Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Arivia posted:

Spending an hour and learning what a virtual file system is, how MO’s two-pane structure works, etc, saves you uncountable grief down the line.

Yeah that's not what I was talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is there a mod that puts the Fallout TV series into FO4?

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

Leal posted:

Is there a mod that puts the Fallout TV series into FO4?

There is (was?) a mod to watch movies at the movie theater settlement, and it probably wouldn't be too hard to add the TV show as an option, but no one could share that on the Nexus. Not sure what it takes to add your own.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'm at the page for Videos of the Wasteland, and apparently you can't play anything longer than 10 minutes.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
gonna watch dune tiktok edits at the Starlight Drive in.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Philippe posted:

I'm at the page for Videos of the Wasteland, and apparently you can't play anything longer than 10 minutes.

Shameful, in Project Zomboid you can watch the entirety of Shrek

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Philippe posted:

Okay, well you are going to want to get a copy of Davinci Resolve, it's a good free video editor. Then cut up the show into sub 10-minute chunks.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Arivia posted:

If you sign up for Nexus premium the whole thing works automatically. It’s sadly pretty much a requirement for any Wabbajack list.

Gotcha, worth the five bucks or whatever in that case that's two hrs of clicking.

I have been reading after I gave up on it and horizon comes highly recommended too haven't played the game in ages but I guess with the premium it won't be so bad to switch em up if I don't like life in the ruins.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Magmarashi posted:

Who gives a poo poo what other people use, don't be a dickhead

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I use Vortex and it's fine :shrug:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Its just that most people modding use MO2 so our ability to help with vortex is limited.

it seems like a good problem to have.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They could start by making Vortex not suck. Nexus Mod Manager was fine when it first came out but once MO got popular and NMM turned into Vortex it was clear which one was better.

Whenever the site is back up and running can someone recommend some good UI fix mods? I'm running FallUI right now and apparently you can download presets for it. I'm just running the basic FallUI. It's better than vanilla but that's no saying much. I really, really do not like Fallout 4's PipBoy menu.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I just use the fo76 pipboy menu. A bit tedious but it works. Generally FallUI lets you download HUD presets.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Try out Full Screen Pip Boy. Makes it much more bearable imo.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Gotta say, this is a really nice hand from I'm the True Perks mod:

Though it's really funny having everyone be like "Synths!!!" and no one reacting to me.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Whoa with the premium this wabbajack thing owns thanks for the tip Arivia

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

They could start by making Vortex not suck. Nexus Mod Manager was fine when it first came out but once MO got popular and NMM turned into Vortex it was clear which one was better.

haven't touched the game for some years, but basically any modding community would tell you to install mo2 and refuse to help you if you used vortex. it is not good. "are you using mo2" is basically the fallout 4 version of "is it powered on"

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Zodium posted:

haven't touched the game for some years, but basically any modding community would tell you to install mo2 and refuse to help you if you used vortex. it is not good. "are you using mo2" is basically the fallout 4 version of "is it powered on"

You can communicate "Sorry, I don't have experience with that, can't help you" without, and this is the key point of contention here, being a dickhead about it

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Magmarashi posted:

You can communicate "Sorry, I don't have experience with that, can't help you" without, and this is the key point of contention here, being a dickhead about it

This is it, but let's stop discussing that particular interaction now and move on with our lives

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does anyone know what might have caused my Hunting Rifle models to become invisible? I thought it was a mod I installed afterwards overwriting them but removing said mod and loading an earlier save didn't help.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Does it also happen on a new game or just that existing save?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Flowing Thot posted:

Does it also happen on a new game or just that existing save?

Looking into it more and it seems like it's a case of individual models disappearing in my inventory rather than everything vanishing. I've got a 10mm pistol that also has no model but other 10mm pistols apepar just fine.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Looking into it more and it seems like it's a case of individual models disappearing in my inventory rather than everything vanishing. I've got a 10mm pistol that also has no model but other 10mm pistols apepar just fine.

Sounds like it's individual weapon components that are missing models. See if you have mods that are messing with scopes/barrels/grips/other component models.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Does anyone know what might have caused my Hunting Rifle models to become invisible? I thought it was a mod I installed afterwards overwriting them but removing said mod and loading an earlier save didn't help.

Did you paint it with invisible paint?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gaius Marius posted:

Did you paint it with invisible paint?

Yeah it has thr chameleon legendary status on it.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Most of the Bethesda games have big mod packs to make NPCs look better. I found some pretty nice high quality texture packs for environments and objects which make things look a lot better, but in comparison now the NPCs look kind of out of place. Are there any good mods to deal with NPC heads, or armor? I know there are individual mods for individual pieces of armor or NPCs, I mean a good, large one?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Diogines posted:

Most of the Bethesda games have big mod packs to make NPCs look better. I found some pretty nice high quality texture packs for environments and objects which make things look a lot better, but in comparison now the NPCs look kind of out of place. Are there any good mods to deal with NPC heads, or armor? I know there are individual mods for individual pieces of armor or NPCs, I mean a good, large one?

Try SavrenX's mods for high res textures of the clothing and armor.
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/55611457

As for NPC heads, hell that's a crapshoot, there's no New Vegas Redesigned equivalent for Fallout 4, so there's a thousand different face retextures.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Thank you very much!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So i downloaded Magnum Opus and loaded the settings in MCM. Are the first Raiders you come across in Concord supposed to be unkillable death gods? It takes like a clip in the body to kill them, but I'm getting one shot by dudes with the worst pistol in the game.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Ethiser posted:

So i downloaded Magnum Opus and loaded the settings in MCM. Are the first Raiders you come across in Concord supposed to be unkillable death gods? It takes like a clip in the body to kill them, but I'm getting one shot by dudes with the worst pistol in the game.

I don’t know, but that was my experience the other day. I then deleted Magnum Opus.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Flowing Thot posted:

I don’t know, but that was my experience the other day. I then deleted Magnum Opus.

That's disappointing, the description made it sound like it wasn't supposed to be some hardcore difficulty modpack.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/62193?tab=description

HiPoly NPCs is an option, but I can't give any first person experience with it since it claims to conflict with most other NPC patches, and I couldn't be bothered to do any compatibility xediting. If you're not doing a ton of mods it'd probably just drop in

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ethiser posted:

That's disappointing, the description made it sound like it wasn't supposed to be some hardcore difficulty modpack.

There's some bug, I asked in their discord but never got any answers. It's not just raiders, every so often you'll find some unkillable creature as well, and if you go to the console the issue is they'll have like 150000 hp.

After watching one of my settlements take over 30 minutes to kill a bloatfly I uninstalled it.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Azhais posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/62193?tab=description

HiPoly NPCs is an option, but I can't give any first person experience with it since it claims to conflict with most other NPC patches, and I couldn't be bothered to do any compatibility xediting. If you're not doing a ton of mods it'd probably just drop in

There's a script on the nexus that automatically patches HPH with NPC characters and creates an esp for it. I run it after finalizing my load order and it nearly always works. (has issues with some headparts added via mods)

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Azhais posted:

There's some bug, I asked in their discord but never got any answers. It's not just raiders, every so often you'll find some unkillable creature as well, and if you go to the console the issue is they'll have like 150000 hp.

After watching one of my settlements take over 30 minutes to kill a bloatfly I uninstalled it.

might have something to do with magnum opus using true damage ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/66071 ), it's a mod that standardizes how much damage your guns do by ammo type. when it shits the bed all your guns will start hitting for 3-4 points, but there's a setting in the mcm manager that will reload the scripts, so give that a try if you want to keep using magnum opus because you like other features. it might also have npcs use items ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/73717 ) included, so a raider who has smashed med-x into their veins does have a brief window of immortality or will at least feel like it.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

better locational damage, no health scaling and panpc is the ideal combat experience. better power armor redux for power armor. think zzyxzz (bld/bpar) is back on nexus but panpc is still only available via greslins discord.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Flowing Thot posted:

I played Magnum Opus until I managed to find the Made-Unique-By-The-Modpack X-01 helmet, and then, later, compared it to the the T60 helmet I was "donated" by a helpful member of the Brotherhood of Steel and noticed that the brotherhood paint job made the T60 better armor than I could possibly make the X-01. I think maybe I could get energy slightly higher with Prismatic Coating, but at the cost of other stats. The Brotherhood just got a magic paintjob which made thier power armor way better than something the modpack maker felt the need to make unique.

I quite not long after that and no longer trust the guy to like, consider the effects of mods on other mods. I didn't have the damage issue but it was quite some time ago, maybe the guy changed their damage overhaul mods.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Zodium posted:

better locational damage, no health scaling and panpc is the ideal combat experience. better power armor redux for power armor. think zzyxzz (bld/bpar) is back on nexus but panpc is still only available via greslins discord.

yeah, its simple straightforwards and works great.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

boo boo bear posted:

might have something to do with magnum opus using true damage ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/66071 ), it's a mod that standardizes how much damage your guns do by ammo type. when it shits the bed all your guns will start hitting for 3-4 points,

I doubt that was the issue for the problem I was hitting anyway. The gun damage was fine, like you'd bump into 4 dogs and 3 would die in a shot but the last would be an unkillable juggernaut. If you opened the console and did the "getav health" (or whatever it is, I can never remember the console commands without looking them up every time) the 3 dogs would have a normal 100 hp or whatever, and the fourth would have thousands and thousands. I was doing full damage to it, you just couldn't tell because it had so much health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I went with "Life in the Ruins" as it seemed the easiest to install / configure from Wabbajack :v:

I'm like level 16 and enjoying it quite a bit. Most of the new Perks are cool, resources do feel pretty scarce so my HP is often lower than I'd like. I did end up re-rolling to make a higher STR character so I could more effectively use Melee and depend less on ammo, but even so can't always depend on hittin' poo poo.