Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Man Whore posted:

I hope overwatch burns out fast because if I got to go through more than two more weeks of this poo poo I will toxx myself from life. Like I'm sure its fun but as someone allergic to blizzard, I am just drowning in overwatch and its army of memes.

also I am backing up the fallout 4 sass. The backbone is fine but just something about the overall whole is just aggressively mediocre and it doesn't make sense to me because skyrim is still my "nothing else to play" game.

It's weird, Skyrim is the TES game I have played the least, by far - though I still have a good 200 hours into it - but I couldn't put down FO4 for two months and I'm playing it again and have nearly 400 hours in it on steam. :shrug: I feel like there's a lot of interesting nook and cranny stuff in FO4 that just wasn't there in Skyrim - the overall game was probably better and the game world was certainly more elaborately designed but I felt like I ran out of places to go in Skyrim early on and way too many of the dungeons were just "RADIANT QUEST DESTINATION #363" with nothing interesting in them, not even lore notes or interesting secret rooms.

I have to give Bethesda a lot of credit because with FO4 you could tell they took a long, hard look at NV and why hardcore fans liked NV so much more than FO4. Not all of the ideas translated over but the focus on more interesting locations and less on elaborate plot points and "world lore" have kept me playing. I'm always finding new poo poo I just didn't know was there, I figured I would have exhausted it by now but I can't imagine I've explored more than 60% of the game world and I don't play slowly.

I'm pretty burnt on Blizzard stuff and the idea of deliberately starting a competitive FPS with BlizzBalance makes me want to augur out my eyeballs with an icepick. I'll wait until it's cheap, if I pick it up at all.

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 14:12 on Jun 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Also the giant underground dwarven city with almost no quests was a huge wasted opportunity and all the unfinished guilds piss me off, finish your poo poo Bethesda :mad:

hoping those skyrim remastered rumors are true and that they also take the time to pick up all those unfinished questlines and flesh out those boring dungeons

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

rudatron posted:

I actually totally forgot about that place, it was pretty

You just know some designer at bethesda is so loving sad their gorgeous environment get totally undermined by how absolutely boring the game is

you wander around and it's just same old same old

I blame the radiant system

Radiant questing was so stupid. It was neat the first dozen times but eventually you realize the game is just a bunch of blank spaces to shove radiant quests into and it just takes all the fun out of exploration.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ace of Baes posted:

Yeah I felt this way after doing the main quest and the big side quests (companions, dark brotherhood, thieves), but the daedric artifact quests are fun, and by the time I realized how shallow the radiant quests were Id already enjoyed like 60-70hrs of the game, which Im perfectly fine with compared to most games.

Yeah, true. I have big complaints /w Skyrim but I still put a hell of a lot of time into it. They made a really good game there but I feel like an extra six months of development time would have done Skyrim a lot of good

More DLC would have been nice, too. They could have kept that coming forever as far as I'm concerned.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
edit: ah fuckit i posted this in the wrong thread

have my lovely gadsden anyway you loving goons

• Locked thread