Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Did somebody say chat thread!!!:bubblewoop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

i like yuor sig

Oh, why thank you. I draw sigs over in BYOB if you're interested!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

what's the most YCS music genre? I'm torn between aryan metal and the abba reunion concert

I love Abba but apparently the link in my sig is broken! :(

Homework Explainer posted:

also it's day crew time, babey. what was everyone's lunch

I had breakfast for lunch, a three egg omelette with a lil milk thrown in, 3 slices of some big ol bacons, 4 blueberry waffles, a banana and a glass of OJ!

Homeless Friend posted:

Zdr plays hanzo exclusively

I like mei the most cause of her ability to isolate weak enemies and her self heal.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Thump! posted:

If you don't like Yuengling beer then I don't even know what to say to you.

Oh wait

Yes I do

gently caress YOU!

It sounds like a tasty beer, but I gave up drinking 7 years ago!

Thundercracker posted:

I feel kinda bad for the developers of Battleborn and Paragon. From what I've read they're very different games than Overwatch, but there's no way to expect or to escape its shadow. Imagine just years and millions down the toilet because of timing.

Those games are gunna be selling even worse if blizzard starts releasing new overwatch characters.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ThndrShk2k posted:

Blizzard is trying to control you all.

I'll trade deets for 2 SoJs

Make it 3 sojs and we've got a deal!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

RedQueen posted:

Has everyone set their ICQ and AIM in their SA profiles

Haha, no!! :cheeky:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Al! posted:

well we made it 2 pages without an argument

lol

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mrit posted:

Factorio. Do you like logistics? Gigantic over complicated supply chains? Automating everything imaginable, and then blowing up zerg-like monsters?
It is the best, and it is still in alpha.

That sounds cool, post some vids!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

smell this posted:

if you get it for PC you can always go for the 40 dollar one.

I got no money and my pc is a 286.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

rudatron posted:

overwatch seems well made too, but I'm hesitant to take the plunge

It's endless fun! The main difference between tf2 and overwatch is that in tf2 if you find yourself struggling with one character you'll probably not fare any better with the others, where as in overwatch it's the opposite.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

zen death robot posted:

How are you on the Internet with a 286

Haha, I was just kidding but I have an ati radeon 5570 HD which is like from 2006 or something.

Also I noticed gigantor while watching rick and morty recently

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

logikv9 posted:

the game isn't too bad in terms of graphics demands because it has to cater to the audience still using whatever poo poo computer they use for mobas or something

I was actually able to run overwatch but it looked really bad and I'd like to be able to see what's going on if I'm ever to be depended on by my team. Zone control in overwatch reminds me of quake.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

zen death robot posted:

Cities Skylines is good and there's always Tropico 5

I love me some tropico but I'm stuck with 4 for now, I will eventually get the new simple city and cities skylines just cause I love sin games.

So does anyone like sports or whatever? I'm a fan of the ufc.

fade5 posted:

matoi is a very good sigmaker

Oh, you!!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

fade5 posted:

just spreading the love to a new chat thread :)

I think pretty much everyone in dadchat has a sig of yours by now, but I detect many sigless people here

I made a few people who post here signatures, Baloogan, lastgirl and tazjin!

euphronius posted:

What are sigs

You'll understand when you grow up.

zen death robot posted:

I have sigs off

That's cool too, I made like 100 sigs for people in byob, you should check out my thread!! Even if you don't want a sig, every request makes me a little better at drawing!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772789

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

zen death robot posted:

I can't read fyad with them on that's all

I like DJ's sig, even if it goes on forever and ever.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Thanks, looks good!

corsair alt confirmed

I miss your widowmaker av but BMO gator is rad too.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

it's my og av and i felt weird doing an av change for what might be a flash-in-the-pan video game

Yeah, overwatch will be a flash-in-the-pan just like all of blizzard's other titles. :cheeky:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Afraid of Audio posted:

zarya is the best gently caress yall

Is she the turret lady? I didn't get a chance to play her, too busy playing mei in beta. :sweatdrop:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Afraid of Audio posted:

nah she's the incredibly russian one, symmetra's the teleporter/turret gal

Ah, the laser girl, she's cool! She seems like the best tank, damage wise at least.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

My post history is filled with my secret shame, which is that I love professional league of legends.

I watched a lot of mma because I wrestled in school but I've gotten bored by it as I've gotten older.

You should watch dominick cruz's fights, he's the best wrestler.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

I've seen all of his fights except the two most recent.

I watched basically every UFC from about 100 - 170 or so, but then I got married and got an exec job and that was basically that for my free time.

His two most recent fights are really good, he's bantamweight champion again and just defended the belt against Faber. I'very been watching since Condit v diaz, and the first time I saw cruz fight was when he fought mitzugaki, and I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing, his style is so different from everyone else in the ufc.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Al! posted:

speed runs are usually p cool but last agdq was pretty bad

I thought it was really good, when is the next sgdq?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

cruz v mitsugaki was real cool. Cruz is awesome but made of glass. It'd be cool if he was healthy to hold the title for awhile again.

He's got a better chin than anyone in his division, lol.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

his chin is real good, but he's got injury problems. dude couldn't fight for like 2 1/2 years

Yeah, he was out of comission for 3 years because he tore both acls in training, after he beat mighty mouse.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

usually i dont like video LPs i mostly like screenshot LPs

I used to put on sim city lps to help me sleep, lol.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I'm no lifter, I'm a runner. I've been running 8.3 miles a day for almost 3 years straight. I do plan on doing a lot more lifting as soon as I get a car though.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I played a lot of grandia 2 and powestone. And another rpg but I can't remember the title.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I feel like I'm the only playstation user who's never had a console with overheating issues. Everyone else seems to always have at least one 'this got a bit too hot at times' story

I fried my first ps2 playing gta:sa.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Remember how I said I had an old computer? Well it died this morning. I'm pretty ticked off about losing like 12,000 songs. The only songs I've got left are the 40 or so on my mp3 player, which I haven't even got batteries for! :(

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

rear end cobra posted:

spotify or whatever. come on its 2016

What? Does that repair computers?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

rear end cobra posted:

Just live in 2016 and stream your songs on your Apple iPhone

Lol

Solvent posted:

Condolences.
What's wrong with it?

I haven't a clue. The monitor just says no signal and no amount of rebooting has been able to change that.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Solvent posted:

That's probably just a dead video card. Have you tried taking it out, and plugging your monitor into your motherboard's port?

E: On another note, the Steam link's not bad. I can stream my desktop to the living room for 35 bucks. Steam controller is cool too, haptic feedback for the two thumb touchpads, good weight, and no real problems, really plug n play with the link.

I spent like 20 minutes just now unscrewing the side panel bolt with a knife and have determined that this motherboard port you're referring to isn't inside the pc and instead is on the back, sealed by a black piece of plastic that is bolted onto the machine with screws that I haven't got a screwdriver for. :sigh:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

NumberLast posted:

That sucks, man.

Such is the danger of following advice given without context.

e: Are you phone posting or do you have a secondary PC?

I'm on a phone. A Samsung of some sort.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

I'm the guy who listens to 15 of those songs on repeat for days on end

Can you listen to stuff on repeat on spotify?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Solvent posted:

Good point. I apologize for not thinking of this.

So my computers have been notorious for not accepting the motherboard's port while a graphics card is installed. Since Matoi has it open, it might be productive to unplug the graphics card first. Given your seeming lack of knowledge on the subject, I suggest you do it GENTLY, and make sure you touch something metal just before you unplug it, so I was told, this will discharge any static electricity you might shock the delicate circuitry with... you do have a graphics card... right? Also, make a point to go buy some tools at the 99 cent store near you when you have a chance. Screwdrivers are cheap, and I forget other people aren't as accustomed to having a workshop full of crap to do basic stuff with.

Also, learn to change your own oil and replace your own brake pads. This is a general recommendation for anybody with a car.

... and make me a sig sometime. Please?

I'm broke so that's not going to happen anytime soon, if you post a sig request in my BYOB sig request thread I'll get to it in a couple of months, when I get a new computer.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ThndrShk2k posted:

The VGA/DVI cable can come undone with your fingers. If it's stuck in use plyers or a coin or something to start turning it.
The secondary port thing is only if you have a video port on your mobo as well as a GFX card

Your HDD should be fine though depending on the issue. The data can be recovered.

If you wish to see if it's just your video card you can boot it up and then look at your router's web UI to see if it says it's connected. Perhaps do a ping test to the PC to see if it responds (if the PC doesn't just go "I WON'T BOOT WITHOUT A VALID VIDEO CARD RESPONSE" though, some do.)

If you verify your PC can respond, it's fine and just a video card issue.
If it doesn't respond, could be any number of things depending on how far it boots.

I'm sorry but I don't understand any of this.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ThndrShk2k posted:

get one of those android pixel programs to make lovely pixel art.

No way. :p

Homeless Friend posted:

you just make a custom list afaik

That doesn't sound half bad.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ThndrShk2k posted:

VGA/DVI = the video cable. (since you said it has screws and HDMI cables don't have screws, typically)
Some motherboards don't have onboard video port for a second port.

Depending on the issue, your songs and data are fine. (doesn't sound like a hard drive issue since it shows no video from the PC as far as you said)
Your router may track what devices are connected, if your PC connects and you can communicate with it on the network then you know your PC is working, mostly.

I don't understand anything about that router stuff.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Baloogan posted:

and ya good chance its like a minor failure and ur songs are fine

I'm gunna have a friend bring over one of those little star screwdrivers so I can access the motherboard port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mrit posted:

Take a picture of the back of your motherboard(where all the connectors are), and I will tell you what to do.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread