Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
You know that part of the night where it's time to go to bed but you'll look for anything to delay actually doing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Al! posted:

I fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow but I just don't wanna go to sleep, too much dehumanizing to bloodshed face

:same:

The moment my head hits the pillow I notice myself having utterly nonsense thoughts. I think about how those thoughts make no sense then I realize I'm just already half-dreaming. Happens every single night.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Started playing Overwatch last night. Got in 3-4 games.

It's good

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
That full Zelda LP Nintendo did was pretty cool. Not great, but having it in the background during work made for some fun moments.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Solvent posted:

:agreed:

never blacked out, always remembered what I did, but man I've totally had alcohol poisoning

all that means is I lived through my twentys I think :shrug:

Seems really bad to not remember what I was doing.

Blacked out once. That was the last day I drank anywhere near that much.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Classic Comrade posted:

i am lucky to have never gotten too drunk

i'm pretty good at recognizing my limits, there

(also i'm tiny and skinny so it really does not take much for me to get happily drunk)

I don't know what happened but I've become such a lightweight lately.

Last night I had one glass of wine and was pretty darn buzzed.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Classic Comrade posted:

i was at my sister's baby shower on sunday and i was drinking this alcoholic root beer type thing and some kid walked up to me and was like "they let you drink BEER????"

lmao i'm gonna get carded till im 50

There was a period of about a month where my friends and I were obsessed with that stuff. Went through probably $200 worth.

I didn't get carded on my 21st birthday. I've always looked way older than I am. Cool when you're young, :smith: when you're not.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I haven't been carded on the regular since I was like 24, probably because that's when my hair started thinning and turning grey at the temples.

Similar! :hfive:

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Homework Explainer posted:

the unhinged comments are half the reason i write

I can't imagine a comment that would spur me on more.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Classic Comrade posted:

okay i dunno if there are any bug/insect nerds on here but like

this huge fuckin bug flew over my head in my kitchen and i can't find it which is freaking me out

at first i thought it was a wasp or hornet or a beetle

but it didn't buzz really loudly, if at all, which made me think maybe it's a moth? but it seemed to have a big stinger-lookin thing on it's butt??? and it was like maybe half the size of my pinky

goddamn i'm just gonna be holed up in my bedroom now like :tinfoil:

Sounds like the Incredibly Deadly Beetle.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
The arguments itt are dumb and bad

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Karl Barks posted:

i like the arguments, personally

You're dumb for liking arguments :colbert:

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

SCENE — EXTERIOR
WOODEN BENCH, LAKESIDE

"JANE": So, what do you like to do in your spare time?

HOMEWORK EXPLAINER: [producing LITTLE RED BOOK] To let things slide for the sake of peace and friendship when a person has clearly gone wrong, and refrain from principled argument because he is an old acquaintance, a fellow townsman, a schoolmate, a close friend, a loved one, an old colleague or old subordinate. Or to touch on the matter lightly instead of going into it thoroughly, so as to keep on good terms. The result is that both the organization and the individual are harmed. This is one type of liberalism.

"JANE": Oh, um, wow! That's interesting! Do you have any family in to —

HOMEWORK EXPLAINER: To indulge in irresponsible criticism in private instead of actively putting forward one's suggestions to the organization. To say nothing to people to their faces but to gossip behind their backs, or to say nothing at a meeting but to gossip afterwards. To show no regard at all for the principles of collective life but to follow one's own inclination. This is a second type.

To let things drift if they do not affect one personally; to say as little as possible while knowing perfectly well what is wrong, to be worldly wise and play safe and seek only to avoid blame. This is a third type.

Not to obey orders but to give pride of place to one's own opinions. To demand special consideration from the organization but to reject its discipline. This is a fourth type.

To indulge in personal attacks, pick quarrels, vent personal spite or seek revenge instead of entering into an argument and struggling against incorrect views for the sake of unity or progress or getting the work done properly. This is a fifth type.

To hear incorrect views without rebutting them and even to hear counter-revolutionary remarks without reporting them, but instead to take them calmly as if nothing had happened. This is a sixth type.

["JANE" has gotten up and left. HOMEWORK EXPLAINER continues.]

To be among the masses and fail to conduct propaganda and agitation or speak at meetings or conduct investigations and inquiries among them, and instead to be indifferent to them and show no concern for their well-being, forgetting that one is a Communist and behaving as if one were an ordinary non-Communist. This is a seventh type.

To see someone harming the interests of the masses and yet not feel indignant, or dissuade or stop him or reason with him, but to allow him to continue. This is an eighth type.

To work half-heartedly without a definite plan or direction; to work perfunctorily and muddle along--"So long as one remains a monk, one goes on tolling the bell." This is a ninth type.

To regard oneself as having rendered great service to the revolution, to pride oneself on being a veteran, to disdain minor assignments while being quite unequal to major tasks, to be slipshod in work and slack in study. This is a tenth type.

To be aware of one's own mistakes and yet make no attempt to correct them, taking a liberal attitude towards oneself. This is an eleventh type.

Yeah, I'd bang you

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

Homework Explainer, do you sit down all your dates and look deeply into their eyes and tell them that you're a communist?

Sploosh

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Just planted my herb garden :)

I hope the weird weather doesn't kill it.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

WINNINGHARD posted:

How long before you can smoke the herbs

Oh, I'm smoking them right now.

The smoked cod with sage is going to be delicious. :)

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I spent the day at a farmer's market, planting my herb garden, cooking and watching the Overwatch videos. It was a good day.

Oh and I watched Parks and Rec.

NumberLast has issued a correction as of 05:24 on Jun 19, 2016

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

logikv9 posted:

Cultured Discourse (i stole this from the sa overwatch discord)

I like this because it also has the subtext that all conversation herein is being cultivated for study

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Henry Kissinger posted:

Friends of Henry Kissinger

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
The Real Ghost Busters

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Devotees are more common than a lot of people realize :shrug:

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Karl Barks posted:

something you would like to share with the class?

I watched Dexter season 1 and was curious if that kind of stuff was real

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I missed you, sewer-man.

How does it feel to have your queen to no longer be subservient to the chancellor?

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I am also full of cramps

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Now You See Me 2 is fun garbage, if it's even still in theaters.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

i'm so bad at elegantly ending dates when i know i'm not interested

*knows within five minutes there's no chemistry*

*2 hours later, still talking*

Radicalize them and move on

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Bring back LF

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Wait, saying 'bring back lf' is a pro-lf statement?

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

This is a probate-worthy post

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
You know, the more time you spend on the road the more likely you are to get into an accident. That means getting to where you're going as soon as possible is the safest thing to do, which means speeding of course.

Makes you think.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Cephalocidal posted:

This year was definitely worse than usual for some reason.

It's got that special "End of the world" feeling

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
One time I said rad. It was rad.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Baloogan posted:

i have been owned

Woah kinky

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
MIGF pm'd me and said that he thinks I have a pretty mouth

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

logikv9 posted:

i threw something at him after, we'll see if that sticks

generally i don't care about whatever PMs i get afterwards (although by far baloogan is the best) but since the convention is tomorrow i'm definitely being harsher because i want to limit the clusterfuck in c-spam during those days

Um, the convention's been going on for several days now!

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Al! posted:

the dnd refugees are like a billion times better than the gbs rejects. i mean what does it take to get rejected from gbs dios mio!!!!

Not hating poor people or black people, mostly.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Remember that time MIGF said he'd heal race relationships in the US because he can tan?

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I hate how I've had jury duty 3 times in 3.5 years.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
[Point]

[Counterpoint]

Nah bro it was just a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

logikv9 posted:

zoux has claimed the top spot of Top Forum Meltdown after that other dude who kept PMing people after his probation

Wasn't that me??

• Locked thread