Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a C-Spam movie thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
A C-SPAM Gunpla challenge I think would be the thing to finally make me try something more ambitious than a straight snap build.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think you'd want a simpler design that people could do different stuff with, like a GM or a Hi-Mock or something.

Or an (ed) Ball(s) but honestly the HG Ball kit kinda sucks.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those are awesome. And they show off the versatility of the Hi-Mock. I'm definitely voting we do Hi-Mocks now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm excited for the C-SPAM Hi-Mock Challenge. Should it be organized with a deadline and a separate thread and so on?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah! I started drafting a post, I was thinking of starting it at the beginning of September and we all try to finish it by the end of the month?

I was looking at the miniature thread, they did a month too. But it was an established thing, every month they did a model. Plus everybody in there is already at least somewhat dedicated and experienced modeler. I think the C-SPAM challenge should last a bit longer, like September and October?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oh poo poo, classic Beargguy!

C-SPAM is gonna make such great hi-mocks

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matoi Ryuko posted:

its gunna look real bad. you might waste 15-20 whole sets before becoming decent enough unless you're like a talented painter already

I'll show you. When my first ever painted Gunpla looks good you will eat your words!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matoi Ryuko posted:

i used to paint warhammer 40k figs but gave up before becoming acceptable as a painter. too expensive

Gunpla kits are way easier to paint because they don't have all the small details. I've seen people get decent results by just spray painting the pieces in the appropriate colors

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Taintrunner said he was making the thread, so we're all waiting patiently for him

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

you cant animate stickers yet

remember when that one magazine had an e-ink cover and everybody was like, "whoa, welcome to the future!" and nobody did anything with that ever again?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Were there even any 2D Bubsy games?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
All this time I thought Bubsy 3D was the only Bubsy game and it was just one of those sad attempts to create a radical 90s Mario, like Spyro or Blinx.

It blows my mind to find out that Bubsy was an actual established IP

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zeal posted:

why doesn't cspam have fun seasonal backgrounds any more like in the election

because they're terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo