seemingly unhinged but lazy person in addition.

<_<

zen death robot posted:

Bernouts aren't the majority as far as I can tell tbh

Also I think Nonsense is basically the bernouts IK anyways but you all ignore his presence
A bernout that's not ignored?

<_<

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Classic Comrade posted:

lol the bernouts all left for greener pastures and/or moved to the left of bernie [i am the 'and']
:shobon:

• Locked thread