Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I ate the rich for lunch, they were stringy and gamey.

I had a chowder sampler. The salmon chowder was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Man Whore posted:

I hope overwatch burns out fast because if I got to go through more than two more weeks of this poo poo I will toxx myself from life. Like I'm sure its fun but as someone allergic to blizzard, I am just drowning in overwatch and its army of memes.

also I am backing up the fallout 4 sass. The backbone is fine but just something about the overall whole is just aggressively mediocre and it doesn't make sense to me because skyrim is still my "nothing else to play" game.

I would love Bethesda style RPG's if I didn't hate them so much.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Solvent posted:

This thread is lovely. How far out of politics can we go? I think I have something like 600 shitposts in Bernie threads, and enjoy Something Awful more than ever. I was thinking about starting a thread in You Look Like poo poo about gymnastics and training connective tissue, does that mean I have to know what I'm talking about? How much work should I put into an OP?

Factorio is great. I bought the Starcrafts instead of Overwatch with my limited game budget, and because someone mentioned the Steam sale on controllers ( I want to say NumberLast?) I blew 85 bux on the Steam link and a Controller. Soon I can Factorio from my bed instead of sleeping!

I'm playing Khan Academy like it's a part time job though.

I can math! You can learn anything! Yay!

It wasn't me because I would never say anything to facilitate the sale or use of Steam controllers.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I love Lynda. It's pricey but the quality of the tutorials is totally worth it imo.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

rudatron posted:

Well, and here's the million dollar question, what were you using it to study? I find intro course trend to have a ton of polish, but that standard drops fast.

If Lynda is different then that's interesting.

I've been using it to learn programming and app development.

Never done coding before so I've been starting from scratch. The quality of the courses vary more based on who's presenting than what the course is covering.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Solvent posted:

I'd honestly thought Lynda was a person. It seems to cost money. I'm guessing it's worth it?
Code academy is free! Have you tried it?

I haven't tried Code Academy but I like Lynda and have access to it for free. :shrug:

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Solvent posted:

Wait what, are they bad?

In my opinion, yeah.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I can't deal with KA. Every time I loaded up KA while in school it would be for a single, specific point that I was missing. But its strength - methodical, comprehensive walkthroughs of concepts and problems - made it frustrating for me to watch.

NumberLast has issued a correction as of 08:51 on Jun 9, 2016

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

ThndrShk2k posted:

How'd ya snag that?

also: https://itpro.tv/ <- good site for IT training videos.

Through the company I work for.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Pragmatica posted:

I have been trying to not be on SA as much at work because we are swamped busy with writing procedures and some lab instrument poo poo.

But, here I am.

I was doing so well.

I'm on vacation at my parents' right now so yesterday I walked around and ate chowder and fudge, and today I'm gonna try to emulate Persona 4. Turns out the PS2 has some kind of 'extensive catalog' I never knew about. :shrug:

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I'm jonesing for lobster super hard right now.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Solvent posted:

I sport manly stubble. I cant help it that my non beard grows in the shape of a mustache/goatee.

I have an awesome goatse on my face all the time

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

rudatron posted:

i bet you think you're better because you have a constructive hobby instead of playing video games

well, you are

grats

Hah, my hobby is reading and listening to people talking about videogames. Beat that for uselessness.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

oystertoadfish posted:

rip pancre-al

a pro ycs strat is to engulf yourself in sports-related bitterness until there's no emotional space left for caring about politics imo

lol if you care about sports

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Mrit posted:

Someone who likes LP has no right to judge watching people do something far better than you or I could ever do it.

And I like both.

lol if you watch LP's of people being good at games

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Al! posted:

speed runs are usually p cool but last agdq was pretty bad

lovely Games Done Slow is my jam

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

WINNINGHARD posted:

grad school's balls!!!! don't do it!!!

This is a lie. Grad school is rainbows and cupcakes.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

zen death robot posted:

The Wiiu is great but I definitely don't use mine enough

:same:

I owned Wonderful 101 for a year and a half without even touching it. It's a good game.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Homework Explainer posted:

pc+wii u is the almighty duo of gaming, friend

:hfive: yeh

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

WINNINGHARD posted:

the hardest thing with learning a language is picking a project and having the energy to work through it after work. ive been trying to pick up C in my downtime {job is python, scala, and a bit of JS} but im usually too tired to do anything but watch jackass clips. it doesn't help that my experience is limited to building web apps and spark stuff and i don't know what project to build in C.what do you think you'll do for a project?

I'm trying to pick up Python and I'm finding that using a Raspberry Pi as a multimedia center is a pretty decent project for that.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I started playing 999 yesterday.

I'm about 90 minutes in. It's.....EHhhhhhhh so far. Could be good. Only playing it because it was highly recommended though.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I made an OKC profile a few years ago and just looked at people near me, no intention of dating any of them.

My matches were all insane people.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

well i DO like sports, but oh! museums are fun. pretty cool so far, maybe we coul —

hm.

"94% match"

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
http://mulletpassions.com

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Thank baby Jesus I'm in a stable, long-term relationship.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

what's that like

I honestly can't remember what it's like to be single.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

88%. god how i wish it were 69%

e: message sent. let's see what happens

Hopefully your cock satisfies her, I guess. :shrug:

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Being married ftw

Someday! :hfive:

Adoption here I come.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

It looks like Homework Explainer is also headed towards a Stable relationship.

:golfclap:

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

she is in a city on the other side of the state, so there's no danger of me losing a kidney tonight, thank christ. need that poo poo, to live

Strictly speaking not true.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Ace of Baes posted:

You guys should go to church to meet girls you need jesus in your life. =)

I already have Jesus in my life

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I spent like 20 minutes just now unscrewing the side panel bolt with a knife and have determined that this motherboard port you're referring to isn't inside the pc and instead is on the back, sealed by a black piece of plastic that is bolted onto the machine with screws that I haven't got a screwdriver for. :sigh:

That sucks, man.

Such is the danger of following advice given without context.

e: Are you phone posting or do you have a secondary PC?

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm gunna clean it with a toothbrush, what kind of toothpaste would you suggest?

Do you have hydrofluoric acid? Also works great as hand soap.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Note: This is not 4chan. DO NOT DO THIS.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Where do you even get hydroflouric acid?

I can buy it online. :shrug:

I found a way anyone can, but...I legitimately think I'm on a list now. You can buy uranium on this site. :stare:

NumberLast has issued a correction as of 07:11 on Jun 12, 2016

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Cephalocidal posted:

You can get lab supplies up to and including active pathogens pretty easily if you don't mind being on a watch list. It's kinda the cost of entry if you work in a lab that's too small to have independent provisioning and security.

Oh, yeah. I once went through airport security and had my hands swabbed. Set off the explosives detector...I mean, I did have compounds used in explosives on my hands. Lab jobs. :thumbsup:

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Baloogan posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahaha

fuk him hahahahahaha

ur just as Canadian (read: pointless)

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Peztopiary posted:

Baloogan has American blood in him (I think) and thus understands FREEDOM in a way no non-American ever will.

Freedom and freedom

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Baloogan posted:

ya american blood thank god

kkkanada and amerikkka combined is a huge loving country from sea to sea to sea

Canada > United States

They invented the pacemaker! And medical insulin! And IMAX!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Been settling into my new place the last couple days. Unpacking and such. I like it! Still trying to determine the optimal kitchen set-up though.

NumberLast has issued a correction as of 08:02 on Jun 13, 2016

• Locked thread