Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, I discovered something neat. A big mod team is doing a huge expansion sized total conversion mod based on the Khan's from New Vegas settling in Wyoming. Looks pretty drat promising so far.

There's also Fallout Cascadia which is a big mod team doing Fallout: Seattle

http://falloutcascadia.com/About

edit: Also, on the topic of general mods, if you're going to recommend snap and build and Homemaker (which as of Monday at least completely overwrites the menus such that you can't access anything added in far harbor), you should really include Settlement Keywords Expanded:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12226/

It puts all of the misc add-on settlement stuff into their own menu namespace so nothing ever overwrites anything that Bethesda might add in. S&B has a SKE patch, SKE itself has one for Homemaker.

Azhais fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sintax posted:

I havent tried snap n build and homemaker, I was going thru the old links. This is why I was afraid to add mods I havent used, but bug reports are good. Is snap n build funky too?

Meant to add Settlement keywords in the last edit, thanks

I think snap & build works fine on its own

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dr Snofeld posted:

Which mod would you say has the best implementation of shutting Preston up? Something that deals with all his radiant quests. There's a few on the nexus but I can't make heads nor tails of them.

Just... stop doing them? If you don't empower him he just whines about the institute while weeding

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

People who put their tp that direction clearly don't own cats

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't see how allowing it is featuring

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've found that the Sirius armor has handled most of my jetpacking needs. It just doubles jump height which is a simple change that gets me basically everywhere I'd want to go.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

2house2fly posted:

So wait, there's no way to do a merged patch on consoles? If you download two weapon packs then whoops oh well? I guess there might be megapacks or something eventually.

Just refuse to use any weapon mod that doesn't use armor and weapon keywords expanded

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Schubalts posted:

Does that rely on a script extender? If it does, that is unusable on consoles.

I don't have any script extender installed, it's just a framework every author can use to make their weapon and armor mods play nice

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Babe Magnet posted:

so I posted a comment on the mod with these findings to maybe hopefully prod the mod author into fixing their retardedly dense gun a little bit, wasn't even rude or anything, maybe the worst thing I said was "This gun has way too many tris." poo poo I even ended my little report with "It's a very pretty gun but it's way too much, budget-wise", which as you'll note is a compliment as well as a critique.

Checked back today to see if they responded:

lmao the nexus owns

quote:

Ok, one more thing. Another person who starts a debate about amount of polys gets himself banned.
Poly budget in modern games is pretty huge, modern titles can have more then 50000 triangles for first person weapon mesh.
There are no unnecessary polys in my model, it's meant to be high quality.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

KiddieGrinder posted:

Ah the old "I made it bad on purpose!" excuse, great.

:jerkbag:

His comments are all about being his own man and not slaving his mod to others and not caring if it consumes too many resources when combined with others. He's like the sovereign citizen of fallout modding.

"I won't put out a keyword patch because I won't slave my mod to something else"

He'd probably ban you for admitting you made a merged patch.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Saint Sputnik posted:

Merged Patches make sure mods that add items to leveled lists don't overwrite each other

AWKCR handles the leveled lists too

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FlyinPingu posted:

So, in the case of "stolen" mods (a concept I still find dubious, considering Bethesda 100% owns any mod created for their games, end of story,) that are put up for the xbox, doesn't that mean that the modder could just... put them up themselves? Meaning that the only reason they don't is some childish disdain towards console users and/or bethesda? I mean, if they don't want to properly support an xbox release they could just put it up as is and say that, "hey, I'm not going to fix any issues that might pop up for this version, but here it is."

I feel like even if someone offered to port the mod over and make it properly console friendly, giving full credit to the original modder, they'd still refuse, which is ridiculous.

Bethesda is basically disclaiming all ownership with the way they're doing conflict resolution.

In a lot of cases the real mod and the fake mod(s) are both on there.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Entropic posted:

I hope they don't completely replicate the iOS game mechanics with raider attacks and everything. I'd actually love a mod that lets you trigger raider attacks on your settlements to put those defenses to use, but having raiders be able to break down your vault door and raid your vault kind of flies in the face of the entire basis of Fallout lore.

It totally is just fallout shelter. Their trailer clearly showed raider attacks, as well as the fallout shelter side view of the vault

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inzombiac posted:

Can anyone point me to a weapon mod that is an unarmed item like the power fist but does huge knock back.
I wanna be a wastelander that is also a DnD monk who Fusrohdahs raiders off cliffs.

Never tried, but maybe this plus Lorenzo's gun?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4515/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Those sure look like a bunch of weapons I'd pick up, say meh, and permanently ensconce on a shiny new contraptions weapon rack

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deified Data posted:

And go back to using what? Your Ghoulslayer Gamma Gun?

Hey, at least that's useful for healing Hancock.

But you basically make my point. Legendaries are an utter crapshoot. Some of these unique mods might be cool on a good weapon, but I'd very much prefer a guaranteed easily acquired lucky laser pistol over 10% bonus damage in power armor

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kimsemus posted:

> Kill a Legendary Super Mutant Behemoth

>Rewarded with pipe shotgun that does 20% more damage to robots whilst standing still

cooooooooooool :thumbsup:

I'm still failing to understand what argument you guys are trying to make with all your sarcastic comments.

Legendary hunting is poo poo, we all seem to agree on that. This mod removes the guaranteed good weapon/legendary combinations that some of the unique weapons represented and goes back to having to kill legendary mutant behemoths until you get a good effect on something you can move the unique effect over to.

In my last game through 95 levels I got exactly one decent legendary drop in the form of an instigating sniper rifle (and 27 crippling pool cues in my crippling pool cue box at last count). Everything else I used was a purchased unique, none of which would have been purchased in the brave new world of that mod.

Is there an option to only get the new appearances, because that'd be awesome.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Saint Sputnik posted:

I gave the beta of Mod Organizer 2 another try but I'm still having the same issue as the first time -- the mods all load, because it doesn't give me any missing mod errors, but none of the mods actually load -- all invisible meshes etc. I'd like something less cumbersome than "run .bat file to add asterisks to the load list" because it doesn't actually work half the time and I have to restart

Yeah, after I hosed up my mods (external to any program) and reinstalled fallout entirely I decided to try MO2 (the latest beta that supported 1.5) instead of NMM since everyone kept saying it was better and NMM was "unintuitive" (whatever that means, just hit the drat checkbox, what's to be intuitive?) and it was a real hassle getting anything functional out of it. I was tearing my hair out trying to get even trivial mods working right, half of the installers didn't seem to work, and I finally gave up on it entirely after trying to install a mod and it kept giving me poo poo about "Can't figure out how to install this, here, have a drag and drop interface and I'd like you to rearrange the files until this box goes green".

NMM, on the other hand, installed it all cleanly the first time and it all worked as expected

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FronzelNeekburm posted:

This really doesn't sound right. Did you have the current beta version of MO2? Are you running Fallout 4 by choosing it from the drop-down in the top-right and clicking "Run"? Did you install Fallout to C:\Program Files (x86)?

I was running the current beta. It absolutely refused to allow me to select any options in the installers, they were all greyed out. Like Vacidil's item sorting, or eyes of beauty, or cbbe, or any clothing mods, it was all defaults or nothing. And in multiple of those cases the defaults are literally nothing because you have to click checkboxes for what you actually want to install.

As for the non-standard layouts, NMM can figure it out, so could MO2 if they cared.

Uninstalling can be tricky if there are files from one mod overwriting another, but worst case there's a "reinstall all" button that will generally cause it to unfuck itself. I very, very, rarely uninstall mods unless I'm flat out starting over clean so it hasn't come up much.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

gileadexile posted:

Why are all the gun mods I'm seeing ridiculously oversized in the hands of characters?

Because modern PCs can handle large weapon mods, obviously.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just use the console and scrapall

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Seashell Salesman posted:

What's it do? Scrap every possible thing within the cell, a certain radius, the entire game? It sounds great for vanilla scrapable items, but with the expanded scrap mods I'm afraid it would remove too much stuff (eg. in Sanctuary you'd end up with no roads, foundations, retaining wall around the river).

It scraps everything scrappable using the normal tools within the current settlement. This includes crafting benches and dropped weapons/armor, so you need to be at least somewhat cognizant of what you're up to (or be able to rebuild the benches), but for most places that aren't the red rocket it doesn't matter much. It won't destroy random other structures if you couldn't R/E them anyway.

8 Ball posted:

Does scrapall work with mods like Spring Cleaning?

Hmm, I've not tried it tbh.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inzombiac posted:

Who the hell uses the lair for anything?

Yeah, you can't grow food there, which is really irritating. I was really hoping the planters would let me. So either way I have to have another settlement, so the lair is really less than ideal.

Hopefully the Vault add-on will let you do hydroponics or something.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Apoplexy posted:

Welp, I bit the bullet and got FO4 with everything up to Contraception Workshop [img-Childkiller]. I hate playing Bethesda games vanilla, but I feel like putting a few hours into the vanilla experience is necessary to understand what all needs fixing via modding. That said, I really don't want to waste my drat time playing an unrefined mess. What is absolutely necessary to have for FO4 to not suck?

I generally just like the things that make things look nicer.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/212/ - Enhanced Blood
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1769/ - Vivid Fallout (better optimized textures)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/244/ - Water Enhancement Textures
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/735/ - Radiant Clouds and Fogs
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4472/ - True Storms
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1215/ - Improved map with visible roads

Quality of life wise I like the faster terminal displays. The text fill rate on terminals is godawful by default, so I spike that poo poo to 30x (and it's still slow)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/937/

And as someone else mentioned, the full dialogue interface
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/

None of those are really gameplay changes, just world enrichment. I generally play with a million other mods just because, but none of them are really mission critical.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
^^^ it's called immersive fast travel. On my phone so I can't link it

TerminalSaint posted:

I wouldn't call Interplay's Brotherhood mean, if anything they were fairly benign; wiping out the Vipers, confronting the super mutant threat, etc.

It's more that they were insular as all get-out, with a few members who were assholes.

Yeah, Fallout 4s brotherhood is way worse than other versions. I can't really reconcile "lawful good" with Elder "literally Hitler" Maxsom.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr.Grit posted:

Pretty much abandoned by the author, no? Last I checked it didn't work for far harbor settlements.

Yeah, he hasn't posted in months. If you're looking for something for Far Harbor there's always the Dauntless

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14829/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ivPdvZpe8

He does warn that the mod will let you travel to Far Harbor before the quest is unlocked and doesn't know how that will break things, so use with caution in that regard I guess.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FlyinPingu posted:

oh my god I was wondering if the mortar worked on living things

You can load yourself into a mortar and fire it too! Quick eject from the 4th floor of your elevator tower

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gonkish posted:

Oh my sweet baby jesus a Kar98k with a good model and good textures. I just wept really nerdy man tears.

Has anyone made sure it doesn't use 138k triangles?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Otacon posted:

Not that I can see, and I too run quite a bunch of mods. Wasteland Workshop added a new category to the main settlement menu (Cages) which affected things like Home Maker, Expanded Settlements, OCDecorator, but Contraptions only adds submenus. Overall, I don't think there were any conflicts for me.

Yeah, I haven't seen any conflicts either

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone have a copy of resurrection someplace? Looks like the guy took it down

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Falcon2001 posted:

What's the best way to move a shitton of stuff from one settlement to another? Is there a linked inventory or something?

Supply lines with Local Leader will let junk be used in other stations, and allows excess food/water at one settlement feed another, but you can't deposit in one settlement and withdraw in another, it's virtual.

If you actually want to bulk move everything, waiting til you have access to vertibirds works nicely.

It also works passably to send settlers from all over the place to the settlement you want to clear out, loading them up, then reassigning them to the place you want everything. They can only carry like 100wt each, but it can add up.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I feel dumb asking this question but all the inventory/pipboy mods that have weightless and vanilla versions; are they making the physical inventory items you pick up weightless, or is it weight in some other less literal sense, like font weight?

The actual items

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Okay that's what I figured initially but I don't understand why anyone would want their UI mod to make all items weightless.

Well, non-survival has aid and ammo weightless anyway, so a lot of that is returning it to non-survival values.

I personally keep everything but junk at vanilla values, and set junk to the "weight of components" version. Most things end up lighter, some get heavier, and while it doesn't make a lot of sense that a toaster suddenly weights like .2 lbs, it's a lot less irritating than some 5lb item containing a single screw.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SeanBeansShako posted:

ENERGY WEAPOOONNNS!

You guys ever miss the Plasma Caster? IT'S BAAAACK.

It's odd they put the caster in fallout shelter but not in 4

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dongicus posted:

Perk mods that allow more interesting character builds instead of +50 percent damage against molerats or w/e. More spawns do sound good.

And my questions been answered because the CK is only in beta for some reason lol.

Note that war of the commonwealth isn't "hard", it's basically impossible at max spawns (at least on survival) at early levels anyway. Bumping into level 20+ top tier enemies as you exit the vault isn't survivable or (imo) fun in the slightest. I like the "More Spawns" mod better, but it can make some of the dungeons really really brutal

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4253/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Apoplexy posted:

Dude, thank you. I thought it was just me, so I fired up the mod in ye olde xEdit, turns out the fucker mod author wasn't content with just adding tons and tons of spawn points, THAT ARE CONFIGURABLE, but he had to change every encounter zone level to an absurd range. There's NOWHERE you can go at level 1. Everything you encounter will be able to kill you in one hit, even with survival options changed so that incoming and outgoing damage are 100%. It's sucky.

That said, another mod, Adjusted Encounter Zones, is just as bad. Levels 3-15 for the starting zone? Get hosed.

Yeah, I don't like it at all. The guy just literally painted the landscape with spawns, no rhyme or reason. I had high hopes for his "make the wasteland seem alive" but that'd require putting some thought into why spawns are in certain areas vs everything everywhere.

I've been tempted to look into how it all works, make a WotC type mod that adds thematically appropriate spawns, more patrols from the various enemy strongholds (i.e. have tons of gunners roaming from Quincy to 95 to Mass Fusion), that sort of thing. And also include bumps to the friendly factions, so there's actually a war at diamond city vs the current scenario where it is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deathclaws, Inc.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sintax posted:

It's a cool mod, but your game is gonna be rendering all those studs and bits of insulation behind the walls.

The comments on the video itself talk about people's games stuttering when near the buildings.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I would love to play that game. Already watching the video I was getting pissed off there wasn't any framing for the roof or ceiling and he didn't put up any plywood on the exterior wall framing and there was no floor on top of the foundation, he just laid flooring straight down, etc.

And where's the goddamn house wrapping

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Krowley posted:

Any weapon compilation mods out yet? I know nexusers frown on "STEALING CONTENT" like that, but it'd be so convenient if anyone had taken all those individual weapon mods and stuck them in a one-click install archive

Weaponsmith extended has a bunch of them in a big compilation (with permission) but I don't know how frequently it is updated with new rollup mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Midnight Voyager posted:

That isn't going to happen. The mods it requires are all the weapons it adds. By making an ESP where you have to get all the original mods just to use it, they skirt around the "STEALING MY MODS" thing.

The mods it requires are the configuration steps for a subset of the mods it includes. He at least claims he has permission for the rollup